• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Your Favourite Argument For God.

DandyAndy

Someone wanted to know my opinion - I see know that this is basically a joke thread.

My serious answer as a Christian is the cosmological argument.

strikeviperMKII

ARGUMENT FROM FALLIBILITY
(1) Human reasoning is inherently flawed.
(2) Therefore, there is no reasonable way to challenge a proposition.
(3) I propose that God exists.
(4) Therefore, God exists.

ARGUMENT FROM SMUGNESS
(1) God exists.
(2) I don't give a crap whether you believe it or not; I have better things to do than to try to convince you morons.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

Yep. These have got to be my favorites.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I like the Apostle Pauls reasoning on the existence of God

"of course, every house is constructed by someone, but he that constructed all things, is God"

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I like the Apostle Pauls reasoning on the existence of God

"of course, every house is constructed by someone, but he that constructed all things, is God"

Caves were houses before modern houses, though they were not built by someone, rather naturally built.

Although it does not prove the existence of God, the Kalaam Cosmological Argument I fine fairly convincing. Of course, Aquinas' Teleological argument is to follow the previous.

However, the argument from human experience is what sells it to me.

Someone wanted to know my opinion - I see know that this is basically a joke thread.

My serious answer as a Christian is the cosmological argument.

I, too, like the Cosmological argument. However, even if it is found to be correct, it doesn't necessarily prove that there is a Creator, just that the universe was 'created'. I believe, and I speak out of turn, that modern science is discovering that the universe can 'create itself anew' as it expands. I wouldn't know too much about that.

The Neo Nerd

I, too, like the Cosmological argument. However, even if it is found to be correct, it doesn't necessarily prove that there is a Creator, just that the universe was 'created'. I believe, and I speak out of turn, that modern science is discovering that the universe can 'create itself anew' as it expands. I wouldn't know too much about that.

So what was the argument that convinced you of the existence of god?

-Q

rsd

ACBSP77
OK so tell me what your favorite argument for the existence of god is.

You see a bird's nest in a tree. Your friend wonders where it came from. You say, "Oh a little whirlwind scooped up all those twigs and threads and grass and twirled all of it right there on that branch."

Both begin to laugh. "Oh really?" Of course they are just teasing because it is so OBVIOUS that a bird made the bird nest.

So...well then...if it is so obvious that someone made the nest ....a bird.... then what about the bird? Who made the bird, which any scientist will tell you is a million times more complex that a nest?

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
You see a bird's nest in a tree. Your friend wonders where it came from. You say, "Oh a little whirlwind scooped up all those twigs and threads and grass and twirled all of it right there on that branch."

Both begin to laugh. "Oh really?" Of course they are just teasing because it is so OBVIOUS that a bird made the bird nest.

So...well then...if it is so obvious that someone made the nest ....a bird.... then what about the bird? Who made the bird, which any scientist will tell you is a million times more complex that a nest?

See the problem with this is that the human brain is VERY bad at math dealing with very large or very small numbers. 80,000 and 800,000 seem very much the same to our brain. So this is a fallacy in dealing with numbers that are outside the scope of our brains to process properly. If you have multiple whirlwinds and give it millions or billions of years, then eventually you get a "nest."

I think the argument I found most amusing was just about anything used by Intelligent Design. It amuses me to no end that Intelligent Design is satisfied by the assertion of ET creating the universe just as readily as "God did it."

I attempt to outline my thoughts regarding Unity (I don't like to use the term "God" anymore) here: http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...-lets-talk-cosmology-can-science-explain.html

MTF

IsmailaGodHasHeard

My favorite argument for God is this: Creation did not happen by itself. Meaning, the universe did not create itself, and neither did we.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Friend Quaxotic,

None!
God or CONSCIOUSNESS is beyond MIND and mind is that argues and still mind is when Consciousness IS. So there can be no arguments for or against Consciousness / God

Love & rgds

I agree. (on the serious account, but I´ve liked a lot of joky god arguments too :D)

tomteapack

tomteapack
One simple statement answers all the questions in all the religions about god---why does he allow evil, why do children get sick, why do bad things happen to good people, and on and on==all the apologetics that beat around the bush and provide NO answers are settled by one simple statement----There is no god or gods!

That puts paid to every religious question ever asked. The facts tend to dispel all nonsense.