• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is normal?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As I said, horrible education is to blame before they are.
and horrible education is to blame for all the diversity.

I think it's more to the influence of your surroundings.
the natural (normal) tendency to wanna be part of the pack.

Remember flip tail hairdos and leather jackets?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Education only teaches you what they consider normal.

Uh, if normality is a statistical number it is objective for each population. The measures are done the same way, it's literally math. Obviously normality will vary across populations, but the that just makes the concept now effective. A collectivist country is going to use the same equations as individualistic country and their normals will fit population. However, humans are humans as well.

When you reject normality, essentially when you reject the existence of statistical means, you demand a level playing field when one can't exist. You only build stairs and expect those in wheelchairs to walk up them. When you have abnormality you accept that all people have different benefits, flaws, needs, etc.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Uh, if normality is a statistical number it is objective for each population. The measures are done the same way, it's literally math. Obviously normality will vary across populations, but the that just makes the concept now effective. A collectivist country is going to use the same equations as individualistic country and their normals will fit population. However, humans are humans as well.

When you reject normality, essentially when you reject the existence of statistical means, you demand a level playing field when one can't exist. You only build stairs and expect those in wheelchairs to walk up them. When you have abnormality you accept that all people have different benefits, flaws, needs, etc.
I don't know what your on about, but what we consider as normal, is nothing more than what we believe to work as a society, its a norm for that and nothing else, to another society it maybe not a norm, and so it goes on.

Premium Member
I don't know what your on about, but what we consider as normal, is nothing more than what we believe to work as a society, its a norm for that and nothing else, to another society it maybe not a norm, and so it goes on.

"Normal" is based on statistical average. I have no idea how this hasn't gotten through.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
"Normal" is based on statistical average. I have no idea how this hasn't gotten through.
It hasn't got through because you don't understand what I am trying to say, you are seeing normal as we as humans see it, but I am saying that, that means nothing to all there is, its only our minds that make it so, and that means nothing to the universe, now do you get it.

Premium Member
It hasn't got through because you don't understand what I am trying to say, you are seeing normal as we as humans see it, but I am saying that, that means nothing to all there is, its only our minds that make it so, and that means nothing to the universe, now do you get it.

I'm saying normal as we have defined the word. We created it, we define it.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Probably because of statisticians and statistical literature. After all, it's hard for this "statistical average" nonsense to "get through" when it isn't reflected in statistics.