• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

21 YEARS Of Marriage!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yeah, a little bit of thunder and the news folks are acting like we should all drink the proverbial poisoned Kool-aid.

Well I appreciate the sirens with the warning..its good for people who are driving and or jogging or biking to be warned to get inside plus you may have animals to bring inside.You just never know..

But I agree..the guys on the news channels are freaks.By the time they are mentioning Plano the storm has passed us.Plus they have people standing out in the rain ...pointing at things like a leaf blowing on a tree and talkign about how its raining outside for hours on end.

Yes Chip..Im standing here on the corner of Main and Coit..and as you can see..it is in fact raining..

Yes I see that Clarice it sure is raining out there..could you tell us if the wind is blowing..

Yes Chip..the wind is blowing too...if you look closely right behind me here..about 10 ft away there is a tree branch in the gutter..it appears that the wind blew the branch off of a tree.

Wow..Also Clarice we have gotten reports that the wind is gusting..have you experinced wind gust where you are ?

Yes Chip..I would say we have experienced gusts..there are leaves blowing all around.Also there has been lightning bolts. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside..I would rather be warned as I said..we were abrubtly awakened one night gosh its been about a year now..It sounded like a freight train tearing though the house..we ran in the kitchen ..you could barely see what was going on ..but in one swoop..the whole back section of our fence was flattened.Turns out it was 100mph straight line winds..100mph sustained winds.Not gust.I would not have wanted to have gotten caught outside in that.But again..AFTER it seemed to settle down a little..like the worst had passed..the news man on T.V was warning our area that the storm was about to hit our area.I said..well if its fixing to hit us..then what in the hell was that ..that just blew through here?

Also same with hail.We had a hail storm here about 3 years ago that smashed all the windows in or kitchen out.And caused 3,000 in damage to my husbands car.

Another time we were being warned.We had dinner plans.My husband said he wasnt going to let "a little rain" stop him.Well the resturant acually closed while we were there.And on the way home we got caught in some nasty hail..

Anyway..you know the weather around here.

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

I am going to Lubbock, and I'm gunna go to the Fox and Hound with by brother and drink a big glass of scotch and smoke a cigar. He's graduating tomorrow.

Weather be damned.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I am going to Lubbock, and I'm gunna go to the Fox and Hound with by brother and drink a big glass of scotch and smoke a cigar. He's graduating tomorrow.

Weather be damned.

O.K..be careful it might rain LOL!! Also some twigs may blow off some trees because I heard that the wind might be blowing as well.Not to mention the thunder. Sometimes when its thundering it is lightning as well.

No seriously I just talked to my brother he is baby sitting my sisters dogs.There is a whole tree in her pool.

Wish your brother congratualtions from this carzy lady you know form Dallas.

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

O.K..be careful it might rain LOL!! Also some twigs may blow off some trees because I heard that the wind might be blowing as well.Not to mention the thunder. Sometimes when its thundering it is lightning as well.

No seriously I just talked to my brother he is baby sitting my sisters dogs.There is a whole tree in her pool.

Wish your brother congratualtions from this carzy lady you know form Dallas.

Love

Dallas

Yeah, the wind blows a bit in North Texas and all hell breaks loose.

We have wind all the time in West Texas, so the damage is slight - our phone poles are more secure and our fences are repaired, and trees fall all the time. No big deal for sustained 70mph winds out there.

Here in paradise, it's a whole new ball game.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yeah, the wind blows a bit in North Texas and all hell breaks loose.

We have wind all the time in West Texas, so the damage is slight - our phone poles are more secure and our fences are repaired, and trees fall all the time. No big deal for sustained 70mph winds out there.

Here in paradise, it's a whole new ball game.

I dont know why I thought you were closer to Dallas.

But yeah I actually made my own little home movie ..a parity of the news reporters out in the 'field"..When they went on and on and on about the "Remnants of Rita" heading our way.On the big day..It sprinkled through sunshine.But I did find a twig on the ground in our alley.I think the wind blew it off of some tree around here.

Love

Dallas

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Today is my husband's and mine 21 year marker for marriage.

Boy what a tough ride for both of us.

I think at this point its a competition who is going to give up first..LOL!!

Actually I love him.I think he is cute ..He has his charm mixed in with his faults..His charm shines above his faults .And I dont even know how he puts up with me.

Wow ..that sounds horrible.But anyway thats the truth from my perspective.

And I remember the day we got married...I was crying and lookign for the exit sign at the church..(thats not a joke)..And he was SMILING..ear to ear..

Dont worry ,,,I made him quit smiling..He is not the cat that ate the canary.

He tried..Now we are both cats..or canaries or whatever.I think we are pathetically in love with each other.

Good times..

Love

Dallas

Congratulations! It is so refreshing to hear of a case where people have obviously made the effort to try and make a marriage work; so many people seem to split up at the first sign of a disagreement.

