• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Days

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
Did anybody watch 30 days last night?

It was about an atheist who went to live with a non-denom Christian family for 30 days and see what would happen.

The atheist who went was a woman, mother of 4 and former Christian. It was funny to me that the people who she went to live with automatically assumed that she knew nothing about the Christian religion. The husband of the Christian family seemed very agitated/threatened/angered by the beliefs of the atheist woman. He couldn't understand how morals and ethics could exist in a family without the presence of religion.

The atheist took the Christian parents to a meeting of organized atheist who related to him some of the bias and bigotry suffered upon them by Christians. The man cited some scripture, and did a decent job, saying that "the Bible tells us to love our neighbor, not our Christian neighbor."

But then one of the atheists asked him a hypothetical question about how he would feel if the US currency said "there is no God" instead of "in God we trust" and the Christian man got visibly irritated and defensive, finally saying that if they didn't like it they (the atheists) should leave.

I was just wondering if anyone else saw the program and had any thoughts.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh phooey! I didn't get to see the show, but I'd intended on seeing it. Will it be re-aired?

Is this show produced by the same guy that did the "Supersize Me" movie? Morgan something-or-other (I can't remember his name).

Peace,
Mystic

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
MysticSang'ha said:
Oh phooey! I didn't get to see the show, but I'd intended on seeing it. Will it be re-aired?

Is this show produced by the same guy that did the "Supersize Me" movie? Morgan something-or-other (I can't remember his name).

Peace,
Mystic

I think it was on A&E or TLC, but I'm not 100%

Yes it was produced by the same guy that did the supersize me thing. Apparently he has his own program now. I'll try to find a link.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Found it, it's on FX and this episode will be aired again on 8/14 at 12:03 am and 11:30pm. I'll go set my DVR now! Thanks!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I watched this show finally. The part where the Christian man was asked how he would feel if the US currency said "there is no God" instead of "in God we trust" and he got upset and told the atheists that they should just leave the country if they didn't like it, stood out for me too. He didn't even try to understand why it might upset them. But then he turns around and says that the atheist woman should be more open-minded and teach her children about Christianity in addition to what she believes, (notice he didn't mention any other religions or belief systems in admonishing her to be more open-minded and I have to wonder if he practices what he preaches with his own children, teaching them other religions - for some reason I highly doubt it). The Christian man just annoyed me, he seemed confrontational and defensive throughout the whole show. His wife was much more willing to talk, listen and discuss issues with the atheist woman as they found common ground through motherhood.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
Maize said:
I watched this show finally. The part where the Christian man was asked how he would feel if the US currency said "there is no God" instead of "in God we trust" and he got upset and told the atheists that they should just leave the country if they didn't like it, stood out for me too. He didn't even try to understand why it might upset them. But then he turns around and says that the atheist woman should be more open-minded and teach her children about Christianity in addition to what she believes, (notice he didn't mention any other religions or belief systems in admonishing her to be more open-minded and I have to wonder if he practices what he preaches with his own children, teaching them other religions - for some reason I highly doubt it). The Christian man just annoyed me, he seemed confrontational and defensive throughout the whole show. His wife was much more willing to talk, listen and discuss issues with the atheist woman as they found common ground through motherhood.

Exactly what I was thinking.

To say the least, he didn't make for a very good ambassador of the faith.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I missed that one. I keep forgetting about the show actually. The only one I saw was the one were they lived on minimum wage, which was also shown on Opera.