• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Ultimate Reality?

Whyyyyy

It's up to you to define what is it...The reality is subjective, ultimately, depends on how you interpret whats happening around you...
The mind is super powerfull,
You can think as you will and even feel what you want within deep meditation states, like lucid dreaming...BUT...it may make sense to others as well, if they feel and interpret those feelings the same as you say.

I think whats great it's that we can share a common state and be able to feel with others the same way, to feel understood and know what I feel/think is real because other feel/think the same...

SpiritQuest

The Immortal Man
In the scriptures Jesus tells us to keep seeking for the truth, whatever that may be. Seek and do not stop seeking until you find. When you find, you will be shaken. When you are shaken, you will marvel and thus you will awaken. To know(gnosis) that the truth is within you as well as outside of you. When you know yourselves you will be known. And you will see and understand that you are creations of the living One. You could call this seeking a way of self inquiry, or meditation.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The simulation argument posits that we are living in some type of computer simulation...

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

We could all be computer programs running on a demon's lap-top computer.

But is the demon also a program on some other being's computer?

Where is the ultimate level or "true" reality?
There are a couple of problems I have with this. First its just a model and doesn't explain ultimate anything, because if we are a simulation then the question of ultimate reality remains for the ones doing the simulating. Second it requires that there is time outside of our reality, since a simulation takes time. There's no reason to presume that time is anything beyond a perception of ours.

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
God had embedded eternity into our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3:11), which is why we tend to think we have a sense of a reality beyond our subjective experience. This means that or it can be pondered that the ultimate reality, the true reality is beyond our dimensional comprehension.

To use an analogy, this life on earth is a caterpillar on a branch, and the reality of the caterpillars life on the branch is stretched and magnified when the caterpillar becomes a butterfly. Light for example, the caterpillar only saw a small portion of it's colours due to biological limitations, but as a butterfly it saw the entire light spectrum meaning new colours.

Human beings as a whole have always exercised probabilities unconsciously (we are theistic by default not atheistic) and sought ways to make sense of these things through logic, reasoning and through scientific applications as some studies bring to light. Will we eventually be on the verge of acknowledging and proving that there is indeed a reality, a "true" reality beyond this world? Seems so.

Researchers claim that humans have souls which can live on after death.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
In the scriptures Jesus tells us to keep seeking for the truth, whatever that may be. Seek and do not stop seeking until you find. When you find, you will be shaken. When you are shaken, you will marvel and thus you will awaken. To know(gnosis) that the truth is within you as well as outside of you. When you know yourselves you will be known. And you will see and understand that you are creations of the living One. You could call this seeking a way of self inquiry, or meditation.

One of the things I love about Christianity is the symbolism of Christ on the Cross. By giving himself up ultimately to reality, he is able to connect with "God" (the universe) and taste the fruit of that other tree in the Garden.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Ymir; Ah now we see...lol....You fully believe that a made up "game world" is the most important lol - pay far more attention to DELUSION than you do to any ACTUAL reality - and thus you struggle so here to comprehemd when others speak of their direct experiences....

because you struggle to comprehend the real world so, you laugh at and attempt to ridicule some here - but honestly - the truly ridiculous thing is a fully grown adult mature man, placing your attention so centrally on a purely fictitious made up "reality" and then trying to pass judgement on others as if that experience gives you any actual knowldge....lol......that TRULY is funny :) at least I can say I have LIVED my experience directly and take my truth from that directly - you though seem to find your truth in made up kiddie games....lol... Yer - that makes you a top notch "authority" on whats real and whats fake and we should trust YOUR judgement clearly lol ;)

HeatherAnn

It's up to you to define what is it...The reality is subjective, ultimately, depends on how you interpret whats happening around you...
The mind is super powerfull,
You can think as you will and even feel what you want within deep meditation states, like lucid dreaming...BUT...it may make sense to others as well, if they feel and interpret those feelings the same as you say.

I think whats great it's that we can share a common state and be able to feel with others the same way, to feel understood and know what I feel/think is real because other feel/think the same...
I admire that you pointed out an essential aspect of philosophy - inherent subjectivity.

2 types of reality:
1) Reality that others confirm
2) One's own subjective but "real" influence (like placebo) from beliefs

Straw Dog

Where is the ultimate level or "true" reality?

Recently, I've been entertaining arguments for conscious realism. What constitutes 'reality' are conscious agents all the way down. Perspectives do not reflect an objective or independent reality because they've evolved to an acceptable level of fitness rather than to an optimal level of representation. We need to take our points of view seriously, but not literally. In short, everyday experiences are ultimate reality.

Last edited: