• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12 year old girl banned from school football for 'inciting lust'

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
https://socialreader.com/me/content...dgets&utm_campaign=wpsrTrendingExternal-1-opt

Paige has been asked by the heads of Strong Rock Christian, a K-12 private school in Locust Grove, Ga., to leave her football team as a preemptive measure against inciting lecherous and debauched temptations in other 12-year-olds.
"Our official policy is that middle school girls play girl sports and middle school boys play boy sports," Roberts wrote in an email to the news station.

Paige’s mother, Cassy Blythe, told the station that Roberts’ explanation rings hollow compared to other reasons she was given in private conversation with school administrators.

"In the meeting with the CEO of the school, I was told that the reasons behind it were... that the boys were going to start lusting after her, and have impure thoughts about her," she said. "And that locker room talk was not appropriate for a female to hear, even though she had a separate locker room from the boys."

:facepalm: and people say we no longer need feminism:rolleyes:

You'd never hear of any school removing a boy from a sports team for "inciting lust" in girls. Cause you know apparently lust is something only men can feel:sarcastic:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Banning the girl from playing because of the feelings of some of her teammates seems to me a very good way of teaching those boys that other people -- and not they themselves -- are responsible for their feelings. And teaching them that, I believe, risks infantilizing the boys, rendering them adults who do not take responsibility for themselves, but rather expect others to take responsibility for them. Besides which, it hardly needs remarking that it is unfair to the girl.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
:facepalm:

Banning the girl from playing because of the feelings of some of her teammates seems to me a very good way of teaching those boys that other people -- and not they themselves -- are responsible for their feelings. And teaching them that, I believe, risks infantilizing the boys, rendering them adults who do not take responsibility for themselves, but rather expect others to take responsibility for them. Besides which, it hardly needs remarking that it is unfair to the girl.

Agreed.

People have enough of not being responsible for their own feelings already. The less it filtets to upcoming generations the better.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I find it interesting that the mission of the school is not education, but glorifying god and getting the kids to "impact the world for Jesus."

"The mission of Strong Rock Christian School is to glorify God and partner with families in educating and inspiring their children to impact the world for Jesus Christ – The Strong Rock. With that mission in mind we are committed to partnering with the home, church, and school to raise up a child to be a follower and disciple of Jesus Christ.

Patrick W. Stuart
Chief Executive Officer"
source

Me Myself

Back to my username
I find it interesting that the mission of the school is not education, but glorifying god and getting the kids to "impact the world for Jesus."

"The mission of Strong Rock Christian School is to glorify God and partner with families in educating and inspiring their children to impact the world for Jesus Christ – The Strong Rock. With that mission in mind we are committed to partnering with the home, church, and school to raise up a child to be a follower and disciple of Jesus Christ.

Patrick W. Stuart
Chief Executive Officer"
source

I find it idiotic that they think Jesus would blame the girl for the boy's "bad" thoughts.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Well... it has the word educating in there.... that should be good enough...

'strong rock' hahahahahaha wow.... sounds pretty ejakated - sorry that was probably uncalled for.

Inciting lust... one has to wonder if they were talking about the team mates or the coaches. Whoever it was that came up with that has a pretty messed up mind.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, interesting thread.
Can I get your opinions on a couple of things related to this?

In Australia, we play AFL (as well as some other far-lesser football codes...ahem...)
Girls can play in mixed gender comps until the age of 14, although it's officially recommended that they play in girls comps if they are available after the age of 12. Kinda fits with the topic at hand.

No pads in our football, nor helmets. I suspect most of the official reasoning given will be around safety, and the increasing differences in physical strength, etc. It can be a tough sport. But of course, even the slightest and weakest male can play.

I would imagine potential problems with...inappropriate tackling, perhaps?...is more to the heart of the matter. When I played seniors, I was squirrel-gripped, for example. Does that then move from a reportable offence to a potential sexual assault case if you have mixed gender contact sports post-puberty?

Dunno. Interested in your thoughts.

InformedIgnorance

Wouldn't it have been a potential sexual assault case (likely dismissed) anyway? Why would the gender alter that?

