• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Jesus was WITH GOD’ therefore Jesus WAS GOD?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I believe a great deal has been done.

Nothing close to physically moving a mountain.

I believe no-one has eaten the flesh or drunken the blood of Jesus but it is not an exaggeration. It is a metaphor. So when we eat bread and drink grape juice we are metaphorically taking in the flesh and blood of Jesus. The same thing happened at the last supper. They also ate bread and drank wine while He was saying this and referring to the bread as His flesh and the wine as His blood metaphorically.

Bread and wine is a greatly reduced version of blood and flesh. That makes "blood and flesh" a gross exaggeration = hyperbole.

Read the episode in context. He was being offensive on purpose.

101G

Nothing close to physically moving a mountain.
what is a mountian, as in Psalms 133:3 "As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." OR, Lamentations 5:18 "Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it." or one more, Joel 3:17 "So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more."

now little brother dybmh, tell us which one is really a MOUNTIAN? ...... (smile)....... your answer please.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
what is a mountian, as in Psalms 133:3 "As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." OR, Lamentations 5:18 "Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it." or one more, Joel 3:17 "So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more."

now little brother dybmh, tell us which one is really a MOUNTIAN? ...... (smile)....... your answer please.

101G.

Psalm 133: The dew is like to the goodness of dwelling together as brothers. But it is not a gross exaggeration. Dew on the mountain exists. it is really describing a mountain. It is really describing dew.

Lam 5:18: The woe is like a desolate mountain. But it is not a gross exaggeration. Desolate mountains exist. Have you ever been on a mountain? I have. Above the tree-line is what is called a God-forsaken place. It's kind of like walking on another planet. No life, no critters, no birds. No nothing. At times, I've thought to myself, "Why am I even here?"

Joel 3:17: It's talking about the temple mount. A real place. It's talking about God dwelling. A real dwelling. It's not a gross exaggeration.

101G

Psalm 133: The dew is like to the goodness of dwelling together as brothers. But it is not a gross exaggeration. Dew on the mountain exists. it is really describing a mountain. It is really describing dew.

Lam 5:18: The woe is like a desolate mountain. But it is not a gross exaggeration. Desolate mountains exist. Have you ever been on a mountain? I have. Above the tree-line is what is called a God-forsaken place. It's kind of like walking on another planet. No life, no critters, no birds. No nothing. At times, I've thought to myself, "Why am I even here?"

Joel 3:17: It's talking about the temple mount. A real place. It's talking about God dwelling. A real dwelling. It's not a gross exaggeration.
LOL, LOL, LOL, Psalms 133:3 "As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." so is ZION an actual Mountain?

Lamentations 5:18 "Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it." if it's desolate why are foxes there ... and is this a physical foxes? ... (smile)... Oh dear.

now this last one should have been easy for you. Joel 3:17 "So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more." YOU HAD NO CLUE... DID YOU? LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
LOL, LOL, LOL, Psalms 133:3 "As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." so is ZION an actual Mountain?

Lamentations 5:18 "Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it." if it's desolate why are foxes there ... and is this a physical foxes? ... (smile)... Oh dear.

now this last one should have been easy for you. Joel 3:17 "So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more." YOU HAD NO CLUE... DID YOU? LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear.

101G.

This has no relevance to what we are talking about.

Do you know what the word exaggeration means?

101G

This has no relevance to what we are talking about.
the dew was on Hermon but the dew that was on Mount Zion "descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore."
if you didn't get it, let's make it plain, Deuteronomy 32:1 "Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth." Deuteronomy 32:2 "My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:"

(smile)...... LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh my.

101G.

Zwing

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

not my personal Opinion..... (smile)

101G.
This is what I mean by “not well considered”. The use of ancient hagiographic texts in the formation of one’s cosmology is a poor decision. The Bible is nothing but a collection of legends with more or less historical fact woven in. The creation narrative in Genesis contains no fact at all.

Let me say that I feel myself on firm ground…that if there is a God who judges us, that I am safe for whatever reward there is. No God has seen fit to actually reveal itself to me in any kind of objective way. Whatever God might exist and has revealed itself by means of a bunch of nonsensically reading texts could not expect rational men to accept that revelation, especially in the face of the more rational contradictory evidence provided by science. If any extant God who will judge me is just, then I am a shoe-in for “salvation” (whatever that means), and all the theists in the world have just wasted their time being unnecessarily and nonsensically irrational in this life.

Let me also say that you detract from your posts with all the varying colors and sizes of text, and with the persnickety suggestions of giggling and smiling. You should consider desisting therefrom.

Last edited:

rosends

No, Zion is a place that has mountains, so the mountains OF Zion are not the same as calling Zion a mountain.
the word you have as "desolate" means "destroyed" as in ruins, not empty of people. Look at I Sam 5:6. In Verse 5, God destroys. In verse 6, the people who remained took action.

101G

This is what I mean by “not well considered”. The use of ancient hagiographic texts in the formation of one’s cosmology is a poor decision. The Bible is nothing but a collection of legends with more or less historical fact woven in. The creation narrative in Genesis contains no fact at all.
that's what I call personal opinion.
Let me say that I feel myself on firm ground…
nope. next,

101G

101G

No, Zion is a place that has mountains, so the mountains OF Zion are not the same as calling Zion a mountain.
is any one of the MOUNTIANS are Holy if so, HOW?
the word you have as "desolate" means "destroyed" as in ruins, not empty of people. Look at I Sam 5:6. In Verse 5, God destroys. In verse 6, the people who remained took action.
LOL, LOL, LOL, so... now who are the foxes? ... LOL, LOL, LOL, OH my

101G.

Zwing

…now who are the foxes?
Hahahahahaha…LOL LOL the foxes (snort) (giggle)…haha…oh, my! the foxes are those (chuckle) (y a w n)…those which are NOT COYOTES (oh my!) COYOTES OR WOLvES! (grin) (chuckle) (sneeze) …OH MY, YOU DID NOT EVEN KNOWhohohoheeheeheehahaha…(chuckle) (chuckle).

(Smile)

Zwing

Last edited:

101G

Yes, though their holiness is not part of the chapter you raised. As to how, by God's decision that it is holy.
LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear..... :rolleyes: YIKES!
The foxes are actual foxes. Why is that funny to you?
yes, because, Luke 13:31 "The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee." Luke 13:32 "And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected."

lol, lol, lol, now is this fox the two legged kind or the four legged kind.... lol, lol, lol, o_O it's just amazing how IGNORANT some can be.

101G.

101G

Hahahahahaha…LOL LOL the foxes (snort) (giggle)…haha…oh, my! the foxes are those (chuckle) (y a w n)…those which are NOT COYOTES (oh my!) COYOTES OR WOLvES! (grin) (chuckle) (sneeze) …OH MY, YOU DID NOT EVEN KNOWhohohoheeheeheehahaha…(chuckle) (chuckle).

(Smile)

Zwing
LOL, LOL, LOL, U had me rolling on the floor there,,,, Ah!...... it's just amazing U jump right on that didn't U? keep up the gooooood work... (smile) lol, lol, lol, we got to put you on the Ed Sulivan show.

101G.

rosends

LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear..... :rolleyes: YIKES!

yes, because, Luke 13:31 "The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee." Luke 13:32 "And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected."

lol, lol, lol, now is this fox the two legged kind or the four legged kind.... lol, lol, lol, o_O it's just amazing how IGNORANT some can be.

101G.
It amazes me that you quote the Gospels like they have any value at all.