• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1,990 years to study humankind

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
OK, so when Jesus Christ ascended up to Heaven he was an itinerate Jewish lay-preacher and a skilled tradesman. He understood Jewish scripture and how to put together furniture. He excelled at each of these.

He has been up in Heaven for approximately 1,990 years

Presumably studying us!

I think when he comes down he will surprise us with his knowledge and wisdom

He won't just be a Jewish lay-preacher who can make and repair furniture

He has had 1,990 years to study humankind!

Look at the command he had of Jewish scripture when he was in his early 30s. I'm sure he could easily master many modern-day academic disciplines as he did with Jewish scripture. He's had 1,990 years!

He will be more qualified to rule humankind than any ordinary human could ever possibly be

I say that when he returns he will no longer be a Jewish lay-preacher and I think he will be out of practice with his carpentry:

I recon he will be a superb philosopher, linguist, social scientist, political scientist, historian, theologian and anthropologist.

I think he will be a very modern person, not a first-century itinerate preacher-man.

I imagine him wearing modest modern clothing and not having a beard, indeed I imagine him with glasses!

https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/a-free-book-past-present-future.240249/
Check out my free book! - it's about aliens and God!
Go to this thread!

danieldemol

Premium Member
OK, so when Jesus Christ ascended up to Heaven he was an itinerate Jewish lay-preacher and a skilled tradesman. He understood Jewish scripture and how to put together furniture. He excelled at each of these.

Presumably studying us!

Look at the command he had of Jewish scripture when he was in his early 30s. I'm sure he could easily master many modern-day academic disciplines as he did with Jewish scripture. He's had 1,990 years!

He will be more qualified to rule humankind than any ordinary human could ever possibly be

I say that when he returns he will no longer be a Jewish lay-preacher and I think he will be out of practice with his carpentry:

I recon he will be a superb philosopher, linguist, social scientist, political scientist, historian, theologian and anthropologist.

I think he will be a very modern person, not a first-century itinerate preacher-man.

I imagine him wearing modest modern clothing and not having a beard, indeed I imagine him with glasses!

Go to this thread!
If He is anywhere near as forgetful as many a human past the 70 year mark 2000 years is not long enough to learn very much.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Presumably studying us!

Go to this thread!
I'm not that knowledgeable about the bible but iirc Jesus was a carpenter, not a joiner. I.e. he constructed wooden frame buildings and roofs, not furniture. If someone knows more, please correct me.

Heyo

Veteran Member
If He is anywhere near as forgetful as many a human past the 70 year mark 2000 years is not long enough to learn very much.
Good observation. He already forgot that he wanted to return "soon" (within the life time of some of his followers).