• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Did Russell ever claim to be inspired? If he did, do you have a reference?
I trust the people that showed love to me and directed me to the Bible as the source of direction. Jesus, the Apostles words and the entire Bible give me the direction I am looking for. Thank you, I always check the things I believe with what Jesus says and the Apostles.

Nobody else ever told me I can just quote Jesus and understand what I should believe. If Jesus doesn't talk about it, quote the Apostle's words.

Last edited:

RR144

Bible Student
I trust the people that showed love to me and directed me to the Bible as the source of direction. Jesus, the Apostles words and the entire Bible give me the direction I am looking for. Thank you, I always check the things I believe with what Jesus says and the Apostles.

Nobody else ever told me I can just quote Jesus and understand what I should believe. If Jesus doesn't talk about it, quote the Apostle's words.
And that has to do with my question, how?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I agree with Ajax the instructions in the Bible, are in conflict with each other, they do not agree at all.

Still even though they don't agree, each scripture is an instruction that is beneficial for us. :sparklingheart: :twohearts: Each scripture must be important somehow or it wouldn't be written down. Does anyone agree?
Context is everything with scripture, it is misleading to compare statements from various chapters and verses without taking into consideration the context to which the statements are made. What may appear to be contradictory may not be when context is taken into consideration. God loves and hates depending on the circumstances of an act, as we do, check the context.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

I appreciate your comment about source of direction. Before I studied the Bible in earnest I was confused and had no real guidelines to my life even though I went to church and looked into religion. Now thanks to the Almighty God, I do have guidelines. I am thankful and happy for that.