• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the law of Moses prohibits anal sex

Simplelogic

First off, The Torah of Moses does not prohibit same sex love or feelings. Nor does it condemn a person for these types of thoughts. The prohibition in the law of Moses was specifically against male to male anal sex. One could argue that anal sex in general should be prohibited based off of this verse alone.

I believe that God knew that anal sex was able to spread deadly diseases which harm the very people who carry out these acts! Its for the preservation of these very people that He commended these things…not because God somehow hated homosexuals!

Listen to this report from the CDC on HIV and its relation to men who have sex with men:
Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM)a represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for **72%** of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24
CDC – Fact Sheet - Gay and Bisexual Men – Gender – Risk – HIV/AIDS

Notice that the Torah never said it was wrong to have sexual impulses for men! In fact, the Torah's declaration against the action implies that God knew men would have the impulse. He simply understood the dangers that it caused to the men who would do this act. Once again, He is trying to protect the very people WHO HAVE THESE IMPULSES! I personally do not believe humans are born either gay or straight. We are simply born. Sexual decisions do not constitute a definition for men or women in my opinion. We are simply humans who have the choice to act however we want to act. God informs us on the actions that will cause us harm and the actions that will cause us good. This was the whole reason why He laid down His commandments.

"Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that (for this purpose) it might be well with them and with their children forever!" Deuteronomy 5:29

Everyone has the freedom to choose their actions…choose wisely!

Simplelogic

For Godeth sayeth, the blood vessels lie closer to the rectum, than they do vagina. Therefore, sticketh your junk in the slightly less risky hole, and the Lord will blesseth thee. Amen.
I realize you are joking, but there is truth to your joke. And it is not "slightly less risky". Vaginal sex is a MUCH SAFER form of intercourse. The fact that the Bible prohibited the act, well before there was scientific proof of its danger, only leads more credibility to divine inspiration.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I realize you are joking, but there is truth to your joke. And it is not "slightly less risky". Vaginal sex is a MUCH SAFER form of intercourse. The fact that the Bible prohibited the act, well before there was scientific proof of its danger, only leads more credibility to divine inspiration.
Oral sex is even safer. And then hand jobs safer than that. In fact totally abstaining for sex with humans and using only government approved gelatinous and pre-lubricated sex toys only. So sayeth the lord.

Simplelogic

Was He trying to protect them from acquiring venereal diseases or from being stoned to death?

Ciao

- viole
The death penalty was meant to deter humans from the action. You might argue that this is overkill but think about it. If God knew that anal sex would cause and spread as many diseases as it did, could the harsh penalty be form of preservation? Would it have been more "loving" to allow humans to commit an action that He knew would cause deadly diseases and spread these diseases to MANY OTHERS?

Simplelogic

Oral sex is even safer. And then hand jobs safer than that. In fact totally abstaining for sex with humans and using only government approved gelatinous and pre-lubricated sex toys only. So sayeth the lord.
The law of Moses does not prohibit oral sex, vaginal sex or "hand jobs". Isn't that interesting? Only anal sex.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The death penalty was meant to deter humans from the action. You might argue that this is overkill but think about it. If God knew that anal sex would cause and spread as many diseases as it did, could the harsh penalty be form of preservation? Would it have been more "loving" to allow humans to commit an action that He knew would cause deadly diseases and spread these diseases to MANY OTHERS?

So, has this love stopped now, or do you think that He is still promoting the death penalty for such acts? And if the latter, should we obey Him?

Ciao

- viole

dust1n

Zindīq
I realize you are joking, but there is truth to your joke. And it is not "slightly less risky". Vaginal sex is a MUCH SAFER form of intercourse.

There always a little joke to a truth, a little truth to a joke. You are right, there is an increased risk of contraction of STD's via anal sex as opposed to vaginal sex. Could probably find numbers, but I'm at work, and that's a weird search at work. But what one could just do is have their sex partner submit to an STD test, and assuming that they are clean, they could stick potentially anything up their bottom and will never contract an STD.

The fact that the Bible prohibited the act, well before there was scientific proof of its danger, only leads more credibility to divine inspiration.

