• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A discussion of the Ego

Random

All I know is that ultimately attempts to extricate the Ego from the Self are futile and potentially harmful. Self bashing and Ego bashing ammount to the same thing. I think it is better to marry your Self to your Ego and hope for co-operation and some kind of peaceful co-existence. Cos' you ain't gonna get rid of either one and have Life...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I suppose the instinct for self-preservation implies placing importance on the self. Maybe that fits better with Matt's use of "egotistical".

I dont know..but if thats the case I am so full of myself it is not even funny..I drink water when I am thirsty..."I" cover up when Im cold...And if I have fed my kids and I havent eaten yet and when I fix a plate of food if they want a bite?..Thats a "bad scene " man..

Not only that "I" like to listen to certain types of music."I" love animals..."I" "I" "I" ..am ...I am..And Im "important" to me if no one else.."I" will survive.

Im full of "ego" in that sense..

Blessings

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
All I know is that ultimately attempts to extricate the Ego from the Self are futile and potentially harmful. Self bashing and Ego bashing ammount to the same thing. I think it is better to marry your Self to your Ego and hope for co-operation and some kind of peaceful co-existence. Cos' you ain't gonna get rid of either one and have Life...

What do you think the difference is between the self and the ego?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
"I" like dark chocolate.."I hate" milk chocolate..

"I" want to be loved and accepted..."I " want to be free not enslaved..."I" want sex..."I" want respect from my children..."I" want pain killers if my back rips in half and "Im " in horrible pain..."I" want shelter from the weather" ..."I" want to relate to others...."I " want to help if I can..

But thats just "me"..

Im the egotisitcal type..

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Self and ego to me are closely related..In fact maybe the same thing..

INFLATED self or ego ...Or Lacking self or ego...Is the problem area..

Self and ego also are intertwined IMHO with individual personalites..Its what makes us unique.

Blessings

Dallas

i have a large ego but only act on it if i realy need/want to
couln't care less if a 3 world country got massmurdered (unless it interupted my shos)
but if someone wants or needs something from me il give it even if it gives me discomfort