• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Kubrick Film

Favorite Kubrick Film

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only one? Geeze....tough. "Dr Strangelove" is a toss up with "A Clockwork Orange", both quite horror show.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've only seen two of those. I'm not a big movie buff, though I did take a cinema course as an undergrad. That's the only reason why I've seen one of the two I've seen; Clockwork Orange was one of the films we were required to watch. I appreciated it from a filmmaking standpoint, but it's not in line with my taste in movies. It's not exactly a happy film.

no-body

Tie between clockwork orange and strange love. Maybe full metal jacket after that.

Odyssey and The shining are good movies but have problems with pacing. In the absence of drugs I was glad I had the fast forward button, especially for Odyssey.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I have seen 2001 several times so yes it is of course an excellent sf film. But I think I found Barry Lyndon a more accomplished work and Paths of Glory more involving.

I haven't seen Eyes Wide Shut...

E. Nato Difficile

I like Kubrick's films a lot, but I had to say Dr. Strangelove. Come on, this was just the pinnacle of outrageous Cold War satire.

"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Rooskies."

:D

-Nato