• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A different view of Reincarnation

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Basically Reincarnation is telling us that THERE IS ONLY ONE WORLD! THIS ONE THAT GOD CREATED FOR US. God Sri Rama created this world, this earth, gave us this life.
Life is a Gift from God & Reincarnation says we get to savor this Gift over and over!

But we also understand that Life is hard - nothing is GIVEN, nothing is FREE! We have to WORK for a living, PAY for what we eat, where we live, EARN what we desire

Many give up - some turn to crime, stealing, others look for rich Sugar daddies go give them a life of comfort.
Tell them they "love" them, sing their praises and hope for a bone. Supporters of dictators like Putin, Kim Jong-un, prostitutes, leeches use such methods
And it is these people that Death Cults like Heaven's Gate target, making cheap promises of an easy lazy life AFTER Death

Reincarnation cautions us against falling for such cheap promises. The world that God created for us is right before our eyes. Choose this Life. Understand that God is not with the Dead, but is with the Living!
God is down here with US!
Choose to be with God!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Basically Reincarnation is telling us that THERE IS ONLY ONE WORLD! THIS ONE THAT GOD CREATED FOR US. God Sri Rama created this world, this earth, gave us this life.
Life is a Gift from God & Reincarnation says we get to savor this Gift over and over!

But we also understand that Life is hard - nothing is GIVEN, nothing is FREE! We have to WORK for a living, PAY for what we eat, where we live, EARN what we desire

Many give up - some turn to crime, stealing, others look for rich Sugar daddies go give them a life of comfort.
Tell them they "love" them, sing their praises and hope for a bone. Supporters of dictators like Putin, Kim Jong-un, prostitutes, leeches use such methods
And it is these people that Death Cults like Heaven's Gate target, making cheap promises of an easy lazy life AFTER Death

Reincarnation cautions us against falling for such cheap promises. The world that God created for us is right before our eyes. Choose this Life. Understand that God is not with the Dead, but is with the Living!
God is down here with US!
Choose to be with God!
Hindu scriptures talk about many worlds and many heavens and nether worlds apart from this worlds and that reincarnation journey of the soul takes them to many of these worlds according to the consequences of their actions in life, here or elsewhere. So the claim that there is no other world may be your personal view but cannot be supported by Hindu scriptures at least.
Also Hindu scriptures talk that renunciation of materialistic pursuits and becoming detached from them is a prime objective of life. So while working for a living is fine, many people renounce the world to medidate on God or the ultimate Brahman. That too is a laudable thing to do. So there is no compulsion. One can work in a pious and detached manner and that leads to liberation from rebirth, or one can renounce and become one with the Self through Dhyana/Bhakti and that too provides liberation.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Only one world? How are you coming to this conclusion?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Only one world? How are you coming to this conclusion?

"Over and over" implies an understanding of time that's been discredited by modern physics. Time is not as we perceive it.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Basically Reincarnation is telling us...US...us...we...we...We...we...we...we...us...us...US!

What does your god say about presuming to speak for others?

Choose to be with God!

What does your god say about telling others what to do or believe?

If you want to discuss your views with me, I'd be more than happy to talk to you, but please don't tell me what I should do or what to believe. I find it rude.

Viswa

Hare Ram.

I don't think so as you said above. History says Devotees and Yogis and Monks and Mendicants, hadn't worked for living and get pay.

They didn't went for a job or a business. Devotees spent all time in devotion to their God, and food reached them through donation and etc., It's the same in case of Ashrams too.

Mendicants, renounced work and pay, and begged for food and they clearly seen that food reaches them at the right time, so don't think about it and left it to God's grace or to the Flow.

They didn't thought that Life is Hard, about Food, about Work, etc., If it is there as donation, they felt fine. If it is not there by donation or gifts, those time too they were fine even the body is in hunger and waited humbly for the moment for that hunger stops, and continued the devotion/meditation/flow without hesitation even in that hunger.

Thank you.
:)

The Crimson Universe

@Viswa Even though many renunciates live on the donations and offerings of other people, it is not the perfect way of living one's whole life (by begging and by depending on other's wealth and so on.)

You said the renunciates didn't consider life hard because donations always reached them.
Do you realize my friend, where this donation of a wealthy man comes from? Isn't it earned by the wealthy man by working hard. So there's got to be people in society who should aquire or earn by providing their services.

On the other hand, I've read in the past, that few advanced yogis don't need food to survive and therefore they don't even need to empty their bowels. With their yogic powers they can absorb energy from air and sun, just like plants.
They don't need warm clothes while living in the snowy mountains and can take care of themselves, without relying on other people's help.
This is a lot better than begging if you ask me. Atleast they're not being leeches.
But it is not easy to obtain such yogic powers, atleast in this age. In this kali yuga, we have no other choice but to work.

Last edited:

The Crimson Universe

Basically Reincarnation is telling us... God Sri Rama created this world, this earth, gave us this life.
Life is a Gift from God...

If you ask me, it is THAT (which existed before the manifestation of Rama, Vishnu, Shiva, Devi, etc.) who created/manifested this world ... Not Rama. ;)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
@Viswa Even though many renunciates live on the donations and offerings of other people, it is not the perfect way of living one's whole life (by begging and by depending on other's wealth and so on.)

You said the renunciates didn't consider life hard because donations always reached them.
Do you realize my friend, where this donation of a wealthy man comes from? Isn't it earned by the wealthy man by working hard. So there's got to be people in society who should aquire or earn by providing their services.

On the other hand, I've read in the past, that few advanced yogis don't need food to survive and therefore they don't even need to empty their bowels. With their yogic powers they can absorb energy from air and sun, just like plants.
They don't need warm clothes while living in the snowy mountains and can take care of themselves, without relying on other people's help.
This is a lot better than begging if you ask me. Atleast they're not being leeches.
But it is not easy to obtain such yogic powers, atleast in this age. In this kali yuga, we have no other choice but to work.
The yogis are walking on the final stage of the path that all of us will follow. Their examples and their words are foundation from which the spiritual awareness of the Self and the Brahman flow into this world that is usually obscured by ego and material striving. So in my view their contribution to society and our lives are far far greater than the small material donations needed for them to subsist in this life as they perform their tapsya Or yoga.

Viswa

Even though many renunciates live on the donations and offerings of other people, it is not the perfect way of living one's whole life (by begging and by depending on other's wealth and so on.)

Oh.....

I will go step by step. You have to understand Good Karma here.

Begging is not a bad thing. You just give an opportunity to the donor by making donations to a sadhu, so that his bad deeds can be wiped off. You may take the life of Shirdi Sai Baba, and other Mendicants, even Buddha - this begging is out of compassion towards others, and not a very cheap thing.

Even to say, Begging is the purest act ever can be done for the good of others, making their life better by giving alms and add up good karma.

And so, Brahmanas in early life to live with donations and gifts, but not a working class. And so renunciates too.

And Depending on Other's wealth? What do you mean by OTHER? There is no wealth written in the name of "Viswa" and "Greg". Wealth is itself temporary in hands. One time it will be with you, and other time the same with me, and so passes every where.

And so, Krishna many times said, don't seeks results of action (which is wealth earned and good and bad and etc.,) as YOUR's.

There is no OTHER's "blah blah blah". Nothing one own's, and is just he thinks he owns, a mere ignorance.

Energy from air and sun, is also a donation. If there is no Sun, then how they can survive?

Also, you have to read the same history again. Body will decay, but only time can be extended, and one can transforms from one body to another with yogic powers. But still that body will decay too, and pressurized to take another body, like the happenings in the movie Ghost Rider 2. If one is not interested in Begging, then like those yogi one can live the life by concentrating on throat, where the Hunger power resides. By such concentration for months/years, hunger can be eradicated.

