• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes Indeed, Supernatural is Spiritual. Why do you think Yeshua/Jesus Walked on Water and Controlled the Wind? These things are only for the Disciples. The Real Yeshua/Jesus Destroys what you call Humanity.

supernatural
1 of, relating to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.
2 of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or attributed to God or a deity.

Yes, supernatural is beyond nature but that does not mean it is spiritual.

spiritual
relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

I do not believe that Jesus walked on water but so what if He did?
How does it help anyone if a man can walk on water? What purpose does it serve for spirituality?

Water is a material thing, a physical thing.

Question.—It is recorded that miracles were performed by Christ. Are the reports of these miracles really to be accepted literally, or have they another meaning? It has been proved by exact science that the essence of things does not change, and that all beings are under one universal law and organization from which they cannot deviate; and, therefore, that which is contrary to universal law is impossible.

Answer.—The Holy Manifestations are the sources of miracles and the originators of wonderful signs. For Them, any difficult and impracticable thing is possible and easy. For through a supernatural power wonders appear from Them; and by this power, which is beyond nature, They influence the world of nature. From all the Manifestations marvelous things have appeared.

But in the Holy Books an especial terminology is employed, and for the Manifestations these miracles and wonderful signs have no importance. They do not even wish to mention them. For if we consider miracles a great proof, they are still only proofs and arguments for those who are present when they are performed, and not for those who are absent. . . . . . . . .

The outward miracles have no importance for the people of Reality. If a blind man receives sight, for example, he will finally again become sightless, for he will die and be deprived of all his senses and powers. Therefore, causing the blind man to see is comparatively of little importance, for this faculty of sight will at last disappear. If the body of a dead person be resuscitated, of what use is it since the body will die again? But it is important to give perception and eternal life—that is, the spiritual and divine life. For this physical life is not immortal, and its existence is equivalent to nonexistence. So it is that Christ said to one of His disciples: “Let the dead bury their dead;” for “That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” 1

Observe: those who in appearance were physically alive, Christ considered dead; for life is the eternal life, and existence is the real existence. Wherever in the Holy Books they speak of raising the dead, the meaning is that the dead were blessed by eternal life; where it is said that the blind received sight, the signification is that he obtained the true perception; where it is said a deaf man received hearing, the meaning is that he acquired spiritual and heavenly hearing. This is ascertained from the text of the Gospel where Christ said: “These are like those of whom Isaiah said, They have eyes and see not, they have ears and hear not; and I healed them.” 2

The meaning is not that the Manifestations are unable to perform miracles, for They have all power. But for Them inner sight, spiritual healing and eternal life are the valuable and important things. Consequently, whenever it is recorded in the Holy Books that such a one was blind and recovered his sight, the meaning is that he was inwardly blind, and that he obtained spiritual vision, or that he was ignorant and became wise, or that he was negligent and became heedful, or that he was worldly and became heavenly.

As this inner sight, hearing, life and healing are eternal, they are of importance. What, comparatively, is the importance, the value and the worth of this animal life with its powers? In a few days it will cease like fleeting thoughts. For example, if one relights an extinguished lamp, it will again become extinguished; but the light of the sun is always luminous. This is of importance.

Some Answered Questions, pp. 100-102
Therefore, your Bahai Faith Cherishes and Maintains what you call Human Nature. Maintaining and Cherishing Human Nature is exactly what Roman Catholicism does. Your Religion is no different from Roman Catholicism Being Left-Hand Path Religion.
Please stop comparing the Baha'i Faith with Roman Catholicism. It is nothing like Roman Catholicism.

The Baha'i Faith does not Cherish the Human Nature. We attempt to rise above our material nature in service of our spiritual nature.

The Baha'i Faith recognizes that humans have two natures, a spiritual or higher nature and a material or lower nature, because that is Reality.

