• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What and Why

Satyamavejayanti

Please on a personal level, please provide your thoughts. No scriptural copy and paste, just actual thoughts that matter.

1) What have you realized from Hinduism?

2) What have you gained from being a part of Hinduism?

3) What does Hinduism offer you in your life?

4) Why do you choose to associate your self with the Hindu religion?

For me personally,

1) I have realized that in Hinduism there are many approaches to answer life's many obstacles, in fact i realized that Hinduism as a whole is a approach of many rishis, swamis, gurus ect to guide a person to a happy and content life.

2) Personally, i gained a identity, this is not the only gain but i consider it most important.

3) Hinduism offers to me absolute freedom to choose my spiritual outlook, freedom to think about my actions and freedom to acquire as much as knowledge as i want about anything in life.

4) I associate with this religion because it offers a meaning and purpose of my existence in more then just one way, it tells me to realize my self, and helps me to understand who i am, it gives me a identity in this world, and freedom to be accountable for my actions. I also find the most sublime philosophy in Hinduism.

OHM TATH SAT

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
Please on a personal level, please provide your thoughts. No scriptural copy and paste, just actual thoughts that matter.

1.) With Hinduism I have been able to give a name to the beliefs and ideas I have had for a long time but had no words for. It is a relief to say to go to a temple and say to myself, "I'm home."
2.) I've gained a wealth of experiences in Indian Culture, and way to connect with the divine that I thought was dormant and a model for living my life.
3.) Peace of mind, a way to achieve contentment in my life and a way to see others in a positive light despite their actions and beliefs.
4.) Hinduism is vast - there is some negative aspects, but it is predominantly a faith of positive energy, acceptance, love and the pursuit of wisdom. Even if I have not nearly mastered all these, they are things I aspire to and wish to be associated with.

:camp:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

1) I've realised I can change ... habits, way I deal with other people, etc., by first understanding, then confronting, and finally using techniques to produce a positive outcome more in alignment with dharma.
2) Friends, camaraderie, insights, depth, love, respect, hopefully some character
3) The opportunity to get closer to god, my real Self.
4) It's not a choice. :) I could no more stop being a Hindu than I could stop feeding this physical body.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

That existence makes sense; we are all one; we all have divinity in us; God is not some angry being.

An appreciation for and closeness to God. That is, I'm now willing to let God guide me by surrendering to him. Changes taking place in my thoughts and actions that were absent before and would probably never happen.

Comfort when the chips are down. i.e. a light at the end of the tunnel.

For the reasons above.

ratikala

Istha gosthi

that ultimately I am not this temporary existance .:p

shanti :namaste

shelter :namaste and a focus for ones devotion :namaste
the rationality of sanatana dharma :namaste

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member

1.) That we are all on our own paths. Whatever works for you may not work for someone else and vice versa. Unless serious harm comes to an individual or to others, then no one's path is "wrong" (sorry anti-universalists :D ). I've also realized that history and philosophy play an important role in spiritual life; at least in my opinion.

2.) A further love of culture, meditation, philosophy, history, psychology, literature, etc.

3.) The search for knowledge and the ability to experience said knowledge.

4.) Because "Hinduism" isn't as much an organized religion, but an umbrella term for many religions. If one looks deep enough, then there is something for everybody.

Satyamavejayanti

Dhanyavad all so far for your replies, i see some similarities of experiences in Hinduism which is comforting.

OHM TATH SATH