• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woo Hoo! We Have Our Prez Candidate!

Fraleyight

Voting for him will be a waste of time imo. Now days it would be next to impossible for someone to win that is not part of either the republican or democrat party.

I do like Gary Johnson tho :)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Pro-choice
Supports same sex marriage
End War on Drugs
Marijuana legalization

And then I can jive with his stances on immigration, foreign policy, and mega-huge tax reform that is conducive with personal and business freedom.

I'm almost speechless. Johnson is waaaayyyyy better than Bob Barr. And he has a track record as NM governor.

*pinches self*

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Voting for him will be a waste of time imo. Now days it would be next to impossible for someone to win that is not part of either the republican or democrat party.
Yeah, it's an issue we all wrestle with.
Unless something make an otherwise choice compelling, I'll vote for him.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I still want Ron Paul a lot more, but Gary seems fit for the job, I'll support him.

But I want to know, how much chance does Gary have of making it out of the primaries successfully?

Fraleyight

I still want Ron Paul a lot more, but Gary seems fit for the job, I'll support him.

But I want to know, how much chance does Gary have of making it out of the primaries successfully?
If he is running as part of the libertarian party he does not need to get out of the primaries. Obviously his chances of winning are really low if he is not either a republican or a democrat.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If he is running as part of the libertarian party he does not need to get out of the primaries. Obviously his chances of winning are really low if he is not either a republican or a democrat.
He should have gotten out of the MI primary. Now he's banned from the ballot under the "sore loser law".

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I had a Gary Johnson sticker on my car in 2008 I think. Way before anyone else did. I got to meet him, and though he's not the most charismatic guy around, he's got great ideas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I had a Gary Johnson sticker on my car in 2008 I think. Way before anyone else did. I got to meet him, and though he's not the most charismatic guy around, he's got great ideas.
Greetings, fellow libertarian!
Good to see some activity in our little corner of RF.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Very hipster!

I'd love to meet Gary Johnson.

He's very unassuming and approachable. I like that! One thing that I think reduced his chances of getting more votes is that he speaks a lot about marijuana legalization. He seems to be more known for that than anything. That's such a minor issue to me but people say, "Oh Gary Johnson, he's that guy that wants drugs legalized." He is so much more than that.

Last edited:

Izdaari

Emergent Anglo-Catholic
I liked Gary Johnson a lot, and still do. He's very nearly my political ideal. He was able to govern effectively in NM and work across the aisles without losing his libertarian principles. IMO, that's the kind of practical libertarian we need in office.

I rooted for him in the GOP primaries, and voted for him on the LP ticket in the general election. :yes: