• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why, School, why!?! Why torment me so!?!?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm beginning to feel a little bit overwhelmed by all the stuff my professors expect all during one single week. Every professor I'm affliated with has joined a secret conspiracy to try to kill me with excess workload...

Here's what I need to... THIS WEEK:
(the grey ones, I've already gotten done.) :D

register for classes (which will make me late to english... My professor says it's okay though)
turn in a paper to register for my education classes separately
write a resume
e-mail said resume to my teacher (but I don't have a compatible word document to do so)
schedule an interview for student teaching abroad
go to the interview for student teaching abroad...
Write a one-page thing about why I want to student teach abroad
Get two letters of recommendation for student teaching abroad
Turn in both of the previous two things at my interview
take an archaeology test
have my eye-appointment (maybe I'll get new glasses.) :D
plan out a halloween lesson to teach my class and pretend they are children
Read some shakespear and write modernizations about it

And on top of that, I'm beginning to get a cold or flu or something. I feel horrible and out of breath even when I'm just sitting still... Running all over campus is going to suck...

Please give me some cheerings ups... :(

Last edited:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Trust me, your Yule break in December will feel like parole. But wait! They will give you assignments to "keep you busy" on your break too!

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
If you think that's hard, wait till you enter the work force.

Hope that cheers you up.
Willamena beat me to it. ;)

Think of it this way Hannah: once you graduate and get a job you'll look back at college and wonder how you could've ever thought college was hard or stressful.

That's not what you're looking for is it?

MissAlice

Yes but leaving school is a liberating experience.

I guess each exerience is different but when I got out of school the attitudes in college and work were far removed from the attitudes in highschool like the constant labeling, cliques, and so on. I don't know how to explain but it the real world seems much more different than highschool. And yes you will run into people who still carry around the childish attitude but they really make themselves look worse.

Oh and you don't want to drop out of school so as stressful as it is, it'll be even more stressful once you drop out. That means you have to start all over again or find a job that will accept you as a non-school graduate. It's already hard to get a job with no college degree so be prepaired!!

Erebus

I guess each exerience is different but when I got out of school the attitudes in college and work were far removed from the attitudes in highschool like the constant labeling, cliques, and so on. I don't know how to explain but it the real world seems much more different than highschool. And yes you will run into people who still carry around the childish attitude but they really make themselves look worse.

High School is a joke. It's absolutely ludicrous what the kids get away with in High School that would get an older person imprisoned. College and University are great though :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If you think that's hard, wait till you enter the work force.

Hope that cheers you up.
I think that depends.

Since I entered the work force, I haven't been as busy as I was with school work in my last year of undergrad. I'd be in the computer lab or the fourth-year study room until midnight every night... at least.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I think that depends.

Since I entered the work force, I haven't been as busy as I was with school work in my last year of undergrad. I'd be in the computer lab or the fourth-year study room until midnight every night... at least.
That's a good point. It also depends on whether you are studying what you love in college. I loved my major, and pulling all night study sessions were actually enjoyable because I was so interested in the subject. And the same thing applies to a job: if it's a job you like then sure your post-college life may be better. But if it's not...:shrug:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
No sweat, Hannah. Just do what I do whenever I've completely over-committed myself;

Go to the costume store, buy a whip and an Indiana Jones fedora, get into the habit of humming the theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark, and have at it.

If nothing else, people will get out of your way, which makes it easier to get things done.

Good luck btw.
icon14.gif

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No sweat, Hannah. Just do what I do whenever I've completely over-committed myself;

Go to the costume store, buy a whip and an Indiana Jones fedora, get into the habit of humming the theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark, and have at it.

If nothing else, people will get out of your way, which makes it easier to get things done.

Good luck btw.
icon14.gif

Yes - good luck!

And if you get bored with Indiana Jones, you can get a similar effect by putting on a Crocodile Dundee costume and re-enacting the "that's not a knife - this is a knife" scene.

But what I'm wondering about now is why Quagmire has to buy a new Indiana Jones costume every time he wants to do his thing. What exactly does he do to it to that renders it unusable for the next time? :confused:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes - good luck!

And if you get bored with Indiana Jones, you can get a similar effect by putting on a Crocodile Dundee costume and re-enacting the "that's not a knife - this is a knife" scene.

But what I'm wondering about now is why Quagmire has to buy a new Indiana Jones costume every time he wants to do his thing. What exactly does he do to it to that renders it unusable for the next time? :confused:

I just rent all that stuff (I'm cheap and I hate to do laundry). :D

challupa

That is alot to do! However, I have every confidence you'll do it just fine. Here's a great big hug though! :hugehug:

Yikes that is a handful, I have 0.0001% of useful advice, the only thing I have is that you can download a free trial for a pdf program on the intrewebz which will let you send your resume in a readable format. :hug: hope you are better soon

blackout

Violet.
There's something you WANT at the end of it though,
so just jump those hoops vigilantly to get what you want.

The being sick part really does suck though.
It makes everything SO much harder.

Good luck getting your teaching abroad! :hug: