• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which existed first "something" or "nothing"?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, Siri can't do that. But can Jesus direct me to the nearest Thai restaurant? I don't think so. :p

After Armageddon ( earth's final war ) Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
Under Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth surely some of those people of good will can direct you to the nearest Thai restaurant or cook a Thai dinner for you.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I saw part of program were apparently they were using different sound frequencies on spread-out sand. I hope you'll have a comment about such a thing happening.
The sand particles arranged themselves into different shapes such as zebra strips or leopard spots, etc. Very interesting.
According to Psalms 104:30 God sends forth His spirit to create plus there was Never a beginning to God according to Psalms 90:2
However, before the visible material realm existed the invisible realm was already in existence - Genesis 1:1
Also, ' sound waves ' are mentioned in use by Jesus using the ' sound of his voice ' to command - Isaiah 11:4 B; Revelation 19:15
Yes...the principle is the same for EM waves of the frequency continuum....from the infinitesimal wavelengths to the infinite...producing the shape of spherical sub-atomic particles to galaxies and everything in between... So EM vibrations of the zpe undetectable to human technology can, through harmonic relationships, produce forms we can detect such as photons, electrons, etc....these arrange themselves as atoms...and so on...to solar systems, galaxies, etc...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes...the principle is the same for EM waves of the frequency continuum....from the infinitesimal wavelengths to the infinite...producing the shape of spherical sub-atomic particles to galaxies and everything in between... So EM vibrations of the zpe undetectable to human technology can, through harmonic relationships, produce forms we can detect such as photons, electrons, etc....these arrange themselves as atoms...and so on...to solar systems, galaxies, etc...

similar to the association I hold true.....
God did say.....I AM!
Let there be light!.....is synonymous.

Unification

Gotcha. I often have to correct believers who say the universe had a beginning or "came into existence."

Lol, you "have to correct believers."

You believe that this universe had a beginning and came into existence too.

You don't know if there was another universe before this universe, or if there were energy before this universe...so simply say "I don't know if there was" or you should focus on correcting your believing self that there was.

prometheus11

Lol, you "have to correct believers."

You believe that this universe had a beginning and came into existence too.

You don't know if there was another universe before this universe, or if there were energy before this universe...so simply say "I don't know if there was" or you should focus on correcting your believing self that there was.

Yes. I have to correct believers who insist that the Big Bang was a "beginning." It wasn't. It's an expansion of a point.

I have no idea if this universe had a beginning. That's not addressed by the Big Bang.

I have no idea if the singularity existed "forever" or "came into existence." That's not addressed by the Big Bang.

What "believing" do I need to correct?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Yes. I have to correct believers who insist that the Big Bang was a "beginning." It wasn't. It's an expansion of a point.

For our intents and purposes, it is the virtual beginning since there's no information available from "before" or "outside" of the universe. We can speculate about it, and its cause, but that's all we can do. For us, that's the beginning of reality.

Shad

Veteran Member
For our intents and purposes, it is the virtual beginning since there's no information available from "before" or "outside" of the universe. We can speculate about it, and its cause, but that's all we can do. For us, that's the beginning of reality.

If this were true then no one would be attempting to discover anything before it. So it is merely a beginning not the beginning. That difference is huge once you think about it.

prometheus11

It's not the beginning of our universe, though, so it's a lie to say it is. God believers like to point to the BB as being scientific proof of our universe beginning, but that's wrong.

Speculation is fine. Just don't lie and say it was the beginning of the universe.

Yes, we don't know what was "before" or "outside" the singularity. God is pure speculation.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It's not the beginning of our universe, though, so it's a lie to say it is. God believers like to point to the BB as being scientific proof of our universe beginning, but that's wrong.
Speculation is fine. Just don't lie and say it was the beginning of the universe.
Yes, we don't know what was "before" or "outside" the singularity. God is pure speculation.

Don't know Hebrew, but the words reshiyt and bereshiyt are used in Genesis as ' in ', ' with ', ' within'. Reshiyt as beginning of space or time from the root ' rosh' meaning head.
According to Scripture before the material/physical realm existed the invisible spirit realm was first.
Since God's spirit was used to create - Psalms 104:30, and Isaiah 40:26 connects creation with God's ' power and strength ' ( abundant energy ), then according to Scripture, God was the singularity ' before ' or ' outside ' the beginning of the material world. - Psalm 90:2

Could an explosion, or an expansion, on its own create order as in the organization of the universe.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I have no idea if this universe had a beginning. That's not addressed by the Big Bang.
I have no idea if the singularity existed "forever" or "came into existence." That's not addressed by the Big Bang.
What "believing" do I need to correct?

Not wanting to correct because we do Not have all the details.
Could the ' expansion of a point ' be the expanding or stretching out of some energy ?
Scripture teaches God used his ' strength and power ' ( energy ) to create the material realm - Isaiah 40:26; Isaiah 45:12; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 32:17
Scripture addresses that the ' singularity ' needed existed forever - Psalm 90:2 - God existed long before the material world.

prometheus11

Don't know Hebrew, but the words reshiyt and bereshiyt are used in Genesis as ' in ', ' with ', ' within'. Reshiyt as beginning of space or time from the root ' rosh' meaning head.
According to Scripture before the material/physical realm existed the invisible spirit realm was first.
Since God's spirit was used to create - Psalms 104:30, and Isaiah 40:26 connects creation with God's ' power and strength ' ( abundant energy ), then according to Scripture, God was the singularity ' before ' or ' outside ' the beginning of the material world. - Psalm 90:2

Could an explosion, or an expansion, on its own create order as in the organization of the universe.

I have no idea. Certainly the four fundamental forces can work on/with matter and energy to produce the sort of universe as we observe.

Are you claiming that the singularity (our universe before it inflated and then expanded and while all four forces were united) was less orderly and organized than the current universe? I don't know how anyone can claim that.

prometheus11

Not wanting to correct because we do Not have all the details.
Could the ' expansion of a point ' be the expanding or stretching out of some energy ?
Scripture teaches God used his ' strength and power ' ( energy ) to create the material realm - Isaiah 40:26; Isaiah 45:12; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 32:17
Scripture addresses that the ' singularity ' needed existed forever - Psalm 90:2 - God existed long before the material world.

Yes. (To your one question)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Awesome, thanks for your reply in post # 842. I hope everyone will view it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I have no idea. Certainly the four fundamental forces can work on/with matter and energy to produce the sort of universe as we observe.
Are you claiming that the singularity (our universe before it inflated and then expanded and while all four forces were united) was less orderly and organized than the current universe? I don't know how anyone can claim that.

Thanks for asking, but ' No ' Not saying less orderly or less organized, but you have given me pause in considering the words of Jeremiah 10:12 that God ' stretched out the heavens '.
That seems to be in harmony with with an inflated or expanded ( stretched out ) force or forces.

prometheus11

Thanks for asking, but ' No ' Not saying less orderly or less organized, but you have given me pause in considering the words of Jeremiah 10:12 that God ' stretched out the heavens '.
That seems to be in harmony with with an inflated or expanded ( stretched out ) force or forces.

Agreed. I've often wondered why none of the holy books describe a better analogy that would more closely match the separate epochs of our expanding universe. The only reason that makes sense to me is that no gods were involved in any of the stories. Humans were theorizing according to life's experiences.