I think it is more likely to be a case that either some coach or 'team mate' might go out of their way to engage in more contact than necessary or even perhaps at some stage corner her in a way inappropriate. In any case - it would be their fault not hers and while I agree that having her leave the team might be necessary, I would make sure I made the reasons clear that it had nothing to do with her promiscuity (which their words might imply) but rather that they hold the entire team of boys and their staff to be untrustworthy and incapable of self-restraint, that she therefore needs to leave the team because they were afraid for her safety (and their liability).

Me Myself

Back to my username
Oh interesting, I was thinking on actual futbol not the US version xD

Wow, so she was like playing tackles and all with the rest of the boys? How on Earth? I mean in real futbol she at least shows some leg, what on Earth would they find more sensual on a girl with your version of the outfit?

Though I could half understand them getting her out due to the moves of e sport if it is an all male team with that girl tackling her to the ground and then everyone on top of her and stuff... Idk, I do think it becomes more gray.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Wouldn't it have been a potential sexual assault case (likely dismissed) anyway? Why would the gender alter that?

I think it is more likely to be a case that either some coach or 'team mate' might go out of their way to engage in more contact than necessary or even perhaps at some stage corner her in a way inappropriate. In any case - it would be their fault not hers and while I agree that having her leave the team might be necessary, I would make sure I made the reasons clear that it had nothing to do with her promiscuity (which their words might imply) but rather that they hold the entire team of boys and their staff to be untrustworthy and incapable of self-restraint, that she therefore needs to leave the team because they were afraid for her safety (and their liability).

The main issue there IMHO is the liability.

Blarg, though I would hate either male or female of my kids to engage in such a sport given the amount of head trauma possible o.o . That would be MY main concern.

The thing with different sexes there is that boys may touch the girl inappropiately, and what happens if they are all doing it and the coach was unable to see? Kids that age are exploring boundaries, I think its a dangerous stuff to have a mixed team like that.

In real football though, where you dont have to even touch the other players, there there would be no probs of such possible scenarios.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Wouldnt it beecause of the amount of physical contact in the sport? Isnt there a part when one gets thrown to the ground and a lot of others throw themselves at you and are on top of you? It sounds hard to regulate who was touching whose butt on purpose in such a scenario.

I dont have something about (specifically) girls playing that sport though. It is the context which I am not sure how much of a gray area it is.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Yeah, that's an interesting viewpoint. I don't have a good answer, except to say that as far as I am aware, there has never been a sexual assault case even raised due to an onfield incident. So, rather than legal reasons, I'd go with cultural/peer pressure? Certainly for me my only responsive thoughts were;
(1) Get the guys hands off my nuts and
(2) If I could figure out who did it to make sure I lined them up at some point during the game (or better still, get the centre half forward to do it...big boy...lol)

I think the second paragraph you wrote makes plenty of sense, but I am not sure that it's the reason girls are not allowed to play over the age of 14.

Oh, and Me Myself? Please stop trying to pass 'soccer' off as 'real football'. You're embarrassing yourself.

:slap:

;)

Me Myself

Back to my username
Oh, and Me Myself? Please stop trying to pass 'soccer' off as 'real football'. You're embarrassing yourself.

:slap:

;)

I am not saying it is a better sport or something, I dont care about real futbol or its US version, but you know, we ACTUALLY connect foot to ball through most of the game :p

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What a crazy decision.

I've done grappling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu where there is plenty of positioning that under different conditions would very easily be some kinky sexual positions. But when you're trying to get who you're sparring/battling to tap out, the last thing on your mind is sex.

Basically, one idle thought that deviates from what you're trying to do to submit who you're sparring with, and you're toast.

Some people are weird and hilarious. I hope the school gets sued.

InformedIgnorance

What a crazy decision.

I've done grappling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu where there is plenty of positioning that under different conditions would very easily be some kinky sexual positions. But when you're trying to get who you're sparring/battling to tap out, the last thing on your mind is sex.

Basically, one idle thought that deviates from what you're trying to do to submit who you're sparring with, and you're toast.

Some people are weird and hilarious. I hope the school gets sued.
Speaking as someone who has been on the other side of that hold - it wasn't the last thing on mine all the time, but that would usually result in me getting thrown on my ***.

Edit: A private school can be sued in the same way as any private organisation. Different from a public organisation, but certainly possible.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Speaking as someone who has been on the other side of that hold - it wasn't the last thing on mine all the time, but that would usually result in me getting thrown on my ***.

My favorite submission move is the Triangle. :yes:

triangle.jpg