• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A good book for a glimpse of Kaballah?

Atrus

My normal tendency is to buy a copy of each religion's sacred text, but when looking at Kaballah, I realized that... wouldn't work hah. Can anyone suggest a good book alternative for on who likes learning and working through the various religious beliefs?

Now I'll admit that a "crash-course" book on Kaballah sounds like a huge contradiction, but we can only do the best we can do. Oh, and one more caveat, as much as I like cliffnotes-style books sometimes, I tend to not like them when related to religion. They can be....too personally interpretive I've found. So if suggestions could be given that, for instance, contain as many actual lines from perhaps the Zohar, then the more the better. :)

Thanks!

The Genesis Code

My normal tendency is to buy a copy of each religion's sacred text, but when looking at Kaballah, I realized that... wouldn't work hah. Can anyone suggest a good book alternative for on who likes learning and working through the various religious beliefs?

Now I'll admit that a "crash-course" book on Kaballah sounds like a huge contradiction, but we can only do the best we can do. Oh, and one more caveat, as much as I like cliffnotes-style books sometimes, I tend to not like them when related to religion. They can be....too personally interpretive I've found. So if suggestions could be given that, for instance, contain as many actual lines from perhaps the Zohar, then the more the better. :)

Thanks!

We can recommend you the best spiritual book on the market THE GENESIS CODE: GOD HAS SPOKEN. If you want true knowledge from the ancient Hebrew texts of the Torah, this book was written just for you.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
So if suggestions could be given that, for instance, contain as many actual lines from perhaps the Zohar, then the more the better. :)

Thanks!

Keep an eye out for Rav Berg, and you cal always look through the hasidic resources of Chabad.org

But remember Kabbalah and Torah goes hand to hand and you can't have Kabbalah without Torah.