• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Challenge

Daemon Sophic

.....snip...... Which leads me to my Challenge.

Provide evidence to the existence of God, or a sound arguement as to why he exists. or admit to an illogical unproven god.

Or

If evidence turns up, Admit to there being a god and carry out your life appropriately.
Cheers
1. I am agnostic. (no toothfairy-, no theist-, no atheist- prefixes. Thank you very much.)
2. Nice topic. :)
3. There is no proof of any god or God beyond our own perceived existence of the universe. Period.
4. Our perceived existence of the universe does not undeniably prove the existence of any god or God.
5. Facts #3 and 4 are generally too much for most people to bother thinking about. Thus they created organized religions.
6. If evidence does turn up, then I will be the first to admit the existence of god(s) or God. However.....
7. We are all finite humans with around 3 pounds of grey and white matter to contain all of our thoughts/dreams/ideologies/etc....
8. ....as such; any reasonably "divine" being can come on down and brainwash me into believing not only their existence, but also there loving nature and absolute omnipotence. And I would become just another lemming. :(
9. To fully prove the existence of God (upper case), then in Its omnipotence It would have to cause me to be fully omniscient, and demonstrate Its own infinite totality, power, and knowledge throughout all times past and yet to come. (i.e. I would have to become one with God). However, if I was then returned to a finite human form, then the best I could hope for would be an infintesimal shadow of that totality, and I would again be just another lemming as seen in point #8 above.
Thus.....
Actually, they both take faith. The atheist trusts on the blind that the evidence he doesn't see, isn't there. While the theist trusts that the evidence he does see means what he thinks it means.
aYup! :)

.....snip.....
In my opinion God is created around questions we cannot or couldn't answer. If God is the answer, surelly the questions are evidence.
I question God's existence, therefore God exists? :sarcastic

Do you base your argument against creation on the fact that you believe that scientific evidence points to mankind having evolved from monkeys, or rather from the ancient ancestor of all the diverse forms of primates which include monkeys?
Did the space shuttle and its ground controll system and all the infrastructure needed for their formation and continued growth, evolve, or was it all created?
....snip....
Were all these and the billions of creations that led up to the current space shuttle, the result of creation by design, or were each and everyone of those creations, but expressions of the heights to which the mind of the creator had evolved at the time of each creation?
Are you suggesting that God grew (evolved/got smarter) as It was creating the universe? :confused: First creating the plankton. Wiping them out but utilizing some of the DNA knowledge that It garnered from this first go, in order to make trilobites. Rinse and repeat....until God had a working model of early ape/monkey ancestors. Slapping Its "head" and saying "D'Oh!", then wiping them out, and forming Neanderthal? etc...etc...?
Wouldn't that arguement automatically deny divine omnipotence and omniscience? So much for ID.
....snip....
Did you evolve from the singularity which burst forth from the Black Hole and which must one day be condensed back into Great abyss, as the infinitely dense and infinitely hot, infinitesimally small primordial atom, from which this universal body will be resurrected to continue on in its eternal process of evolution? And the fool says, "There is no God."
....and the other fool says "I know for a fact that there is a God." :yes:

Few of us ever learn anything in these debates by being convinced by someone else. The only real way to learn, here, is through self-analysis. The real value of a counterpoint is in using it as a sort of pry bar to pry open our own biases, heart-felt and reasonable as they seem to us, and then to look for the flaws that we are otherwise not seeing in them. It's exactly when someone says something that seems ridiculous and outrageous to me that I know I need to take an extra moment to see why this would effect me so. And many a time, I find a big fat bias of my own lurking there, waiting to be lanced and deflated like a boil.

But in the end, only I can do that. Only I can lift up the hard rock of my own self-righteousness to see the little lies and delusions lurking beneath. And it seems it's always my own ego that has generated them, and is protecting them, and is trying always to defend them to the end.

I appreciate a good debate for this reason, and I thank you for engaging me. I'm not sure where to go with it from here, though.
:clap *Quoted For Truth* :clap