• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We might be God's simulated ancestors!

Do you suspect we might be God's simulated ancestors?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Suave

Simulated character
Please allow me to posit God as being a posthuman technologically super advanced civilization living in base reality from where they have programmed simulated beings and simulated universes by some sort of powerful computer. Technologically advanced computers programmed by a posthuman technologically super advanced civilization might be performing an ancestral simulation whereby the actions of the posthuman technologically super advanced civilization ancestors' brain neurons are being realistically simulated along with the brain's sensory input having enough accuracy to convince each simulated character that he/she is real.

Indications we might be living in a simulated reality:

1. A particle passing through a double-slit behaves as a wave causing an interference pattern when unobserved, but this same particle doesn't create an interference pattern when its path of travel can be determined by an observer. This collapse of the wave-function could be happening in order to save computational resources necessary for our simulated reality.

2. This mark of intelligence left in our genetic coding might be indicative of an intelligent designer, who may be responsible for the simulation of our reality. Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

3. Theoretical physicist Dr. S. James Gates Jr. claims that a certain string theory, super-symmetrical equations describing the nature and reality of our universe, contains embedded computer codes; these codes have digital data in the form of 0's and 1's identical to what makes web browsers function, and they're error-correct codes.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
What is being simulated? And Why?

That's an excellent question. I'm guessing an ancestral simulation is being done for our distant posthuman descendants to perhaps better understand their evolutionary history. Of course, an ancestral simulation could also be done for them to learn something else or simply for entertainment value.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That's an excellent question. I'm guessing an ancestral simulation is being done for our distant posthuman descendants to perhaps better understand their evolutionary history. Of course, an ancestral simulation could also be done for them to learn something else or simply for entertainment value.

Ah, Bug in a Glass hypothesis. Entertainment.

If they have the ability to create simulated realities, what else is there for some "post human" to need to know?

In order to simulate evolutionary history, they would have to program the exact course of evolution, and thus already know that history.

Nimos

1. A particle passing through a double-slit behaves as a wave causing an interference pattern when unobserved, but this same particle doesn't create an interference pattern when its path of travel can be determined by an observer. This collapse of the wave-function could be happening in order to save computational resources necessary for our simulated reality.
Could it be explained by the observer effect? like when you measure the pressure in a tire, you have to let a bit of air out to get the pressure and thereby you don't get the exact pressure?

2. This mark of intelligence left in our genetic coding might be indicative of an intelligent designer, who may be responsible for the simulation of our reality. Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.
Wouldn't this be true for anything? Let me ask in another way.

What number would you expect it to be, if it weren't designed? Is it a specific number or anything other than 37? And if that is the case why would that prove that there is no intelligent designer?

3. Theoretical physicist Dr. S. James Gates Jr. claims that a certain string theory, super-symmetrical equations describing the nature and reality of our universe, contains embedded computer codes; these codes have digital data in the form of 0's and 1's identical to what makes web browsers function, and they're error-correct codes.
To me this part is the most interesting one, I don't know how they make the distinction of that of computer language and that of merely natural structuring. And if there are error corrections in these, wouldn't we expect to see errors occurring on a regular basis as the program or what to call it, must be capable of that?

But nonetheless it is interesting, but I would be fairly skeptical about referring to these as being intelligently designed, compared to simply being the only option. I don't know how one would tell the difference?

Suave

Simulated character
Could it be explained by the observer effect? like when you measure the pressure in a tire, you have to let a bit of air out to get the pressure and thereby you don't get the exact pressure?

The observer effect is removed by how the delayed-choice quantum-eraser experiment is set-up.

Figure 1

Delayed+choice+experiment+basic+experiment.jpg

Figure 1. Setup of the delayed-choice quantum-eraser experiment of Kim et al. Detector D0 is movable

Figure 2. Simulated recordings of photons jointly detected between D0 and D1, D2, D3, D4(R01, R02, R03, R04)

KimDelayedChoiceQuantumEraserGraphsGIF.gif

The experimental setup of the earliest performed DCQE involved an argon laser that shot 351.1 nm photons which went through a double-slit apparatus. After an individual photon went through one (or both) of the 2 slits, a Beta Barium Borate Crystal converted the photon into 2 identical entangled photons at half the original photon's frequency. The paths followed by each of the entangled photons were caused to become diverged by a Glan-Thompson Prism. One of these 702.2 nm photons (the signal photon) then traveled on a path from the Glan-Thompson Prism to a lens and then to a detector designated as D0. This point was scanned along its X-axis. A plot of the "signal photon counts" recorded at D0 versus X were examined to determine if the cumulative signal formed an interference pattern. The other entangled photon (the idler photon) went from the Glan-Thompson Prism to another prism where the idler photon was then deflected along a divergent path, depending upon which slit the photon went through. Beyond this path split, the idler photons encountered beam splitters that gave the idler photon a 50% chance of passing through and a 50% chance of being reflected by a mirror. The beam splitters and mirrors directed the idler photons towards detectors which were designated as D1,D2,D3 and D4. This experiment was setup so if an idler photon was recorded at D1 or D2, then this detected photon could have passed through either slit. If an idler photon were recorded at D3, then it must have passed through the one slit designated as Slit B. If an idler photon were recorded at D4, then it must have only passed though the one slit designated as Slit A. The optical pathway from slit to D1,D2,D3 and D4 was 2.5m longer than the pathway length from slit to D0. Thus, information acquired from an idler photon would occur 8ns later than information acquired from the corresponding entangled signal photon. The idler photon recorded at D3 or D4 provided a delayed "which-path" indication of whether the signal photon with which it was entangled had gone through Slit A or B. Whereas, the idler photon recorded at D1 or D2 provided a delayed indication that such "which-path" information was not available for its entangled signal photon. The experiment used a coincidence counter to isolate the entangled signal from photo-noise, recording only events where both signal and idler photons had been detected. ( after compensating for the 8ns delay ) When signal photons whose entangled idler photons were recorded at D1 or D2, the experimenters detected an interference pattern. When signal photons whose entangled idler photons were recorded at D3 or D4, the experimenters detected a simple diffraction patterns with no interference.

Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 1 (2000) - Delayed ``Choice'' Quantum Eraser

Reference: Delayed “Choice” Quantum Eraser Yoon-Ho Kim, Rong Yu, Sergei P. Kulik, Yanhua Shih, and Marlan O. Scully Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 1 – Published 3 January 2000 Issue
Vol. 84, Iss. 1 — 3 January 2000

The DCQE is unlike the classic double-slit experiment, in that the choice to preserve or obfuscate the which-path information of the idler photon was not done until 8ns after the position of its corresponding signal photon had already been measured at D0.

Although, an idler photon was unobserved until after its corresponding entangled signal photon arrived at D0, interference at D0 was determined by whether a signal photon's entangled idler photon was recorded at D1 or D2 which was on a pathway where the photon's "which-path" information had been obfuscated, or at D3 or D4 which was on a pathway where the photon's "which-path" information was preserved.

Wouldn't this be true for anything? Let me ask in another way.

What number would you expect it to be, if it weren't designed? Is it a specific number or anything other than 37? And if that is the case why would that prove that there is no intelligent designer?

I would not expect there to be a mathematical depiction of an Egyptian triangle stored within genetic coding if it were a naturally occurring phenomenon. The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Reminds me of something resembling Memnoch the Devil but with a computer instead of organic Creation.

Eddi

Christian Agnostic
Premium Member
I voted "maybe"

I used to completely believe in Sim Theory because I believed that The Simulation communicated with me

I now no longer think that therefore I now lack the primary reason I had to believe in it (although granted, this disbelief may be mistaken)

So consider me agnostic on this issue

Can I ask, @Suave what motivated you to look into Sim Theory, what inspired you to make this thread? Why do you really believe?

Something must have motivated you to look into this and put together this thread, which you have obviously researched for

You have invested time and effort in this, why does it interest you?

Suave

Simulated character
I voted "maybe"

I used to completely believe in Sim Theory because I believed that The Simulation communicated with me

I now no longer think that therefore I now lack the primary reason I had to believe in it (although granted, this disbelief may be mistaken)

So consider me agnostic on this issue

Can I ask, @Suave what motivated you to look into Sim Theory, what inspired you to make this thread? Why do you really believe?

Something must have motivated you to look into this and put together this thread, which you have obviously researched for

You have invested time and effort in this, why does it interest you?

The movie the Matrix inspired me to at least consider the possibility of there being a simulated universe. I suspect Nick Bostrom might be correct about us living in an ancestral simulation. I also agree with Elon Musk belief of us very likely living in a simulated universe. I see signs of me and my perceived universe as likely being simulated.

2. There's a mark of intelligence left in our genetic coding perhaps indicative of an intelligent designer who might be responsible for the simulation of our reality. Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

3. 3. Theoretical physicist Dr. S. James Gates Jr. claims that a certain string theory, super-symmetrical equations describing the nature and reality of our universe, contains embedded computer codes; these codes have digital data in the form of 0's and 1's identical to what makes web browsers function, and they're error-correct codes.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But simulating Evolution as well? That's a little bit much. No, to me it seems too far fetched.

If they wanted to simulate a single time period that would be much easier than simulating all of History. Otherwise they'd have to keep intervening to correct anomalies in the outcomes, since very tiny changes in starting conditions result in large changes to any system. To simulate all of History would be no simulation at all. It would have to be constantly restarted every second, to correct anomalies and bring it back into sync with History. There could be no continuous simulation with consistent results. So then the question becomes why this period? Why are they simulating me? What importance could I possibly have?

Jeremiah Ames

Please allow me to posit God as being a posthuman technologically super advanced civilization living in base reality from where they have programmed simulated beings and simulated universes by some sort of powerful computer. Technologically advanced computers programmed by a posthuman technologically super advanced civilization might be performing an ancestral simulation whereby the actions of the posthuman technologically super advanced civilization ancestors' brain neurons are being realistically simulated along with the brain's sensory input having enough accuracy to convince each simulated character that he/she is real.

Indications we might be living in a simulated reality:

I had to vote “maybe”

Who knows anything for sure?