• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A huge problem with the JW religion:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He really did not have one. You are merely reinterpreting after the fact. As to general visions I am sure there are many that have been accurate. Did he predict that the world would get better and better? If he did not he failed.

What can I say? Not a thing to you personally but to all I can shout aloud the thoughts that, I am a world citizen and my country is this planet.

'One planet one people please'! :)

Who inspired that?

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What can I say? Not a thing to you personally but to all I can shout aloud the thoughts that, I am a world citizen and my country is this planet.

'One planet one people please'! :)

Who inspired that?

Regards Tony
The Buddha? Jesus? Just about any serious religious leader that you can think of and countless others as well.

I am not saying that your beliefs are false, but you are guilty of using faulty reasoning to justify them. You should try and see if you can find a more rational approach. An irrational approach in defending a religion degrades that religion.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Rev 6 was those events. We are way past that. It is close.The generation of 1914-1919 will see Har-mageddon come to earth. They are very old.
That was over 100 years ago. That generation is gone. You were wrong.

sojourner

Wow are you blind. I just shared what Jesus taught. You are telling him he is in error. What a haughty heart you must live in. No wonder it reasons falsely( Jeremiah 17:9)
No, you shared your interpretation of what the gospel writers said Jesus taught.

sojourner

Its 100% proven fact--The religion that came out of Rome did not have Jesus. Its satans, it is this-2Thess 2:3--and all 33,999 branches.
We’re not talking about the RCC. At all. That you think we are shows that you don’t know your subject matter, so you can’t provide a decent argument. Apostolic tradition is much broader than just Rome.

sojourner

The bible does refute any who teach that Jesus death covers all sin. They know it, the trinity scholars know they are lying as well. They cannot stop pulling in billions every year to teach truth and expose themselves as false.
No. It doesn’t. I just showed a passage from Romans where Paul says explicitly that our unrighteousness doesn’t overshadow God’s.

sojourner

Yes I do. They only had error filled trinity translations to go by back then. Many proven errors found in those pages-designed to mislead
All bibles contain errors. Even yours.

Example-- A capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1--Their own greek lexicon proves its an error
You do know, of course, that there was no such thing as upper and lower case in the Ancient Greek texts, right? THEWRITINGWASALLDONEINCAPITALLETTERSWITHNOSPACESBEYWEENWORDSNOPUNCTUATIONNOBREAKSORINDENTATIONSTOINDICATEPARAGRAPHSANDNOCHAPTERORVERSEDEMARCATIONSSORTOFLIKETHISEXAMPLEHERE

sojourner

Has any one else had such a world embracing vision, given a vision of how that would unfold and been so lucky with it all?

History has shown some other lucky guesses must have been people such as Jesus Christ and Muhammad.

Regards Tony
And Jesus said, “Don’t worry about tomorrow; today’s stresses are enough for today.” Future prediction isn’t even the main point of prophecy, so why use such lucky coincidences as the benchmark for orthodoxy?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And Jesus said, “Don’t worry about tomorrow; today’s stresses are enough for today.” Future prediction isn’t even the main point of prophecy, so why use such lucky coincidences as the benchmark for orthodoxy?

One can choose to see them as lucky :D

To me that they have become Absolute Certainty. :)

Hope you are well and happy. Regards Tony

Last edited:

kjw47

Since you are hardly a linguist I won't take your word for it. Worse yet it is not "calling Jesus a liar". That is because you are breaking the Second Commandment by making a false idol of the Bible. The Bible is not God. The Bible does not, in fact can not claim to be perfect. If you understood the history of the Bible you would see this. It was not just dumped from a space ship whole and intact. Worse yet one calls God a liar by a literalistic interpretation of the Bible. If your God cannot lie then the Bible cannot be read literally.

God through Holy spirit preserved the teachings of Jesus. The New world translation has corrected the errors of trinity translation.

kjw47

No. It doesn’t. I just showed a passage from Romans where Paul says explicitly that our unrighteousness doesn’t overshadow God’s.

Paul wouldn't contradict himself-Hebrews 10:26--No sacrifice left for any who practice a sin. False reasoning makes the contradictions. As 1Cor 6:9-11 is clear in the statement--This is what some of you were ( past tense) they repented( stopped) doing sins. That one is still deserving of death. Jesus sacrifice covers the little flock( 144,000 to heaven) and the great crowd( other sheep) who will not taste death. Those who practice sin( worker of iniquity) will hear these words as judgement-Matthew 7:21-23-- no matter what mortal tells them they are saved or born again.

kjw47

All bibles contain errors. Even yours.

You do know, of course, that there was no such thing as upper and lower case in the Ancient Greek texts, right? THEWRITINGWASALLDONEINCAPITALLETTERSWITHNOSPACESBEYWEENWORDSNOPUNCTUATIONNOBREAKSORINDENTATIONSTOINDICATEPARAGRAPHSANDNOCHAPTERORVERSEDEMARCATIONSSORTOFLIKETHISEXAMPLEHERE

In the greek Lexicon-- Ho Theos= The God is in the second line at John 1:1--Plain Theos is in the last line--the difference--Ho Theos= The true living God--plain Theos = a god. Carrying the biblical meaning--- Has godlike qualities. This is why- John 5:30, Coll 1:15, Acts 2:22)--- Otherwise in simple English according to trinity translation in the second line reads--And God swas with God--The bible isclear--There is one God--And at Rev 3:12-- trinity religions must teach--God has a God( another God=HS over there) but there is only One God.