• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I believe God Created Life.

Aman777

Bible Believer
How long would you say that life has existed on Earth?

Der Kryptid, On the 5th Day, or Yesterday, in God's time, God created and brought forth, from the water "every living creature that moveth". Gen 1:21 God's command brought life to our Planet, beginning some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time, as Science has discovered. Since the same thing happened on Adam's Earth, it's a revealation that where ever we find liquid water in Space, we will find Life, and they will look exactly like us.

BTW, the sons of God (prehistoric people) were present on Adam's Earth long BEFORE Eve was made from Adam's rib. Gen 2:22. These people were made on the 5th Day, from the Water and Eve was not made until the 6th Day. Each of God's Days or Ages is some 4.5 Billion years in man's time. God has but 6 Creative Days and 1 Festival DAy, the 7th Day, which has NO end. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Parsimony

Der Kryptid, On the 5th Day, or Yesterday, in God's time, God created and brought forth, from the water "every living creature that moveth". Gen 1:21 God's command brought life to our Planet, beginning some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time, as Science has discovered. Since the same thing happened on Adam's Earth, it's a revealation that where ever we find liquid water in Space, we will find Life, and they will look exactly like us.

BTW, the sons of God (prehistoric people) were present on Adam's Earth long BEFORE Eve was made from Adam's rib. Gen 2:22. These people were made on the 5th Day, from the Water and Eve was not made until the 6th Day. Each of God's Days or Ages is some 4.5 Billion years in man's time. God has but 6 Creative Days and 1 Festival DAy, the 7th Day, which has NO end. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
I was asking rusra02 specifically, but since you brought this up...

You hold that life has been on Earth for billions of years. Do you also hold that these the first single-celled organisms evolved into the myriad of animals and plants that we see today and in the fossil record?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

In Love,
Aman

Seriously?
All that and you STILL didn't answer the question?

rusra02

Premium Member
This path you have chosen dies with your inability to answer the question "Who made god?"

But you already know that.
So it is puzzling why you would try it again.

I accept Jehovah as the Source of all life. (Psalm 36:9) As for Jehovah, he lives as he states, "From everlasting to everlasting." (Psalm 90:2) How do you explain how the universe came into being?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

You hold that life has been on Earth for billions of years. Do you also hold that these the first single-celled organisms evolved into the myriad of animals and plants that we see today and in the fossil record?

Do you actually think you KNOW this? You can't KNOW that, hate to break it to you.

rusra02

Premium Member
I think we have to agree to disagree here. You seem immune to the fact that this alleged evidence is insufficient given the time and environmental changes you need to trigger speciation.

Just a wee question. If God is the designer of man from scratch, why did He create Adam with nipples?

When I was a creationist, I could not answer that so well.

Ciao

- viole
The Bible doesn't say whether Adam had nipples or not. What is the relevance of the question?

rusra02

Premium Member
Or the appendix, or wisdom teeth, or tonsils. None of those serve any purpose either. I think God just likes to screw with creationists. :rolleyes:

From SA: ""Among adult humans, the appendix is now thought to be involved primarily in immune functions. Lymphoid tissue begins to accumulate in the appendix shortly after birth and reaches a peak between the second and third decades of life, decreasing rapidly thereafter and practically disappearing after the age of 60. During the early years of development, however, the appendix has been shown to function as a lymphoid organ, assisting with the maturation of B lymphocytes (one variety of white blood cell) and in the production of the class of antibodies known as immunoglobulin A (IgA) antibodies. Researchers have also shown that the appendix is involved in the production of molecules that help to direct the movement of lymphocytes to various other locations in the body."

Tonsils; "A main function of tonsils is to trap germs (bacteria and viruses) which you may breathe in. Proteins called antibodies produced by the immune cells in the tonsils help to kill germs and help to prevent throat and lung infections." Source

Wisdom teeth can and are used for chewing.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I accept Jehovah as the Source of all life. (Psalm 36:9) As for Jehovah, he lives as he states, "From everlasting to everlasting." (Psalm 90:2)
Circular reasoning does not impress.

How do you explain how the universe came into being?
I have no need to explain it.

How do you explain how your god came into being?
Why is that explanation not good for the universe?

