• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wisdom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Friends, how is wisdom acquired? how does one acquire widsom?

Same say age is wisdom. The years we gain, the experience gathered, is said to change the price of knowledge to the wealth of wisdom.

Then there are those we call ol' souls. Whose young feet have yet to reach age but his mind and perception speaks beyond his elders.

But then you have Jane Does like me. Living only in simplicity. Swimming through life's complexity: as so they say.

I define wisdom beyond age, where we were, and where we will be. It's the here and now that we live. Wisdom is learning how to live not when, not where, and not why.​

To acquire wisdom? Don't wait to learn how to live today. If you are always looking in your past or always dreaming for the future, you'll miss the boat.

-Words from a Poet.
:fallenleaf:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hi...... :)

Complete and total friggin' stupidity.......... you know, can lead to some wisdom.

I have been totally friggin' daft all my life. The mistakes I have made, the sadnesses caused, the losses ...... oh, the losses! But even I gained some wisdom..... eventually :). Well, a bit.......

So my best guess is this........... Dive into life. Live it! But try to do better than oldbadger at learning from the masses of mistakes that can be made.

All the Best.......

:)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That's news 2 me - care to enlighten us?
Count. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Geology, Paleontology, Geography, History, Archaeology, Astronomy, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Economics, Architecture, Computer Science, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Environmental Studies, Political Science, Medicine, Material Sciences, Music, Genetics, Neuroscience, Scriptural sudies: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Dao, Judaism, Christianity, Islam. You thought being wise is easy?

buddhist

"There is no jhana without wisdom,
and there is no wisdom without jhana.
When a man has both jhana and wisdom,
he is indeed close to nibbana." - Buddha (Dhp 372)

rusra02

Premium Member
Friends, how is wisdom acquired? how does one acquire widsom?
I believe we must go to the Source of true wisdom, Jehovah God.
"By making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to discernment; Moreover, if you call out for understanding and raise your voice for discernment; If you keep seeking for it as for silver, and you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the knowledge of God. For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; From his mouth come knowledge and discernment." (Proverbs 2:2-6)