• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why blame Islam?

faroukfarouk

If someone swears,insult or hurt my mother then my natural human reaction will be to warn that person not to take my mothers name.If he continues then i will give him a final warning that if he does not stop then i will kill him.
Now if this person continues with his insults then i have no option but to kill him.I will be labelled a murderer and the law of the country that i am living in will take its course.
My question is who do you blame for the murder?
Do you blame me or do you blame my religion Islam.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
If someone swears,insult or hurt my mother then my natural human reaction will be to warn that person not to take my mothers name.If he continues then i will give him a final warning that if he does not stop then i will kill him.
Now if this person continues with his insults then i have no option but to kill him.I will be labelled a murderer and the law of the country that i am living in will take its course.
I blame 100% of it on you for not using common sense in not following such a disgraceful and idiotic rule, contrary to the sustainability of our Human Society. If you kill ANYONE for mere words, no matter how many times they are spoken, you are lower than dirt.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

I blame you and the ideology that made you consider murder as an acceptable response to an insult.

Sees

Dragonslayer
It would depend if that was a tradition started, or propagated, by Islam...and if the tradition seems genuinely applicable to the specific circumstances, whether universally liked or detested.

Sort of like aggression/violence towards those who insult a religion. It may not be the perfect Muslim response, especially depending on particular circumstances involved, but we can say it has characteristics propagated by Islam and unequal representation comparatively - in support of such a view.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I blame you and definitely not Islam, because there is NOWHERE In the Holy Koran where it says to murder people for insulting your mother. That's just plain Insanity. In fact the Koranic penalty would probably be to behead or stone YOU. That and you are not welcome by me on this forum, find a hole and go crawl in it, you are just the kind of person we are fighting against here.

Unless you were speaking hypothetically, ie not serious, in which case you are forgiven.

Last edited:

faroukfarouk

I blame 100% of it on you for not using common sense in not following such a disgraceful and idiotic rule, contrary to the sustainability of our Human Society. If you kill ANYONE for mere words, no matter how many times they are spoken, you are lower than dirt.

So you agree that its my fault and i am lower than dirt.
And you do agree that no blame should be directed to my religion Islam.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I blame you and definitely not Islam, because there is NOWHERE In the Holy Koran where it says to murder people for insulting your mother. That's just plain Insanity. In fact the Koranic penalty would probably be to behead or stone YOU. That and you are not welcome by me on this forum, find a hole and go crawl in it, you are just the kind of person we are fighting against here.

Did you take the OP as a true story?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Insults by words,drawings ..etc doesn't deserve killing.

Abu Jahl insulted the prophet and his punishment was a verse which says that God won't guide Abu Jahl to Islam and he'll die as a disbeliever, so his punishment for insulting Islam and the prophet was determined by God and not by killing him on earth.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

A curious question. Is the situation you describe supposed to resemble something that actually happened somewhere?

As it is, it sounds somewhat... odd. Difficult to relate, perhaps. How often does any of us meet people who are willing to risk their lives in order to insult a specific person? And of those situations, how many present us such miserable lack of options?

I might blame Islam if I had reason to believe that it taught you to escalate such a situation needlessly, I suppose. But it is such an odd question that I am not sure.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Did you take the OP as a true story?

yes I did, is it supposed to obviously be a hypothetical?? IF so I will retract my statement when he admits he was testing us with a made up scenario.

faroukfarouk

It would depend if that was a tradition started, or propagated, by Islam...and if the tradition seems genuinely applicable to the specific circumstances, whether universally liked or detested.

Sort of like aggression/violence towards those who insult a religion. It may not be the perfect Muslim response, especially depending on particular circumstances involved, but we can say it has characteristics propagated by Islam and unequal representation comparatively - in support of such a view.

Please read my OP carefully and stop jumping to conclusions.
If any one even suggest that Islam propogates murder then he is talking absolute nonsence.

Sees

Dragonslayer
yes I did, is it supposed to obviously be a hypothetical?? IF so I will retract my statement when he admits he was testing us with a made up scenario.

Seems to be one...designed to divorce what a specific Muslim does with Islam itself.

Sees

Dragonslayer
If any one even suggest that Islam propogates murder then he is talking absolute nonsence.

It propagates the fighting for and defending of Islam...degrees and intensities differ in historical samples. What is perceived as an attack necessary for defense or fighting, differs. Hence why outrage over insult isn't a universal trait of religious traditions.

faroukfarouk

A curious question. Is the situation you describe supposed to resemble something that actually happened somewhere?

As it is, it sounds somewhat... odd. Difficult to relate, perhaps. How often does any of us meet people who are willing to risk their lives in order to insult a specific person? And of those situations, how many present us such miserable lack of options?

I might blame Islam if I had reason to believe that it taught you to escalate such a situation needlessly, I suppose. But it is such an odd question that I am not sure.

To answer your question yes its an actual event.
So i commit the murder to show the love i have for my mother and you blame my human reaction on my religion Islam.
Why do you blame Islam for my human reaction?

faroukfarouk

It propagates the fighting for and defending of Islam...degrees and intensities differ in historical samples. What is perceived as an attack necessary for defense or fighting, differs. Hence why outrage over insult isn't a universal trait of religious traditions.

What you are saying is Islam propogates murder if someone insults your mother.
Please get real.Your knowledge is Islam is very dangerous.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic

I blame Islam for indoctrinating you in the belief that murder is an acceptable/moral reaction to being offended, and you for mindlessly buying into that.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Is he? Right now it looks like you are describing a situation of assuming that some people simply are cruel offenders and oppressors that can't be reasoned with and will need to be killed eventually.

A common fear regarding Islam is that it might be ultimately (at least in its present form) simply too attached to a tribal mindset despite its own claims of being a religion for all of humanity.

Your example seems to support those fears, in that it does present a somewhat caricatural situation, with an offender that apparently is monstruous, actually inhuman even, from the get-go.

I might feel differently if some convincing explanation for how such an unlikely situation arose. Better yet, if some elaboration on which steps were attempted to avoid that escalation.

Deidre

Each and every person, is responsible for his/her actions…not an ideology.

Having said that, if someone has been indoctrinated into a particular ideology from a young age, it almost becomes a second skin of sorts for that person. The person is STILL responsible for his/her actions, and blaming the religion wouldn’t hold up in a court of law…BUT, indoctrination is a powerful tool. But, at the end of the day…human beings should have enough sense in their heads to not kill people on ‘behalf’ of an ideology.

Islam has some issue for sure, if you read the Qur’an at face value, without any interpretation and actually think that followers of Islam should live their lives as Muhammad once did. Christianity would have the same problems, if its followers literally interpreted the Bible, too.