• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are Your Three Favorite Movie Genres?

What are your three favorite movie genres?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Please pick only the three genres you like the most. I realize that someone could like all or most of the genres on the list, but for the purpose of the poll, I would prefer to narrow down the choices a bit.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine (in order of preference):
  1. Horror
  2. Disaster
  3. Thriller.
The three genres intersect considerably, though, as there are many movies that combine two or more of them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Please pick only the three genres you like the most. I realize that someone could like all or most of the genres on the list, but for the purpose of the poll, I would prefer to narrow down the choices a bit.
"Alien" created the combination of horror, thriller, drama, action, & sci fi.
"Aliens" ramped up the action component.
And the extended version added drama (Ripley's basis for her relationship with Newt).

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I struggle to pick just three. Movie quality is more important to me than genre.
  1. Comedy
  2. Sci-Fi
  3. Action
Additionally, most of my favorite movies cross genres.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Fantasy, comedy, and other (documentaries). Documentaries don't really qualify as historical movies, imo. I usually gravitate towards either ancient history or true crime documentaries, personally

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Fantasy, comedy, and other (documentaries). Documentaries don't really qualify as historical movies, imo. I usually gravitate towards either ancient history or true crime documentaries, personally

For filmmaking purposes, when can one's childhood legitimately qualify as ancient history?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Same here. My favorite movies tend to be supernatural-horror dramas.
Here's an example of what I'm saying. My favorite movie franchise, The Matrix, crosses into six other genres...

1715281136750.png

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
The original Matrix was such an amazing movie! It sparked my interest in philosophy when I was in my early teens.

What's your favorite movie in the franchise?
The original is the best, but I think the sequels are often too harshly criticized. While they're not as good as the first, I don't think they're as bad as others say they are.