But note, all Sages and Monks spent their life in food by donations and not by work or with siddhi powers. Even Buddha or Sankara or Ramana, who understood and had siddhi powers - forgone those and remained seeking donations/gifts. Because with siddhi powers, there is no use for others. But in Begging or donations, as I said, it helps people a lot in adding Good Karma, which they won't get in any action in the world.

Only in donation to real mendicants/Sages/Jnanis, people accumulates highest good karma in this world, or dissolves any highest bad karma they did. It's what Vedas says too. By Sacrificing the wealth one accumulated to such pure beings, one eradicates all past bad karmas.

Yes. There is better than begging. But it is useful only for him and few. But in the act of begging, it makes use to whomever donates to that pure mendicant, rather than himself, as nothing he wants for him and just roam around as mendicant only for spreading the Love and Teachings.

Shankara lived in Alms. Ramana Maharshi. And so many and many.

Begging is not a laziness to those truth seers. Begging is out of compassion to others.

Also, they begged only food and not money, that is what notable.

But, in this Kali Yuga, not everyone can get those donations always. If you have the pure Bliss inside, people will surely gets attracted to you and not by the words you speak (those words business of Asadhgurus are just temporary), like they got to Ramana and many, will reach you wherever they are around the world.

You see, in Sathya yugas and others only there is more good, so not many difference in Attraction towards those, as many are pure.

But, only in this Kali yuga, there is need of Pure, and people who suffers and truly seeks, easily gets attracted towards those pure beings. That's the Goodness in kali Yuga. That's the difference of Many Lights in Electric Shop/Daylight, and a Simple small Lamp in Immense Darkness.

Last edited:

Viswa

Also, what kind of act in kali Yuga can be done better than Begging?

Act in Kali Yuga itself is 75% Adharmic. Whatever act done as Dharma, will be put to dustbin and that person will be mocked and killed, who wish to change world or trying to bring Dharma.

So, you mean to say, to act Adharmic for living, is better than Begging? That is, like to exploit people as the wealthy people do, and living as such is better than Begging? To torture people/environment/nature to earn wealth, is better than making them eradicate bad karmas by begging?

Isn't the wealthy people donate those to those pure beings, because they did many bad deeds to people in earning wealth in Kali yuga?

What is the best action in Kali Yuga, for the goodness of people around (instead of selfish earning of wealth) better than begging?

See, one thing, all your views and knowledge are already analyzed by those pure beings who lived in the past 5,000 centuries. And, only by all those observations they took up the mendicant way.

Buddha, who thrown the Vedas and rituals away, why he choose to live as a Mendicant, like the Hindu Sages lived previously? Why didn't he took the position of King and didn't do the better act for the people in this Kali Yuga? He have siddhi powers right? And so, Shankara and etc., right? Why didn't they chosed to become a King for nation, or earning wealth from action and donate to people?

Because, in this Kali Yuga, it won't last long. Greed grows higher, and within few years, the thrown/wealth earned will be taken by someone by Adharmic way. There is No Krishna always to protect Pandavas all time from Gauravas and mainly from Saghuni. People like Saguni, who knows which is Dharma, has a trick to put down those Dharmic persons by Laws and Legislations and Games.

Even,you may heard of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (I think Chaitanya or Some Vaisheshika) story, where he received more donation as wealth, and immediately it attracted thieves, and only two armed mens (like Rama and Lakshmana) guarded him in Night. And next morning, the thieves felled down to him and felt sorry for their act. Immediately he asked sorry to them, as the wealth only attracted them, because Kali dances in Pleasure-Wealth-Etc., and immediately gave those wealth to many people in that village which he received as Donation. It's not very much easy to preserve the Wealth and Throne in this Age, even for GOD Krishna, as Greed and Pride grows within people.

