• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘The Son of God is Jesus; The Father of God is …’. Can someone fill in the missing word?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I Am intrigued as to the answer to this question that has been puzzling Trinitarians since forever:

• The Son of God is said to be Jesus
  • The Spirit of God is said to be the Holy Spirit
But no one every completes the tri-person one-God with:
  • The Father of God is said to be!
So, just who is the Father of God?

I don’t mean that God has a Father… I’m asking Trinitarians to show how or why they are happy to claim that all three persons are OF GOD and happily make statements that include ‘Son OF GOD’ and ‘Holy Spirit OF GOD’ but never ever make a statement that includes ‘Father OF GOD’?

And since Jesus refers to his [spiritual] Father as ‘God’ then does it not make sense then that this is why there is no ‘Father of God’ (because the Father IS GOD).

In addition, the Spirit of the Father is also the Spirit of God… because the Father IS GOD, therefore it is right that since the Father is holy, his Spirit is also holy and this ‘Holy Spirit’.

Hence we get the following:
  • Holy Spirit of ———>GOD
  • Son of ————> GOD
  • Father (of ———>) is GOD
Comments please relating to the answer to this deeply puzzling question.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
This is not really how the Trinity is described.

It is described in terms of "God the Son" and "God the Father".

Muffled

Jesus in me
I Am intrigued as to the answer to this question that has been puzzling Trinitarians since forever:

I don’t mean that God has a Father… I’m asking Trinitarians to show how or why they are happy to claim that all three persons are OF GOD and happily make statements that include ‘Son OF GOD’ and ‘Holy Spirit OF GOD’ but never ever make a statement that includes ‘Father OF GOD’?

And since Jesus refers to his [spiritual] Father as ‘God’ then does it not make sense then that this is why there is no ‘Father of God’ (because the Father IS GOD).

In addition, the Spirit of the Father is also the Spirit of God… because the Father IS GOD, therefore it is right that since the Father is holy, his Spirit is also holy and this ‘Holy Spirit’.

• Holy Spirit of ———>GOD
  • Son of ————> GOD

I believe all three members of the Trinity have the Spirit of God. Holy Spirit is used but Paraclete is a better term.

I believe this can be a confusing term. Although it is technically true just as God is the father of all creation, It is not the case that the Father took on a body and had sex with Mary. Perhaps it would be that we are a son of God and Jesus is The Son of God. He is a unique creation because it includes a female egg and a birth.
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

I believe God has no father, because He is neither created nor born.

lostwanderingsoul

The confusion is because there is no person or being named "God". There is a father and a son and together they are God. Just like there may be a human man named John and he has a son named Billy and together they form a family named Jones. There is no father OF Jones but there is a father IN the family named Jones. Think of God as a family. Father and son. Two pwoplw, one family.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

• Holy Spirit of ———>GOD
  • Son of ————> GOD
You've done well enough. The 'mystery' of the 'Trinity' idea is that Christ was both God and mortal human, and not only a mix, but instead both fully human, and fully God, both at once, a seeming contradiction.

Because logic and/or premises -- even basics to our way of thinking like unitary, binary: 1 vs 0, etc. -- our ways of thinking are not adequate to encompass/exhaust God.

In other words, instead of our thinking being greater than God, instead God is greater than our ability in thinking.

God (greater than) > Our thinking

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

• Holy Spirit of ———>GOD
  • Son of ————> GOD
That is easy to understand if one first tell:
Who is the wife of Pauline-Christianity's Father-God, this is key to understand that, please?
Right?

Regards

Soapy

This is not really how the Trinity is described.

It is described in terms of "God the Son" and "God the Father".
Is there a verse in the scriptures detailing ‘God the Son’?

Is there a verse in the scriptures detailing ‘God the Father’?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

• Holy Spirit of ———>GOD
  • Son of ————> GOD
Actually, before the statement "Son of... God"... He was simply The Word - and The Word WAS GOD. :)

You are really talking about a parenthetical time when The WORD became flesh.

cataway

gasp, there are so many definitions of what the Trinity is . what part of the Trinity is the father? what part is Jesus ? what part is holy spirit ?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

Scripture is not the only source of doctrine.

QuestioningMind

• Holy Spirit of ———>GOD
  • Son of ————> GOD
Human imagination.

Soapy

Why is the Holy Spirit OF GOD?

Why is the Son OF GOD?

Why is the Father the only one of the unity three who is NOT OF GOD?

lostwanderingsoul

Actually, before the statement "Son of... God"... He was simply The Word - and The Word WAS GOD. :)

You are really talking about a parenthetical time when The WORD became flesh.
This is one of the few comments that makes any sense. The Word exixted from the beginning and took on a human body in the form of Jesus. And the Bible says God IS a spirit. not God HAS a spirit. God is a spirit and God is holy so God is the holy spirit. There is no third person. Just the father and son. And together they are God.

cataway

i googled ''where is God the Son found in the bible'' answer . The phrase "God the Son" is not found in the Bible, but is found in later Christian sources. By scribal error the term is in one medieval manuscript, MS No.1985, where Galatians 2:20 has "Son of God" changed to "God the Son".

cataway

This is one of the few comments that makes any sense. The Word exixted from the beginning and took on a human body in the form of Jesus. And the Bible says God IS a spirit. not God HAS a spirit. God is a spirit and God is holy so God is the holy spirit. There is no third person. Just the father and son. And together they are God.
are they a perfect God?