“In man there are two natures; his spiritual or higher nature and his material or lower nature. In one he approaches God, in the other he lives for the world alone. Signs of both these natures are to be found in men. In his material aspect he expresses untruth, cruelty and injustice; all these are the outcome of his lower nature. The attributes of his Divine nature are shown forth in love, mercy, kindness, truth and justice, one and all being expressions of his higher nature. Every good habit, every noble quality belongs to man’s spiritual nature, whereas all his imperfections and sinful actions are born of his material nature. If a man’s Divine nature dominates his human nature, we have a saint.” Paris Talks, p. 60

THE TWO NATURES IN MAN

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Disagree. You might be referring to those that want to despoil the earth for profit and accumulate all wealth for themselves. I'm referring to equal pay for equal work, a fair tax structure, low-income housing, unions, minimum wages, equal access to education and jobs, and the like.
You can disagree all you want to, but this world's economy isn't based on altruism.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am glad I am not "autonomous." Frankly, that must be horrible.
Do you understand what the word means? It's the opposite of subjugated or controlled. I am not subject to any religious commandments. It's the way I prefer to live.
the doctrine I hear sometimes about being a "Sovereign Citizen."
That refers to people who think that civil law doesn't apply to them. What I am saying is that I don't submit to religions or what they say their gods command.
You can disagree all you want to, but this world's economy isn't based on altruism.
I didn't suggest it was.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You are practising Left-Hand Path Religion.
No, by definition, the Baha'i Faith does not practice Left Hand Path since we are not involved in occultism or ceremonial magic.

Left Hand Path is a term used in occultism for one kind of spiritual path. It is the opposite of the Right Hand Path, which is what most people think of when they think of religion or spirituality. The use of this term in occultism came from a term used in Hindu Tantra, Vama marga in Sanskrit.
Left Hand Path - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ...

What does the left hand mean spiritually?

This terminology is used by various groups involved in the occult and ceremonial magic. In some definitions, the left-hand path is equated with malicious black magic, while the right-hand path is equated with benevolent white magic.
Left-hand path and right-hand path - Wikipedia

I do realize that Roman Catholics are involved in that, such as the Eucharist, the process of consecrating the bread and wine is believed to change the substances into the body and blood of Jesus Christ, but Baha'is are not involved in any such rituals.

Eucharist​

The Sacrament of the Eucharist, also known as the ‘Holy Communion’ or the ‘Lord’s Supper’, is the second sacrament of initiation in the Catholic Church. During the ritual, bread and red wine are sanctified by a member of the clergy. This process of consecrating the bread and wine is believed to change the substances into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. The congregation then shares the sacred meal as a way to commemorate Christ’s Last Supper, as well as his crucifixion. Although the Eucharist can be received as often as one wishes, an individual’s first communion and their participation in the Eucharist during Easter is considered to be particularly important.

This is what they Believe in Christendom. Christian Gnostics are Heretics in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church.
Many other kinds of Christians are considered heretics in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church since they believe that are the only true Christianity.
You help those in Need by the telling the Truth. I told you the Truth that I heard from Elohim/God and you can choose to Accept or Reject it.
You told me what you Believe is the Truth.

According to my beliefs nobody except the Messengers of God EVER hears directly from God You can choose to Accept or Reject my beliefs.
Everybody including yourself are Sick. You are a Sinner like everybody else. Sin is what makes people Sick and Die. Sin is Sickness.
Sin is not what makes people physically sick, although it can make them spiritually sick, since it separates them from God.
Humanity is Satanism. Everybody is born Evil Children of Devil/Satan From the Womb.
As a Baha'i, I do not believe anyone is born evil or that a being called the Devil/Satan exists. That is a Christian belief.
James 4:4

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

You cannot Relinquish the things of the World by Embracing what you call Humanity. Your making yourself an Enemy of Elohim/God and a Friend of the World by taking the Side of Humanity.

What you call Humanity is in a Total War Against Elohim/God From the Womb. Until you Understand this everything will be Confusing.
I am not taking anyone's side. I am not a friend of the world nor am I an enemy.

I choose to live as I see fit, which is for God and the spiritual, rather than self and the physical.
I choose not to live for the things of this world because I have no interest in worldly things and attachment to them is what separates me from God.

John 12:24-26 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

“The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion.” Gleanings, pp. 328-329

Last edited:

Redneck Mystic

You are making a hard claim here. Can you provide evidence to your claim?
Can anyone prove God does not exist, or does? :) