• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your best argument that G-d does not exist

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Further evidence against Allah's existence are that nobody outside the Quran had ever seen the moon split. Also, eternal punishment or eternal paradise is impossible. Eternal Life Is Impossible | ReligiousForums.com Furthermore, eternal punishment or eternal paradise doesn't make any logical sense. God's Judgment of Dead Babies | ReligiousForums.com

Don't you think that you are off-topic?
Here you have to provide positive proofs and evidences that "G-d does not exist".

Point to note:
Nobody has given so far any positive proofs and evidences that “G-d does not exist"; here we discuss this topic.
Strong Atheists! Please don't shift your burden; weak ones are excused, if they so like.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You did not even attempt to address the point.
Care to at least give it a try?

Here is the question again:
How would you go about proving a purple flying elephant does not exist?​

Answer the question: do you believe in the purple flying elephant?Anyone or more from the Atheists , please.
And one may get the answer.

Regards

Point to note:
Nobody has given so far any positive proofs and evidences that “G-d does not exist"; here we discuss this topic.
Strong Atheists! Please don't shift your burden; weak ones are excused, if they so like.

jonathan180iq

Of course not... Nor do you, because there is absolutely no evidence for the flying purple elephant, right?
Are you going to claim that the Flying Purple Elephant might exist, since there is no definitive proof of it's existence, but that there might be some evidence for it's existence in the future so you won't commit one way or the other, thus making yourself a Flying Purple Elephant weak-atheist? Or would you definitively and unabashedly state that such a creature doesn't exist, since that's the most logical position based on your life experience?

Would it then be prudent of me to rebut your disbelief in the flying purple elephant by stating that "an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...", or would that be kind of a weak cop-out?

The best argument that there is absolutely no such thing as god is the fact that over the last 100,000 years of human evolution, and over the last 10,000 years of recorded human history, there is not one single piece of evidence pointing towards any indication that such a thing exists, outside of theological claims.

The supposed existence of your Allah is just as fanciful and outlandish a claim as the existence of the Norse god Loki. It's all a bunch of metaphorical mythology that is paraded around by near-lunatics as being factually, historically, and literally accurate. There is no evidence of anything outside of the physical and natural world, regardless of how much our biases might wish otherwise. Your god of preference is no more grounded in real life than the Flying Purple Elephant or the mighty power of Zeus...

Outside of word-play and hopeful arguments of logic, theists have no other defense.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Answer the question: do you believe in the purple flying elephant?Anyone or more from the Atheists , please.

Regards

Point to note:

I believe that there is no flying purple elephant. That would make me a strong a-flying-purple-elephantist. Is that bad?

Or should I be agnostic about the existence of flying purple elephants?

I will try that at the next cocktail party, just for fun. If I say that I am agnostic about God, probably people will still think this is a respectable position. But I bet that if I claim agnosticism about the flying purple elephant, then people might think I had too many of those things that the house offers.

But why, since God(s) and flying purple elephants have the same evidence/plausibility?

Ciao

- viole

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Man is not superior in morals.
But that is another topic.

Regards

I'm more inclined to see God as amoral. Morality means something to man, but an omnipotent, omniscient being. There'd be no right or wrong. If you are capable of doing anything or changing anything how could anything you do be wrong,

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm more inclined to see God as amoral. Morality means something to man, but an omnipotent, omniscient being. There'd be no right or wrong. If you are capable of doing anything or changing anything how could anything you do be wrong,

I don't agree with you.
But one could differ with, of course.

Regards

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Regards

Point to note:

I understand you are scared to reveal the big gaping hole in your argument.

But the least you can do is stop making promises you have no intentions on keeping.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I don't agree with you.
But one could differ with, of course.

Regards

Well think about it. If you were omnipotent, you could make the rules to be whatever you wanted. And change them if you wanted to. I don't know how one would apply right and wrong to a being who had total control over everything.

God could torture you, make you suffer. Then wipe it all from ever having happen. Recreate you and give you a happy life. Our sense of time, past and future, right and wrong would have no meaning to an omnipotent being. They could do anything and there would be no repercussions.

With no repercussions how can anything be seen as wrong?

NVM This is way off topic....o_O

Koldo

Outstanding Member
One should not go into supposition. Why should one go into the supposition? We are to bring positive facts in the thread.

Regards

No problem then. My friend Joe right here heard the sound of the flying pink elephant and says it sounds like an elephant. What now?

"Exists" implies that the thing/being in question is physical in some sense, and I don't think anything that a thing/being that does what God does could possibly be limited by physical properties. Therefore God doesn't "exist."
That is not true: A concept exists; morals exist; Ideas exist; and the space between molecules exists. God exists in all those things and places.

jonathan180iq

Atheism is the idea that morals are not real,

Well that's certainly a surprise to me, ya know, being an atheist an all.

God testifies in that Atheism does not create moralities, they deny and reject them in selfish endeavors or for social benifits,

Yeah, well no we don't. I'm quite moral and your version of god had nothing to do with it, so...

Lest we have criminally insane perverts advocating anal and oral sex to children in public, as they also do to pedophiles, murderers, rapists, disrespectful men who rape their girlfriends or other girls anal virginity at parties, and politically corrupt tycoons who use these perversion as support for their moral less perspectives, as homosexuals do do every time they publically demonstrate homosexuality should be accepted, as it is pleasurable, common and aught to be accepted. Homosexuals are criminally insane retards for advocating anal and oral sex to these people publically with complete disregard of the fact that I do not need to get butt fawked by my dad to feel his love and appreciation, and I do not need to bone my friends to show my love or to love them, and my dog sure aint getting this conditional contribution of my love.

What the hell is this?

The testimony of God is that, only through The word of God can he be known, and the truths of his law are self explanatory. Denial of the word of God is blasphemy.

Based on your previous comment, which is obviously fueled by your love of god, god must be an *******.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Do you believe in a purple flying elephant that exists?

Of course not... Nor do you, because there is absolutely no evidence for the flying purple elephant, right?

Neither you believe nor I that flying purple elephant exists. Thats all.
Thanks and regards.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Neither you believe nor I that flying purple elephant exists. Thats all.
Thanks and regards.
So you can now answer the question you have been avoiding?
Here it is for you to ignore yet again:
How would you go about proving a purple flying elephant does not exist?​