• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 Civilians, Including 6-Year-Old, Killed In Russian Attack On Village

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I ignore whataboutist arguments, they're the argument of one who has no other arguments.
Pardon me...I was raised Christian.
The Gospel is filled with whataboutism.
Almost every parable.

Do you know why? Because God won't tolerate double standards.

Little Dragon

Do you know why? Because God won't tolerate double standards.
I don't believe in Gods. I do believe that all nation states must obey international law and uphold universal human rights. Especially the USA.
However until we get a supranational authority to take the role of World Police, officially, we have to make do with what we've got. I and many Brits and Americans disowned the Iraq invasion and I myself have frequently called for Tony Blair and George Bush Jr, to be charged with war crimes.

That doesn't give Putin the right to butcher his way across eastern Europe, and annex sovereign territory, using absurdly false and illegal pretexts, as he does.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't believe in Gods. I do believe that all nation states must obey international law and uphold universal human rights. Especially the USA.
However until we get a supranational authority to take the role of World Police, officially, we have to make do with what we've got. I and many Brits and Americans disowned the Iraq invasion and I myself have frequently called for Tony Blair and George Bush Jr, to be charged with war crimes.

That doesn't give Putin the right to butcher his way across eastern Europe, and annex sovereign territory, using absurdly false and illegal pretexts, as he does.
From a legal and juridical point of view, Putin is right. 100% right.
Crimea and the other four regions made referendums that showed that those regions want to be part of the Russian Federation.
They are Russian-speaking regions. So they belong in Russia.

From the point of view of methods, he is 100% wrong. Because that doesn't justify an invasion, considering that he had always found dialogue and comprehension in Western Europe. Hence the agreement Minsk 1 and Minsk 2.

Little Dragon

From the point of view of methods, he is 100% wrong. Because that doesn't justify an invasion
Well that's something I guess. It sure does not.

It does not justify shelling civilians and raping murdering looting and torturing families, or making nuclear threats against those that would stand up for Ukraine and assist her defense.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do you know what territorial sovereignty & the rule of law, is?
Territorial sovereignty is worth less than zero if a state violates the right of a nation to self-determination.

Something European countries used to do in the 20th centuries with their own Empires. ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It depends on the situation.
In South Tyrol most people speak German.
If Austria decides to invade this small region and annex it after a referendum, I am absolutely sure that our government wouldn't fight back, before using diplomacy.
Italians won't sacrifice human lives for the sake of a small region. They're not that stupid.
Also because people speak German there.

On the contrary...it seems that Ukraine is disposed to sacrifice millions of Ukrainians, if necessary.
It's a self-destructive war.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It depends on the situation.
In South Tyrol most people speak German.
If Austria decides to invade this small region and annex it after a referendum, I am absolutely sure that our government wouldn't fight back, before using diplomacy.
Italians won't sacrifice human lives for the sake of a small region. They're not that stupid.
Also because people speak German there.

On the contrary...it seems that Ukraine is disposed to sacrifice millions of Ukrainians, if necessary.
It's a self-destructive war.
What if Austria invaded, coerced a fraudulent referendum, tortured and executed the Italian speaking civilians in that region who didn't wish to join Austria, launched missile attacks upon Rome, Venice, Naples, etc. and started stealing and shipping pizza ovens back to their home country (apparently Russian troops stole so many washing machines and toilets that it became a meme)?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What if Austria invaded, coerced a fraudulent referendum, tortured and executed the Italian speaking civilians in that region who didn't wish to join Austria, launched missile attacks upon Rome, Venice, Naples, etc. and started stealing and shipping pizza ovens back to their home country (apparently Russian troops stole so many washing machines and toilets that it became a meme)?
I was speaking hypothetically.

And by the way there have always been separatists in South Tyrol.
How did the Italian Government appease them? Money, lots of money.

Not the barbaric animalistic methods used by Kiev.