• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Great Resource

taykair

If anyone is looking for a wonderful resource dealing with the sacred texts of various faiths (or just plain texts for other philosophies or belief systems), then I suggest the following:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/

(Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, either here or elsewhere on this site. I'm rather new here, and have not yet had the chance to review all of the other threads here.)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
It's a useful site. Most of the translations are older (say a century or more), but they at least get the flavor of the texts, and provide a useful jumping-off point for reading newer translations/interpretations. Thanks for posting it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's a useful site. Most of the translations are older (say a century or more), but they at least get the flavor of the texts, and provide a useful jumping-off point for reading newer translations/interpretations. Thanks for posting it.
Yes. It's one of those web sites that I wish were more up to date but it's still a useful site.