And the fact that the Bible required everyone to wear Tzitzit, well before there was a fashion industry, only leads more credibility to the authors of the Bible being absolutely fabulous.

On a more serious note, why would that indicate divine inspiration? It's sort of taboo for obvious reasons, but it's always existed and always have been aware of it and done it anyways.

Also, why would God make a rule to protect us from the thing he created in the first place. If the divine one is so adamantly against syphilis and HIV, then why would he make it in the first place? Why isn't there a rule that protects me against multiple sclerosis, if I follow it?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I believe that God knew that anal sex was able to spread deadly diseases which harm the very people who carry out these acts! Its for the preservation of these very people that He commended these things…not because God somehow hated homosexuals!
..but that's not true. If you use proper protection, anal sex is no more likely to spread disease than vaginal sex.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
But it doesn't. Anal sex with a clean partner is no more dangerous than vaginal sex with a clean partner. And if the partner has an STD, protected anal sex is no more dangerous with that partner than protected vaginal sex.

Simplelogic

There always a little joke to a truth, a little truth to a joke. You are right, there is an increased risk of contraction of STD's via anal sex as opposed to vaginal sex. Could probably find numbers, but I'm at work, and that's a weird search at work. But what one could just do is have their sex partner submit to an STD test, and assuming that they are clean, they could stick potentially anything up their bottom and will never contract an STD.

And the fact that the Bible required everyone to wear Tzitzit, well before there was a fashion industry, only leads more credibility to the authors of the Bible being absolutely fabulous.

On a more serious note, why would that indicate divine inspiration? It's sort of taboo for obvious reasons, but it's always existed and always have been aware of it and done it anyways.

Also, why would God make a rule to protect us from the thing he created in the first place. If the divine one is so adamantly against syphilis and HIV, then why would he make it in the first place? Why isn't there a rule that protects me against multiple sclerosis, if I follow it?

All diseases stem from improper uses of what God originally made. This includes all sicknesses. This is why God laid down laws which tells us which things to eat and not eat. This is the entire point to the Torah. He is teaching us which things will harm us and which things won't. If the creation interacts with the world in the way that the Creator tells us we will all be preserved.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The death penalty can only be implemented under God's mandated legal structure. This structure does not exist in the world right now. However it will again some day. For more on this I recommend this link:

Homosexuality Adultery & The Law's Capital Punishment

Many countries have the death penalty. Independently from being mandated it by God or not, do you think it would be an act of love to execute sodomizers as well in those countries?

I am interested in your opinion, not necessarily God's one.

Ciao

- viole

dust1n

Zindīq

Going back to this, obviously God would have known that regular vaginal sex was able to spread deadly diseases which harm the very people who carry out these acts...

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
And when were condom's invented?
What part of the world? Because you'd be surprised as to how long we've had condoms of some manner. Also, again, anal sex with a partner without an STD is safe. Anal sex with a partner with an STD obviously isn't, but no type of unprotected sex with someone STD-Positive is safe.

Simplelogic

Many countries have the death penalty. Independently from being mandated it by God or not, do you think it would be an act of love to execute sodomizers as well in those countries?

I am interested in your opinion, not necessarily God's one.

Ciao

- viole
My opinion is in agreement with the God of the Bible. It is wrong to try to carry out a Torah command without the legal structure which God mandated to carry out these laws.

Simplelogic

What part of the world? Because you'd be surprised as to how long we've had condoms of some manner. Also, again, anal sex with a partner without an STD is safe. Anal sex with a partner with an STD obviously isn't, but no type of unprotected sex with someone STD-Positive is safe.

You should probably review the statistics from the CDC above ^^^

Most generations of humans who lived on this planet NEVER HAD CONDOMS.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
All diseases stem from improper uses of what God originally made. This includes all sicknesses. This is why God laid down laws which tells us which things to eat and not eat. This is the entire point to the Torah. He is teaching us which things will harm us and which things won't. If the creation interacts with the world in the way that the Creator tells us we will all be preserved.
Really now? What exactly did I do improperly to cause my spine to be crooked? From birth?