• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you empty consciousness of its contents what's left?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Consciousness doesn't become empty or fill up.
The mind does that.

Dis-attach the consciousness from the physical mind and then you simple have... Being.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I don't understand the question. Can you elaborate, Stephen?

I was thinking of the argument that when discussing consciousness we confuse the contents of conscioiusness with consciousness.

If one were to take everything -all the objects and things - one is aware of out of consciousness what remains?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend stephenw,

one is aware of out of consciousness what remains?
AM not sure if one can be aware of being out of consciousness as awareness itself is consciousness rather being aware means to be conscious.
Plainly being out of consciousness is unconsciousness and subconsciousness, id etc.
When am tired physically and mentally am totally unconscious and even if someone steals all possessions or cuts the throat will not wake up.

Love & rgds

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I was thinking of the argument that when discussing consciousness we confuse the contents of conscioiusness with consciousness.

If one were to take everything -all the objects and things - one is aware of out of consciousness what remains?
It's not always a confusion; sometimes they actually are synonymous. For instance, without something to be aware of, what is awareness?