• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would somebody willingly become a Satanist?

Colt

Rude. For reasons they don't understand...

The same insult can be made about anyone.
Condescending Atheist use this as a shooting gallery, they just sit on the sidelines and take potshots at believers any they chance they get!

Colt

We Baha’is view Satan as the lower self, ego or insistent self. The Bible had to try and portray this lower self that tempts us to commit evil deeds to the people of an unscientific and uneducated generation so it used metaphors and symbols. But when Baha’u’llah appeared, He explained it was symbolic of our baser human instincts.
I've heard this before, If Satan wasn't real as portrayed, is that true of God as well? Its not like it would have been difficult for ancient writers to say something like, "Adam and Eve were tempted by their own lower natures." The end!

Viker

Häxan
I was responding to the snarky comment of an Atheist on a religious form. There are Atheist forums, maybe they could go there and shoot each other?
They do. I've seen it. It gets ugly.

You should have witnessed the flame wars on some of the now defunct Satanic forums. Hellfire flung around all over.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Satan tempted Jesus to eat rocks. That is what a 3-year old tries to do to their parents. Like what kind of mindset do Satanists have? I just don't see it.
Why do Satanists believe that Satan is better in their view to God?
Why do many, but not all, Satanists get absurd amounts of tattoos and piercings? Is it just a style choice or a meaning behind it?
From the limited interactions with Satanists I've had, they have this attitude where they believe it is okay to hurt others because they were hurt by someone else. How do they justify that and where does this attitude come from?
The ones I have met are some of the most moral people I know.

Kelly of the Phoenix

My understanding is that they do not worship Satan, rather they honor him. Before the fall, Adam and Eve were basically like animals grazing in a field, and it wasn't until Satan cajoled them to eat from the tree of knowledge did they become intelligent like humans are today. So they credit Satan for mankind being intelligent as we are now.
The irony is that after getting such knowledge, they make up sins like nudity.

Colt

She said the ones she has met.

There could be amoral Satanists out there.

From what I have experienced, most do have moral standards. Most have not been hypocritical in that regard.
I get it, its just a little ironic humor. Like serial killers are often nice neighbors!..........except for digging around in the back yard all hours of the night!

Viker

Häxan
I get it, its just a little ironic humor. Like serial killers are often nice neighbors!..........except for digging around in the back yard all hours of the night!
Just remember, not everyone digging around in the backyard all hours are serial killers. Some are probably trying to figure out where to put a cistern without digging into underground power lines or something else.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
A specific kind of knowledge.

But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Matthew 9:13

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11
Interesting, when did Yahweh decide he doesn't like sacrifice? What will he change his mind on next?

Colt

And again, i wonder what any atheist has done to you to cause such hatred?

I really do find hypocrisy amusing
There isn't any hatred, it's a legitimate question. With so many atheists trashing religious people on this form it seems like joining an atheist forum might be a better place for them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There isn't any hatred, it's a legitimate question. With so many atheists trashing religious people on this form it seems like joining an atheist forum might be a better place for them.

If that's what satisfies your ego. But i think being shooting into is indicates hatred and death to all atheists

If you don't like it then you could use your own suggestion

Ebionite

Interesting, when did Yahweh decide he doesn't like sacrifice? What will he change his mind on next?
Blood sacrifice was only for the children of Israel. Sooner or later they have to grow up.

Abraham's horror (Genesis 15:12) only happened after he killed the animals.

Last edited: