• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12-year old Muslim girl in Mumbai wins ISKCON Gita contest

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No I will not put you on my ignore list. I will however really think about if I want to come to these forms anymore or not.
Angry, Maya? Have a glass of cool sherbet. Rose, Sweet Lime, Cumin seeds, Green Mangoes.

b5be47d31d0b2feb7664cbadc8652e1d.jpg
images
0000675_jaljeera-wder_300.jpeg
aam-mango-panna.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I find her to be talented, and wish her success. A decent example of her singing here.
That is more for commercial reasons, but then we grew up hearing bhajans written by Muslim song writers (Shakeel Badayuni), composed by Muslim music directors (Naushad Ali) and sung by Muslim singers (Mohammad Rafi). Classics of Indian music. My homage to these and other greats.

Shakeel_Badayuni.jpg
guft-naushad.jpg
mohammed-rafi.jpg

Mana tarapat Hari Darshan ko aaj (My heart longs to have a darshan of Hari today)
The story is that a singer Baiju wanted to learn music from Sri La Haridas Swami, but Swami was on his death bed. The magical singing of Baiju brought him back to life and Baiju was able to learn music from him (that is why the line 'bin guru gyān kahān se pāūn' - if there is no guru, how will I get (music) knowledge).

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

I like this from the article:

"Our family believes that one needs to respect and accept all religions. No religion preaches hatred or wrong. However, there are some members who have misguided us. Before these have a bad influence on the children, we need to talk to them and make them understand what is right," said her father, Asif Siddiqui.

another beautifull quote from the young girl in the article , ....

''The more I read about different religions, the more I have realized that humanity is the most important religion that we must follow," she said.''

congratulations to her not just for winning but for her beautifull attitude to life , ....