• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Ye are the light of the world ...

Jim

Nets of Wonder
In the gospel stories, when Jesus says “Ye are the light of the world,” He is talking to multitudes of Jews from places near and far, where His fame has spread after He started teaching some good news about the kingdom of heaven. I’m thinking that they’ve all heard many times before about Israel being the light of the world and about the coming of the kingdom of heaven. Now Jesus is telling them yes, you’re the light of the world but you’re hiding under a bushel. If you want to enter the kingdom, you need to come out from under that bushel. It isn’t enough to follow the letter of the law. You need to put your heart into it and do it in a spirit of love and service, for all the world to see.

Matthew 5:14-16

Maximus

the Confessor
In the gospel stories, when Jesus says “Ye are the light of the world,” He is talking to multitudes of Jews from places near and far, where His fame has spread after He started teaching some good news about the kingdom of heaven. I’m thinking that they’ve all heard many times before about Israel being the light of the world and about the coming of the kingdom of heaven. Now Jesus is telling them yes, you’re the light of the world but you’re hiding under a bushel. If you want to enter the kingdom, you need to come out from under that bushel. It isn’t enough to follow the letter of the law. You need to put your heart into it and do it in a spirit of love and service, for all the world to see.

Yes, heard it before. Jesus was a Jew speaking to other Jews. They knew scripture well. See for example Isaiah 49:6

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money

Anyone who publishes virtue and good deeds is a light
When the Children of Israel claimed that Hagar הָגָר is a slave, God took revenge on them for being slaves in Egypt? !!.

so i should be careful to not see myself above people, and despise them

We must be careful that we are human. There is no one better than anyone except piety, as the Qur’an says, which avoids us talking about racism and human superiority for race, people or tribe.

God Almighty said in the Quran
49:11 O you who believe! No people shall ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you slander one another, nor shall you insult one another with names. Evil is the return to wickedness after having attained faith. Whoever does not repent — these are the wrongdoers.

The difference between the Qur'an, the Gospel, Jesus and Muhammad
The Prophet Jesus was the Prophet of the Children of Israel
Muhammad, peace be upon him, to the whole world

Therefore, if you notice the difference in the dialogue between the two holy books That I have attached
Muslims believe in the original Gospel, but unfortunately some of its texts have been corrupted

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Anyone who publishes virtue and good deeds is a light
When the Children of Israel claimed that Hagar הָגָר is a slave, God took revenge on them for being slaves in Egypt? !!.

so i should be careful to not see myself above people, and despise them

We must be careful that we are human. There is no one better than anyone except piety, as the Qur’an says, which avoids us talking about racism and human superiority for race, people or tribe.

God Almighty said in the Quran
49:11 O you who believe! No people shall ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you slander one another, nor shall you insult one another with names. Evil is the return to wickedness after having attained faith. Whoever does not repent — these are the wrongdoers.

The difference between the Qur'an, the Gospel, Jesus and Muhammad
The Prophet Jesus was the Prophet of the Children of Israel
Muhammad, peace be upon him, to the whole world

Therefore, if you notice the difference in the dialogue between the two holy books That I have attached
Muslims believe in the original Gospel, but unfortunately some of its texts have been corrupted
Those messengers - some of them We caused to exceed others. Among them were those to whom Allah spoke, and He raised some of them in degree. And We gave Jesus, the Son of Mary, clear proofs, and We supported him with the Pure Spirit. If Allah had willed, those [generations] succeeding them would not have fought each other after the clear proofs had come to them. But they differed, and some of them believed and some of them disbelieved. And if Allah had willed, they would not have fought each other, but Allah does what He intends.
Sometimes the Quran calls Jesus “the Spirit.”

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Sometimes the Quran calls Jesus “the Spirit.”

As for the meaning that Jesus is the Spirit of God, it is that he, peace and blessings be upon him, was created with the blow of the angel that God sent to Mary, and this angel is Gabriel, and that God called Gabriel the Holy Spirit as stated in the Almighty saying: (16:102 Say, "The Holy Spirit has brought it down from your Lord, truthfully, in order to stabilize those who believe, and as guidance and good news for those who submit)." Gabriel bring the Qur’an on Muhammad, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, is called the Holy Spirit, meaning the Holy Spirit, because God took his sanctuary and sanctified him, and he is a spirit because he descended in the Spirit, as God called the Qur’an a spirit, so he said: {Likewise we sent down a spirit to you from our command) .
As for the ratio of the Holy Spirit to God, it is an honorable ratio, as God Almighty said to Mary: {So we sent to her our spirit, and she represents for her human beings together. She said: I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you if you are pious. He said, “I am the Messenger of your Lord, to give you a good boy.”
And the ratio to God, if it is a meaning that does not rise by himself, or by any other creatures, it must be an attribute of God Almighty as we say God’s hearing, God’s vision, and God’s mercy, even if the addition to God is an eye in its own right as we say the house of God, the camel of God, and the Messenger of God These are creatures added to God, and added here to God in addition to honor and glorification.
Likewise, it is important to describe Jesus as the Spirit of God, and it is known that Jesus is a human being. The name of God’s spirit is called honorific, and Gabriel was also called God’s Spirit in honor of him, and in reverence.
By this we understand the meaning of the words of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him: [and that Jesus and His Messenger and His Messenger delivered it to Mary, and the spirit of it].
In the other hadith: “Bring Jesus and His Messenger, the Messenger of God, and His Word, and His Spirit.”

Jesus is a human being like Adam
He has no father