• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13 teens publicly executed for watching a soccer match (violating sharia law)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
That's easy.

Christians and Jews no longer make laws that put people in prison for decades for blasphemy or speaking against their Religion, or stone adulterers, or execute homosexuals.

The law that Christ gave was to love others and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

The law of Muhammad is Sharia. Jesus was non violent and preached love your enemies. Muhammad was a violent person who shed a lot of blood and forced his religion on others. You can't sugar coat it or twist it to mean something else. It's a clear fact.

If there are any Christian Governments out there that are stoning adulterers publicly and legally then they are just as bad as the Muslims. Actually they are worse.

Jesus brought a symbolic sword
Ephesians 6
Put on the full armour of God so as to be able to resist the devil's tactics.
evil in the heavens.
will not be able to put up any resistance on theevil day, or stand your ground even though you exert yourselves to the full.
truth a belt round your waist, and uprightness a breastplate,
faith so that you can use it to quench the burning arrows of the EvilOne.
salvation as your helmet and the sword of the Spirit, that is, the word of God.
So how do you feel about putting most of Sub-Saharan Africa on your naughty list? And yes, Mohammed killed many people. In war. Some of which he started, others he didn't.

He was no better or worse than anyone else from the area and time he's from.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So how do you feel about putting most of Sub-Saharan Africa on your naughty list? And yes, Mohammed killed many people. In war. Some of which he started, others he didn't.

He was no better or worse than anyone else from the area and time he's from.
ummm....claiming himself to be God's chosen one to bring the true Religion and the true word of God to the world makes him a bit worse than the average IMHO

Tell me what are the atrocities in Sub-Saharan Africa. I can imagine they are just as bad but please do share.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
ummm....claiming himself to be God's chosen one to bring the true Religion and the true word of God to the world makes him a bit worse than the average IMHO
Does it now? Either he was was, and that means it's justified or he was insane and not responsible for his actions. Pick one, but don't pretend like he's special.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Does it now? Either he was was, and that means it's justified or he was insane and not responsible for his actions. Pick one, but don't pretend like he's special.
Well, his father died before he was born and his mother died when he was six. He was an orphan and....so...maybe. Sometimes there can be deep psychological wounds that could lead to schizophrenia with such trauma at a young age.

But somebody could claim to be God's messenger and not be insane. They would be insane if they really believed that about themselves. IF he really was having visions and such that made him feel justified then he may not be accountable.

True!

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Well, his father died before he was born and his mother died when he was six. He was an orphan and....so...maybe. Sometimes there can be deep psychological wounds that could lead to schizophrenia with such trauma at a young age.

But somebody could claim to be God's messenger and not be insane. They would be insane if they really believed that about themselves. IF he really was having visions and such that made him feel justified then he may not be accountable.

True!
Given he was illiterate I'd say that he really did believe what he said.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Someone please enlighten me on what part of Sharia law forbids watching soccer. Before you say "it doesn't, they are twisting the scriptures to suit their own agenda", at least tell me what specific scripture it is that they are twisting.
Sharia law determines the rules of soccer. You must play muslim soccer not soccer like Jews and Christians play:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/16/opinion/16porter.html

"Controversial Salafist sheikh Abdel Moneim El-Shahat denied that the victims of the Port Said tragedy were martyrs because they died while watching football which he said is forbidden by Islamic Sharia law." Salafist: Victims of Soccer Riots in Egypt are not Martyrs because.... - Walid Shoebat
Speaking of "stupidest," by what rational thought process did the acts of ISIS Jihadis get elevated to normative sharia law?

I didn't say it did. Yet Sharia law still calls for death and for hands to be chopped off for offenses that are petty.

