• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Even though I don't get paid to do it I spend a considerable amount of time creating playlists on Spotify. The longest playlists I create are either my personal "all"-type playlists with everything I like, or really like, or the #1 playlists.

Wikipedia keeps documentation of which singles becomes chart toppers and they actually do a really good job at doing so. Virtually each song has its own Wikipedia article too, from both charts. Wikipedia even documents the chart toppers from the new defunct Cash Box and Record World charts as well. I am considering creating playlists on those too, but they were both based in the United States and have a very similar chart history to Billboard.

Awhile ago I found a comprehensive Billboard playlist that included everything 1958 to today. There were number ones dating back to before then, back to 1940, but it wasn't on the Billboard Hot 100 playlist so what I did is I composed a playlist of all those #1 singles and then copy and pasted the Billboard playlist to my own. I now keep that playlist updated every month or so with chart-toppers.

I recently had the thought that I should do the same with the British charts, because we speak the same language anyways and it might be interesting to do so. Between last night and today I spent five hours compiling this playlist. And I developed the entire thing from scratch. It's very, very long. Currently the British #1s go from 1952-now and includes exactly 1,400 singles. There were about 200 songs that weren't on Spotify, and some admissions were double a-sides or EPs and I was inclusive, so while there are under 1,400 songs on this playlist it is still a lengthy playlist and has even more songs than what's currently on the Billboard playlist.

I wish to share both playlists with the community here at Religious Forums. Both of these playlists are over 1,300 songs long and over 80 hours in length. I highly recommend shuffling them to get a nice variety of pop music through each decade.

#1 Billboard Hot 100: #1 Billboard Hot 100
#1 UK Singles Chart: #1 UK Singles Chart

Enjoy the popular music my RF friends. :)

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I updated the #1 Billboard chart to include Your Hit Parade, singles that hit number one between 1935-1940. And I added a chart for Canadian chart toppers as well. The original Billboard playlist I linked has the Your Hit Parade singles already on it, and below is the link to the #1 Canadian singles.

#1 Canadian Singles