• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Incels such hateful people ?

Massimo2002

I noticed that on incel Fourms the guys there are usually teenagers and young adults and they keep insulting me they don't want me in there group which is a real shame because I thought that identifying and mostly being an incel would bring like-minded people together but nope these Incels are all angry butter hateful people who get off on insulting others on the internet so much for a support group of any kind for men's issues and Male loneliness I think I'm alone now there doesn't seem to be anyone around.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not terribly familiar with this movement... but aren't incels kinda angry in general? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I noticed that on incel Fourms the guys there are usually teenagers and young adults and they keep insulting me they don't want me in there group which is a real shame because I thought that identifying and mostly being an incel would bring like-minded people together but nope these Incels are all angry butter hateful people who get off on insulting others on the internet so much for a support group of any kind for men's issues and Male loneliness I think I'm alone now there doesn't seem to be anyone around.

There are other forums out there, as well as real life activities to engage in. I've seen some of the incel forums you're referring to, and I really wouldn't want to spend any length of time in there. They do seem rather toxic.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not terribly familiar with this movement... but aren't incels kinda angry in general? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Not really.

How a masculine culture that favors sexual conquests gave us today’s ‘incels’

It is, point blank, a community of angry misogynists.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Not really.

That's kinda what I thought...

I admit what I know about the movement could fit on the head of a pin, but what I've run across seems to suggest its made up of men who are angry because supermodels(well, high maintenance women) aren't interested in becoming intimate with them. Because of that, they end up hating women in general(and men who have an easier time with them).

Yes, uniting in anything over anger and hate will only bring forth angry and hateful people...

Shaul

Premium Member
By definition they have reason to be frustrated. Frustration often leads to irritability. The more balanced incels redirect their energy through sublimation.

We Never Know

No Slack
Not really.

Yeah I googled "why are incels such hateful people and got that impression.
Reading the highlights of several articles it seems they are being tied to much violence from mass shooting to rundowns with vehicles.

Here are a couple sources. Don't know much about the sources though.

This talks about shootings

This one talks about running down 10 people with a van

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That would ignore the many other incels such as older single men or men living in sexless marriages.
You are right. I'm just going by what the OP says about it being mostly young men. Certainly we older single men are less affected by that.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's kinda what I thought...

I admit what I know about the movement could fit on the head of a pin, but what I've run across seems to suggest its made up of men who are angry because supermodels(well, high maintenance women) aren't interested in becoming intimate with them. Because of that, they end up hating women in general(and men who have an easier time with them).

Yes, uniting in anything over anger and hate will only bring forth angry and hateful people...
Yeah, I read The Conversation fairly regularly - because it's information written up by a bunch of experts with Ph.D.s complete with citations - so most of my awareness of the movement comes from more scholarly sources analyzing social movements.

It's gross. Like, super gross. To the point I become concerned about anyone who participates in any of it. Sadly, as the research shows, those who join these communities are already misogynist. They don't pick up their hatred of women entering those spaces, they already had it and carry it with them going in. More disturbing are the connections these groups have to real world violence. While not all participants engage in these acts of violence, the correlation is undeniable enough that they are increasingly flagged by antiterrorist watchdogs.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, I read The Conversation fairly regularly - because it's information written up by a bunch of experts with Ph.D.s complete with citations - so most of my awareness of the movement comes from more scholarly sources analyzing social movements.

It's gross. Like, super gross. To the point I become concerned about anyone who participates in any of it. Sadly, as the research shows, those who join these communities are already misogynist. They don't pick up their hatred of women entering those spaces, they already had it and carry it with them going in. More disturbing are the connections these groups have to real world violence. While not all participants engage in these acts of violence, the correlation is undeniable enough that they are increasingly flagged by antiterrorist watchdogs.
What gets me a bit(and I might be wrong), is that it seems to be upset not over not being able to attract women... but anger over not attracting a certain type of woman.

I wonder, if some of the movement is a response to how communications have changed. It seems more and more common that people don't date from a pool of people they know, and friends of friends, but rather through online dating services. While I've seen successful matches from this(have a few family members who this worked for), it removes some of the humanity from these experiences and makes it more like 'product'. Being as the incel movement seems most prevalent in younger men, I wonder if this push of 'attraction' being more like marketing than relationship makes it hard to relate to women as... well, human.

Just pondering...

We Never Know

No Slack
What gets me a bit(and I might be wrong), is that it seems to be upset not over not being able to attract women... but anger over not attracting a certain type of woman.

I wonder, if some of the movement is a response to how communications have changed. It seems more and more common that people don't date from a pool of people they know, and friends of friends, but rather through online dating services. While I've seen successful matches from this(have a few family members who this worked for), it removes some of the humanity from these experiences and makes it more like 'product'. Being as the incel movement seems most prevalent in younger men, I wonder if this push of 'attraction' being more like marketing than relationship makes it hard to relate to women as... well, human.

Just pondering...

Good timing. I was just reading about that.

"Involuntary celibates, or “incels,” are people who identify themselves by their inability to establish sexual partnerships. In this article, we use analytic abduction to qualitatively analyze 9,062 comments on a popular incel forum for heterosexual men that is characterized by extensive misogyny. Incels argue that emerging technologies reveal and compound the gender practices that produce involuntarily celibate men. First, incels argue that women’s use of dating apps accelerates hypergamy. Second, incels suggest that highly desirable men use dating apps to partner with multiple women. Third, incels assert that subordinate men inflate women’s egos and their “sexual marketplace value” through social media platforms. We argue that incels’ focus on technology reinforces essentialist views on gender, buttresses male domination, dehumanizes women, and minimizes incels’ own misogyny. We discuss findings in relation to theories of masculinity and social scientific research on the impacts of emerging technology.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Honestly I believe there are so many single, available women...today.
So the boys in question are not incels. They are single by choice, because they demand the Miss Universes as partners...and they are angry that the latter don't want them.
If they were content with little, they would have a partner.

They are voluntary celibates.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly I believe there are so many single, available women...today.
So the boys in question are not incels. They are single by choice, because they demand the Miss Universes as partners...and they are angry that the latter don't want them.
If they were content with little, they would have a partner.

They are voluntary celibates.
I wouldn't even say "content with little"... just content with "human".

The nice woman at the gas station is perhaps a bit chubby. Their sister's best friend has frizzy hair and dresses plainly. Their friendly coworker is too tall/short/skinny/fat, blah, blah, blah...