EDIT***
ISIS justifies what they do by quoting the Koran and hadiths:
You are being redirected...
“The magazine includes numerous quotes from the Qur’an and Islamic hadiths, providing context from the life of Mohammed to justify the group’s brutal actions….For instance, one article defends a decision to execute Sunni tribesmen in eastern Syria this year – a photograph of the mass shooting is featured – on the basis that they had agreed to submit to the caliphate but then ‘betrayed their covenant by rebelling.’ It then cites a hadith which recounted how Mohammed, when faced with treachery, ordered that the perpetrators have their hands and feet cut off, their eyes gouged out with hot irons, and be left to die. ‘This hadith shows the severity of the prophetic punishment against the treacherous, false claimants of Islam,’ the article says, saying that the Syrian tribesmen had been guilty of a similar ‘wicked deed.'” You are being redirected...
"Narrated Abu Qilaba: Anas said, “Some people of ‘Ukl or ‘Uraina tribe came to Medina and its climate did not suit them. So the Prophet ordered them to go to the herd of (Milch) camels and to drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they went as directed and after they became healthy, they killed the shepherd of the Prophet and drove away all the camels. The news reached the Prophet early in the morning and he sent (men) in their pursuit and they were captured and brought at noon. He then ordered to cut their hands and feet (and it was done), and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron, They were put in ‘Al-Harra’ and when they asked for water, no water was given to them.” Abu Qilaba said, “Those people committed theft and murder, became infidels after embracing Islam and fought against Allah and His Apostle.” (Bukhari 1.4.234)"

The amputation punishment is mandated in the Qur’an: “Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment” (5:33).

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Speaking of "stupidest," by what rational thought process did the acts of ISIS Jihadis get elevated to normative sharia law?
@SaintMatthew : you clearly demonstrate a sick islamophobic fixation long overdue for the ignore list.
Anytime a Religion forces laws upon people that call for such things (including Christianity) I hate with a passion.

And I feel sorrow for all the lives that are ruined by these sick, fowl, and disgusting Religious Governments.

But thank you for I will not miss conversing with you :)

Skwim

Veteran Member
So, is there a specific Sharia law these soccer fans violated? If so, how does it read?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In their defense....soccer does suck! But not that much. I mean....if it was golf I could understand!
images

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I wonder if Golf or cricket is aloud?

Oh dude....water polo or hockey would be like sooooo asking for the death penalty! omg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
They dislike it because of the outfits and the fact it is deemed a secular and sportive activity
You know what's silly is sharia law is like sooo anti everything liberals in this country are for, yet it is usually the liberals that defend Islam and say Islam isn't a violent Religion.

Don't these people realize that Islam and Sharia go together like scrambled eggs? :eek:

I wonder if these people even know what sharia is or who founded it. Would they then see the correlation between the Religion and executing for nothing? I would think so.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
the majority of muslims are peaceful, tho. so...it's the extremists that should be the target, not the religion. yes?

I am referring to Islam not Muslims. Considering that the person I respect the most on this forum is a Muslim and my first crush was with a Muslim it is very doubtful I will ever mock Muslims :D

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You know what's silly is sharia law is like sooo anti everything liberals in this country are for, yet it is usually the liberals that defend Islam and say Islam isn't a violent Religion.

Don't these people realize that Islam and Sharia go together like scrambled eggs? :eek:

I wonder if these people even know what sharia is or who founded it. Would they then see the correlation between the Religion and executing for nothing? I would think so.

Isami Qanun is what is is preferably called sometimes :). Shari'ya is essentially a Muslim being a Muslim. If you banned Shari'ya you would henceforth ban Muslims wearing hijabs and them praying. If a Muslim eats halal meat they are by default practicing Shari'ya.
Shari'ya is self governing as well as externally governing. It is not that Shari'ya is bad but that many aspects about it should not be enforced by a qadi.
Nothing is wrong with Shari'ya law because Hindus have their own version of this as well. The difference is a matter of enforcement. Shari'ya is just a practice not an actual legal system unless you count Allah as real.

If a Muslims practices Islami-qanun then he or she is being a Muslim as they always are.