The Long Lasting -Many Reaching - Good Action one can ever do in this Kali Yuga, is to BEG. All other actions are based on wealth transfer, and not in deep Love/Bliss. Not for own desire for hunger by being lazy, but knowing about Ignorance, become Jnani and Beg in compassion towards others. It's not compelling others, but one who has deep impressions to sacrifice and seeks some God's Blessings, if the begging bowl is shown to them, immediately he/she gives food, and starts to spend time with those pure beings even while accumulating wealth for his/her living. No need of words or creating pity or compulsion. Just to Beg for the sake of others.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Mendicants, renounced work and pay, and begged for food and they clearly seen that food reaches them at the right time, so don't think about it and left it to God's grace or to the Flow. :)
"Ajgar kare na chākri, panchi kare na kām;
Dās Malukā keh gaye, sabke dātā Rām"
(A python does not serve anyone, the bird does no work;
Makuk Das has said, Rām provides for all.)

The Crimson Universe

@Viswa Well, not all those who earn, exploit nature or torture living beings. Only greedy, self-centered people do.

I understand what you're trying to say here. That begging reduces evil karmic effects of the donator and maximises the merits.
But imagine, if there remains no wordly people on earth, i.e. if every single of them becomes begging sages, then to whom will they approach for donations?
I mean if the entire population of family-men who turned into sages are not enlightened enough and have no special yogic powers to live without food, then from where will they get the donations?
You'll probably say God will come down from heaven to take care of their needs.
Well, if Personal-God was really that benevolent, then He would have forgiven our evil deeds and eradicated suffering. :rolleyes:

Viswa

@Viswa Well, not all those who earn, exploit nature or torture living beings. Only greedy, self-centered people do.

I understand what you're trying to say here. That begging reduces evil karmic effects of the donator and maximises the merits.
But imagine, if there remains no wordly people on earth, i.e. if every single of them becomes begging sages, then to whom will they approach for donations?
I mean if the entire population of family-men who turned into sages are not enlightened enough and have no special yogic powers to live without food, then from where will they get the donations?
You'll probably say God will come down from heaven to take care of their needs.
Well, if Personal-God was really that benevolent, then He would have forgiven our evil deeds and eradicated suffering. :rolleyes:

Don't worry. Not everyone can Beg. Only person who lost pride can survive in act of begging. When Hunger deepens or cannot digest other's mocking/torture, Pride/Rajas dominates and will return back for accumulating wealth.

You are speculating things that won't happen. There are Tamasic, who are very lazy, so beg in streets and temples. But, those are only few in comparison to Rajasic.

Pride is high in Kali Yuga, not even 10% can survive by renunciation. Only Pure Sattvic, who as a Jnani, can see things as it is, survives in this mendicant/Devoted life without desires.

I think you forgot about Kali. It lures people, and 90% are towards it, even they do it in the name of Spirituality, accumulating wealth for own desires by working in name of lectures and classes. They don't Beg. They maintain dignity/Pride/respect by saying "I provide you knowledge/experience and you donate me". How Ignorant they are.

Yes, personal God DO eradicate past Karmas (both Good and Bad) and sufferings. At the time of Death, just thinking about the personal God, don't part with Yama or rebirth, and go the God's Abode (like Narayana or Shiva or Vinayaga or Skanda or Goddess).

Just thinking about GOD in prayers or Manthras or Bhajans or Sanga, relieves one from Sufferings for a while. And devoting their whole life in that, true to heart and not mocking other Gods and see everything as GOD, actually remains free from sufferings, and express their devotion in many ways, and remain Blissfully in it.

For one who renounced earning by work, and devoted to temples like Ramanuja and etc., remained for 120 years living. How is it possible? It's all strong devotion.

If Devotion is very strong and very true, even no demons can block one from making them reach food. It's all strong Sankalpa and strong devotion, and by that strong devotion - returns from that personal GOD as God's Grace/blessings. From where or How it came, it would all seem merely like Co-incidence, one people reach them and give it as if they thought on their own. But, this Co-incidence happens many times. It's like that Personal GOD, creates that thought to other persons, to make them reach food to their devotees.

You can see no records in History, of a devotee or mendicant, died of HUNGER. They might starve for even days, but food will reach them and will not die out of Hunger.

Last edited: