• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what's your favorite movie at Easter?

pearl

I satisfied my fix for Jesus Christ Superstar on Netflix.

from the article;
One lasting problem with this movie. as with the original play, is a fairly major omission: the resurrection. (This, one suspects, would probably not be St. Paul’s favorite video.) After the crucifixion, the players in the film version merely pile into a Volkswagen van and drive away—another arty, ’70s touch, but one that ultimately ignores a rather important element of the story of Jesus Christ. It’s probably better just to buy the LP (oops, CD) of the stage version and listen for its vivid presentation of the Passion.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I satisfied my fix for Jesus Christ Superstar on Netflix.

from the article;
One lasting problem with this movie. as with the original play, is a fairly major omission: the resurrection. (This, one suspects, would probably not be St. Paul’s favorite video.) After the crucifixion, the players in the film version merely pile into a Volkswagen van and drive away—another arty, ’70s touch, but one that ultimately ignores a rather important element of the story of Jesus Christ. It’s probably better just to buy the LP (oops, CD) of the stage version and listen for its vivid presentation of the Passion.

I have it on VHS, but I need some sort of converter to hook my VCR up to my flat panel. Maybe I should bring that old 13" inch TV down from the attic so I can watch my VHS collection. LOL

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I usually watch the Easter Beagle with my niece.

1711826313086.png

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We don't particularly do Easter but we always tend to watch the film Chocolate on easter sunday.

Some of it was filmed locally.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I was always a bigger fan of Godspell then of Jesus Christ Superstar (I make the comparison because they came out about the same time).