Soapy

i googled ''where is God the Son found in the bible'' answer . The phrase "God the Son" is not found in the Bible, but is found in later Christian sources. By scribal error the term is in one medieval manuscript, MS No.1985, where Galatians 2:20 has "Son of God" changed to "God the Son".
So there is no such appellation as ‘God the Son’. That chapter should then be closed…. Thanks.

Did you chase up ‘God the Father’?

My research found, again, no such scriptural appellation.

So scrub any and every post that claims such wording as proof of a Godship in such a naming mannerism.

Thank you, again.

Soapy

There are two uses of the word ‘Spirit’ in the scriptures:
  1. The primary use is that of the active force and intelligence - the intelligent power - of a being
  2. Another use is that of the immaterial personage
Therefore God, who is Spirit (2), has a Spirit (1).

Going by your incorrect terminology you would have God being Angels, Satan, Demons, Humans, animals… in fact: everything since every sentient and none inanimate entity has a spirit.

Notice that saying ‘God is Spirit’ is wisely followed by ‘God is the Father of Spirits’. And we know from scriptures that God ‘GIVES’ His Spirit to mankind.

This ‘giving’ is not a physical loaning. God is not ‘without’ His Spirit (1) in any manner. It means that the spirit (1) is infused with the spirit (1) of the person in whom it is given. Human spirit (1) is weak by default because of lack of Faith - and by the wisdom of God. Jesus came and showed us how he, being filled with the fullness of the spirit (1) of God, can do great things by being so filled. His Spirit (1) being one with the spirit (1) of the Father. This is the error many Trinitarians claim in saying that Jesus SHARED the Holy Spirit (1) of God…. Being of one mind (one Spirit(1)) is not SHARING… and it does not BELONG to Jesus. … Jesus made it absolutely clear to the disciples that he was DELIVERING the Holy Spirit (1) as a GIFT from the Father:
  • “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” (John 14:26)
  • “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.” (John 15:26)
  • “On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised [Holy Spirit at Pentecost], which you have heard me speak about.” (Acts 1:4)
  • “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” (James 1:17)
(p.s. Just for the record and completeness, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GHOST!!! The use of this misinterpreted word comes from the dark ages when people believed that the SPIRITS of dead souls would roam the physical world causing havoc and foretelling the future or more likely simply scaring people when the simple explanation of a white floating ‘thing’ that made weird groaning noises was that of mist by the river along with night noises or creaking floor boards and timber etc in a house along with moonlight and shadows from the moonlight, lamps or reflections of some kind…. And peoples drama-filled imagination and machinations!)

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

• Holy Spirit of ———>GOD
  • Son of ————> GOD

Jesus said God is Love and the words of God are Truth. The Holy Spirit is Love of Truth with understanding of what is Truth. Jesus taught what he was told to teach from God his Father. Jesus began his "official" ministry after receiving Holy Spirit with Baptism when the Voice of God proclaiming to all that God is pleased with Jesus becoming Baptized following the Command of God to believe in it, officially for all Jews to see, Jesus forsaking belief in killing a life to remove sin.

In 2 Peter 1/16-17 Peter taught, "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables"., meaning Apostles and disciples left the false Jewish religious beliefs for truth taught by Jesus. No Hebrew/Jew believes in water baptism for sin removal. They do believe in blood sacrifice for sin removal which is a devised fable used to demand money or death if one does not pay, followed by tradition as truth when it is not. Jesus said all that came before him were "robbers and thieves".

The true Apostles did not teach the death of a life removes sin because they were water baptized and learned what "I desire mercy and not sacrifice means". Only the killer of Jesus, Pharisee Paul wants to hang Jesus on a cross for sins he did not commit and lies with cunning proclaiming God desires the death of Jesus to remove sin.
Jesus carried the stripes of blasphemy laid upon him as the crime worthy of death, for teaching truth. By believing the truth that Jesus taught then you are healed also standing strong for your God given right to freedom of speech believing truth and the right to speak it.

Peter said, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."
Paul's version of what Jesus taught is only Paul's private interpretation based on the traditions his Pharisee father taught him, cunning fables, so Paul tells people blood sacrifice is accepted by God for sin removal when it is not and never was.
Sacrificing a human to a God is satanic without the Love of God that grants all people the right to life, and without love of His Beloved Son Jesus that said, "learn what I desire mercy and not sacrifice means". Paul scatters the sheep so few learn what it means.

Soapy

Can anyone answer the question as to why there is no:
  • ‘The Father of God
in the Scriptures when there are clear indications in the scriptures of:
  • ‘The SON of God
and:
  • ‘The HOLY SPIRIT of God
The trinity claim is that:
  • The Father is God
  • The Son is God
  • The Holy Spirit is God
So how is it that the Father alone is NOT ‘of God’?

Perhaps because the Father alone ‘IS GOD’, and there is a grave fault with the trinity ideology?

Afterall, is it not true that:
  • The Son is OF THE FATHER
  • The Holy Spirit is OF THE FATHER
which correlates exactly with:
  • The Son is OF GOD
  • The Holy Spirit is OF GOD
and why it cannot be said:
  • The Father is OF GOD