I know that marie and I have had our bad times - but those times are there to be shared, and worked on..............

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Congratulations!!

I'm glad you guys still like each other after that long.

My parents were married for 22 years, I think. They started off liking each other, and then sort of didn't (it seemed) but then ended up liking each other again. But then it was over. My mom says she's still married and doesn't want to check Ms. on forms, because she still thinks she should be Mrs. She doesn't like "Until death do us part." oops. sorry. :D

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Thank you honey bunny!!

Yes..like... not like..like ...not like..Its a wee bit of a roller coaster ride.Hopefully you end up on the liking side in the end.

And your mother is still married to your father in her heart.As long is she is content that way that is where she belongs.

My Grandmother is the same.My Grandfather died when she was in her 50's..(I know sounds old to you but really its not)..and she is 95 and is still married to Charles my deceased Grandfather.She never even went on a date and she got offers..

She says she loves Charles and no one else .

Love

Dallas

challupa

Happy anniversary Lana.
bumpy road eh? ;) I think the challenge is to keep driving.
Congrats Dallas. Yeah marriage is a little like 4 wheeling in mud. You got to keep the pedal to the floor and keep on driving!!!!!!!!1:D: hamster ::foryou:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Congratulations! It is so refreshing to hear of a case where people have obviously made the effort to try and make a marriage work; so many people seem to split up at the first sign of a disagreement.

I know that marie and I have had our bad times - but those times are there to be shared, and worked on..............

This may sound sick but sometimes having been through the bad times make the good times all the more better.

But then again how would I know because I never had any good times without bad.LOL!!

Some people do split up..But I dont know.If they are happier that way ..or "less miserbale" then its probably for the best.

I just dont think I would be happier away from Andy.I mean..I would be "more miserable".LOL!!!

Thanks for the well wishes.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Congrats Dallas. Yeah marriage is a little like 4 wheeling in mud. You got to keep the pedal to the floor and keep on driving!!!!!!!!1:D: hamster ::foryou:

4 wheeling in the mud..PERFECT analogy.

I finally got my husband jaded up enough to give advice to youngsters..His advice is "there is no happily ever after"..LOL!!!

Poor thing..he used to have such delusions of granduer..

Love

Dallas

challupa

4 wheeling in the mud..PERFECT analogy.

I finally got my husband jaded up enough to give advice to youngsters..His advice is "there is no happily ever after"..LOL!!!

Poor thing..he used to have such delusions of granduer..

Love

Dallas
Your job here is done!!! LOL Seriously though, you have come a long ways together. Congrats!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

Beautiful song..Love that fiddle too.And Im not in to real country.Just some of the old stuff.Like Patsy Cline and Johhny Cash ..But that was relaxing .

Hey and whats wrong with Dallas? I mean it isn't perfect.but its better than icky poo yuck IMHO.

As far as Forth Worth? Other than passing through I have been there one time.To visit the zoo.I have nothing against it .

Love

Dallas

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Today is my husband's and mine 21 year marker for marriage.

Boy what a tough ride for both of us.

I think at this point its a competition who is going to give up first..LOL!!

Actually I love him.I think he is cute ..He has his charm mixed in with his faults..His charm shines above his faults .And I dont even know how he puts up with me.

Wow ..that sounds horrible.But anyway thats the truth from my perspective.

And I remember the day we got married...I was crying and lookign for the exit sign at the church..(thats not a joke)..And he was SMILING..ear to ear..

Dont worry ,,,I made him quit smiling..He is not the cat that ate the canary.

He tried..Now we are both cats..or canaries or whatever.I think we are pathetically in love with each other.

Good times..

Love

Dallas

How sweet! And congratulations and warm wishes to you and hubby.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Congrats, Lana! Good going!

Thank you hun!! He make it EASY for me.(NOT)

Sometimes I want to lie and say we have been married 10 years so I wont seem so old.Cuz if you have been married 21 years you have to at LEAST be 30 ..Ya know?

Oh well ..thanks sister.

Love

Dallas

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Thank you hun!! He make it EASY for me.(NOT)

Sometimes I want to lie and say we have been married 10 years so I wont seem so old.Cuz if you have been married 21 years you have to at LEAST be 30 ..Ya know?

Oh well ..thanks sister.

Love

Dallas
Honey, you're not old. Would you believe I'm going to be celebrating my 39th anniversary in six more days. If I told anybody I'd just been married 20 years, they'd just laugh and wink.

challupa

Honey, you're not old. Would you believe I'm going to be celebrating my 39th anniversary in six more days. If I told anybody I'd just been married 20 years, they'd just laugh and wink.
Wow Katzpur, that's great! My parents made 66 before my dad died. They were less than a month away from 67!!!