Aman777

Bible Believer

Dear Kryptid, Absolutely. God told us all about it in Genesis one. Read Carefully:

en 1:20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Science has also learned the SAME thing, and it happened some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time. The cells within our bodies cannot live without liquid water. We have the same percentage of water in our bodies as there is water on the Earth and our Blood is the same salinity as the Ocean. One interesting thing about the fossil record is that it also shows the LIMITS of changes within "kinds" which are after Their kind and after His kind. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Bible Believer
Seriously?
All that and you STILL didn't answer the question?

Dear Mestemia, Sure I did. Here it is:

>>>>>>>>God's command brought life to our Planet, beginning some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time, as Science has discovered.<<<<<<<<

I'm sorry you missed it. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The Bible doesn't say whether Adam had nipples or not. What is the relevance of the question?

The relevance is that within evolution by natural selection we can expect to see useless things or suboptimal "design" in the living world. Another example is the Laryngeal nerve of the giraffe. Only a drunk designer could have done that, if it had been designed.

Ciao

- viole

Parsimony

Do you actually think you KNOW this? You can't KNOW that, hate to break it to you.
I was asking Aman777 if he agrees with common ancestry. What's so wrong with asking a question?

rusra02 said:
I don't know. Why do you ask?
I'm curious as to how you interpret the answer to this question if you believe creation account of Genesis is to be taken as having happened literally.

Aman777 said:
Dear Kryptid, Absolutely. God told us all about it in Genesis one. Read Carefully:

en 1:20¶ And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Science has also learned the SAME thing, and it happened some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time. The cells within our bodies cannot live without liquid water. We have the same percentage of water in our bodies as there is water on the Earth and our Blood is the same salinity as the Ocean. One interesting thing about the fossil record is that it also shows the LIMITS of changes within "kinds" which are after Their kind and after His kind. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are saying. I asked if you think that all plants and animals came from primordial single-celled organisms and you say you agree, yet you also say that living things cannot evolve outside of their kinds? This seems like a contradiction. Please clarify.

rusra02

Premium Member
The relevance is that within evolution by natural selection we can expect to see useless things or suboptimal "design" in the living world. Another example is the Laryngeal nerve of the giraffe. Only a drunk designer could have done that, if it had been designed.

Ciao

- viole

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we need to be careful calling some organ vestigial or suboptimal. What may be suboptimal may be our knowledge of why an organism or part thereof was designed as it is. For example, regarding the Laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, the reasons for this design are discussed here.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we need to be careful calling some organ vestigial or suboptimal. What may be suboptimal may be our knowledge of why an organism or part thereof was designed as it is. For example, regarding the Laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, the reasons for this design are discussed here.

I think that the comment "why did natural selection not get rid of this worst design and improve it during the millions of generations of mutations from fish to the giraffe onward?" speaks volumes about the scientific competence of the author. This fact alone is enough to ridicule the whole article.

As usual, abysmal ignorance about evolution. Even a third grader knows that nature does not suddenly realize that a design is suboptimal so that it can rid it with one huge lucky mutation.

Evolution follows little steps. And if the end result is not optimal, but still functional, it is bound to stay. Not at all like a designer that thinks in advance.

So, back to men's nipples. Why do you think god created males with nipples? And if Adam did not have nipples, where do they come from?

Ciao

- viole

starless

"why did natural selection not get rid of this worst design and improve it during the millions of generations of mutations from fish to the giraffe onward?"

Embarrassing.

This crackpot, calling himself a scientist, obviously has no clue how natural selection works, and knows nothing about biology on top of that.

rusra02

Premium Member
I think that the comment "why did natural selection not get rid of this worst design and improve it during the millions of generations of mutations from fish to the giraffe onward?" speaks volumes about the scientific competence of the author. This fact alone is enough to ridicule the whole article.

As usual, abysmal ignorance about evolution. Even a third grader knows that nature does not suddenly realize that a design is suboptimal so that it can rid it with one huge lucky mutation.

Evolution follows little steps. And if the end result is not optimal, but still functional, it is bound to stay. Not at all like a designer that thinks in advance.

So, back to men's nipples. Why do you think god created males with nipples? And if Adam did not have nipples, where do they come from?

Ciao

- viole

Where did the author say that nature can get rid of a suboptimal design with one huge lucky mutation? You quoted him as saying "during the millions of generations of mutations from fish to the giraffe onward?" Your dismissal of this renowned scientist over something he didn't say is not valid. Also, why should men not have nipples?

rusra02

Premium Member
Embarrassing.

This crackpot, calling himself a scientist, obviously has no clue how natural selection works, and knows nothing about biology on top of that.

Yes, but he did not say what it is claimed he said.