• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is our ultimate destiny?

MD

qualiaphile
In my opinion, we no more have an ultimate destiny than do carp, anteaters, elephants or gibbons.

The only difference is that we have a capacity for narrative that they appear to lack so we have the ability to create destinies for our species.

Perhaps the fact that we can create our own destiny, is part of a greater picture itself. Perhaps the purpose of life is to become more and more complex, to reach a point where it can begin to shape the universe for itself.

Perhaps the fact that we can create our own destiny, is part of a greater picture itself. Perhaps the purpose of life is to become more and more complex, to reach a point where it can begin to shape the universe for itself.

Personally, like the ancients, I see history as being cyclical rather than progressive. History has no direction and reaches no point.

The problem with life becoming more and more complex is that, as a species, we are really bad at dealing with complexity and tend to mess things up, but we never learn this and always think we are wiser than we actually are.

Would likely turn into a collective 'hold my beer while I shape the universe' type scenario.

MD

qualiaphile
Personally, like the ancients, I see history as being cyclical rather than progressive. History has no direction and reaches no point.

The problem with life becoming more and more complex is that, as a species, we are really bad at dealing with complexity and tend to mess things up, but we never learn this and always think we are wiser than we actually are.

Would likely turn into a collective 'hold my beer while I shape the universe' type scenario.

I think in a few millennia we will have changed so much that we won't even be the same species anymore. Genetic engineering and technological enhancements will change us.

I don't think modern humans will exist in a thousand years, but overall life is moving towards greater and greater complexity. I know this sounds a bit Kurzweilian but I think the evidence shows that life is moving in that direction. Sure there will be peaks and troughs, triumphs and collapses, but overall the trend is moving in a positive linear direction.

Milton Platt

This thread was started to ask you, the folks of RF, what you think the ultimate destiny of humanity is, if there is one at all?

I believe our ultimate destiny ties in heavily with my religious belief of good triumphing over evil. It ties in with the idea that order should overcome chaos, that justice should overcome injustice and that truth is more important than victory.

To actualize this belief, we must all become the best versions of ourselves. We must be strong and moral characters in the universal dance between good and evil, and push ourselves physically, intellectually and spiritually towards our own ultimate potential, which I believe is infinite. We should always be vigilant of injustice, and always defend the importance of truth.

On a grander scale, we are meant to reach the stars and expand into the universe. We must expand our civilization, our bodies and our minds to heights we cannot even imagine and to the point that we can defeat the greatest source of chaos, entropy. Such goals would take eons to achieve.

What do you think our ultimate destiny as a species is?

To die when the sun super novas????

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Our destiny is whatever, to destroy ourselves, or to live on in peace, it really doesn't matter, when we are gone there will be another form of whatever to take our place, maybe they will do better, it doesn't matter.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This thread was started to ask you, the folks of RF, what you think the ultimate destiny of humanity is, if there is one at all?

I believe our ultimate destiny ties in heavily with my religious belief of good triumphing over evil. It ties in with the idea that order should overcome chaos, that justice should overcome injustice and that truth is more important than victory.

To actualize this belief, we must all become the best versions of ourselves. We must be strong and moral characters in the universal dance between good and evil, and push ourselves physically, intellectually and spiritually towards our own ultimate potential, which I believe is infinite. We should always be vigilant of injustice, and always defend the importance of truth.

On a grander scale, we are meant to reach the stars and expand into the universe. We must expand our civilization, our bodies and our minds to heights we cannot even imagine and to the point that we can defeat the greatest source of chaos, entropy. Such goals would take eons to achieve.

There is no ultimate destiny.

Super Universe

Defender of God

Our destiny as a species is to evolve into beings who know everything that the beings in heaven know.

2X4

In my observations of the world, that human moral experiment isn't working very well. It appears evil wins in most cases. It's a good thing the plan is to end chaos and entropy soon.