• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus, Adam?

Reggie Miller

wrong, prophecy takes three forms. warning to avert, aka jonah. precognitive as in a pregnancy, death, aka the maji knowing the birth of jesus, and past knowing information from the past that is later discovered to be historically true.

edgar cayce predicted the pole shift, foretold of the finding of the gnostic gospels, et al

But has he ever been wrong about anything?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But has he ever been wrong about anything?

again, a warning prophecy ignored is one that is realized. a warning prophecy that is accepted isn't realized. the people of Nineveh repented and the prophecy wasn't fulfilled.

yes, some of his predictions didn't come true. there is nothing set in stone. even jesus couldn't heal those who were unwilling to believe. jesus said you can do all these things and more. he didn't say that there wouldn't be any future tzaddik

allfoak

Alchemist
i was following the line of progression.

palingenesis is the oldest term and yes the spirit(mind/intelligence/consciousness) enters the body as the breath of life sometime just prior to birth, or shortly there after from what I've learned. it hopefully exits from the top of the skull, in the same way it enters, upon death. palingenesis comes from two greek words: palin + genesis

metempsychosis came later and then reincarnation was coined last.

in some systems the spirit takes a form, or mode, of matter. it becomes more/less dense. as it moves through the spheres it eventually becomes light light as you know is both a particle and a wave. so light itself has two state; which seems to be a paradox.
That all sounds reasonable.
Paradox is my favorite.
Many don't even want to admit that they are so prevalent in life.
All paradox can be reconciled however, if not, we are to be most pitied to be left in such a condition.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That all sounds reasonable.
Paradox is my favorite.
Many don't even want to admit that they are so prevalent in life.
All paradox can be reconciled however, if not, we are to be most pitied to be left in such a condition.

were you aware that pythagoras lived with the essene for some time?

i can't recall exactly where I read it but this shows that the pythagoreans borrowed possibly from the essenes; which means they had to have some sort of relationship/connection.

Among those who borrowed from the Essenes were especially Pythagoras and the Stoics; their disciples while returning from Egypt did likewise [this casts new light on Josephus' identification of the Essenes with the Pythagoreans: "Ant." xv. 10, § 4]; for they affirm that there will be a Judgment Day and a burning up of the world, and that the wicked will be eternally punished.

Reggie Miller

again, a warning prophecy ignored is one that is realized. a warning prophecy that is accepted isn't realized. the people of Nineveh repented and the prophecy wasn't fulfilled.

yes, some of his predictions didn't come true. there is nothing set in stone. even jesus couldn't heal those who were unwilling to believe. jesus said you can do all these things and more. he didn't say that there wouldn't be any future tzaddik

Yes, but the God says in the Bible that a false prophet shall be made known when he makes a prophecy that is incorrect.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, but the God says in the Bible that a false prophet shall be made known when he makes a prophecy that is incorrect.

you follow the OT?then jesus failed. repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. not everyone repented; especially the people of his own kind.

allfoak

Alchemist
were you aware that pythagoras lived with the essene for some time?

i can't recall exactly where I read it but this shows that the pythagoreans borrowed possibly from the essenes; which means they had to have some sort of relationship/connection.

Among those who borrowed from the Essenes were especially Pythagoras and the Stoics; their disciples while returning from Egypt did likewise [this casts new light on Josephus' identification of the Essenes with the Pythagoreans: "Ant." xv. 10, § 4]; for they affirm that there will be a Judgment Day and a burning up of the world, and that the wicked will be eternally punished.

Yes i am aware of the connections of which you speak.
I see know reason to take the judgement day thing literally.
If not literal then what?
Scripture is written in the language of the soul.
It is to be understood on three levels, body, mind and spirit.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

?????
Yes, the first Adam was cast out of the Spiritual kingdom, symbolized by the being cast out of the Garden of Eden, and the last Adam, Christ, reopened the portal leading to the Spiritual kingdom symbolized by the Curtain leading into the inner Sanctorum of the Temple being torn open at the time of his death. Matthew 27:51.

arthra

Baha'i
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

In a sense we Baha'is believe both Adam and Jesus were Manifestations of God. I'll explain...

We accept the Teachings of Moses, Jesus, Abraham and Adam because unmistakably they came to educate humanity.

~ Abdul-Baha

(SOW - Star of the West, Star of the West - 2)

Baha'u'llah cites a Hadith attributed to Prophet Muhammad:

Thus hath Muhammad, the Point of the Qur'án, revealed: "I am all the Prophets." Likewise, He saith: "I am the first Adam, Noah, Moses, and Jesus."

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 51)

Kelly of the Phoenix

I believe it means Jesus was a new creation. Did not inherit the sin of Adam.
I would accept that more had Jesus been made of dirt instead of born of the very species that was giving God headaches.

The measure of a true prophet is 100% accuracy. No "modern prophet" can claim that.
Still waiting on proof any of them can say that ... with a straight face.

Then the biblical prophets should probably not be so loud as to let everyone know.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I would accept that more had Jesus been made of dirt instead of born of the very species that was giving God headaches.

It was Adam who sinned, and since the curses are gender specific, Jesus, not having an earthly father, separated him from Adam, and the curses passed down by the father.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In a sense we Baha'is believe both Adam and Jesus were Manifestations of God. I'll explain...

We accept the Teachings of Moses, Jesus, Abraham and Adam because unmistakably they came to educate humanity.

~ Abdul-Baha

(SOW - Star of the West, Star of the West - 2)

Baha'u'llah cites a Hadith attributed to Prophet Muhammad:

Thus hath Muhammad, the Point of the Qur'án, revealed: "I am all the Prophets." Likewise, He saith: "I am the first Adam, Noah, Moses, and Jesus."

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 51)

you're stating that the same spirit of muhammad was the same as jesus?

Kelly of the Phoenix

It was Adam who sinned, and since the curses are gender specific, Jesus, not having an earthly father, separated him from Adam, and the curses passed down by the father.
But the bible loves to blame Eve for it, though, even though, technically, she was never told what the rule was as she hadn't been created yet.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
But the bible loves to blame Eve for it, though, even though, technically, she was never told what the rule was as she hadn't been created yet.
She knew the rule, she quoted it to Satan when asked. But then Satan twisted the meaning and confused her. She was deceived but Adam was not deceived when he ate the fruit. Sin entered the world through Adam not Eve. Or maybe Adam was held responsible for Eve since he was probably supposed to teach her the rules.

1 cor 15:22 The Order of Resurrection
…For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own turn: Christ the first fruits; then at His coming, those who belong to Him.…

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

?????
The first Adam could not give life to a separated spirit but the second could. They are two different entities (if you look at it in the Christian understanding). The first Adam brought death... the second brought life. One was brought out from the natural (the ground) the other from the spiritual (The Word).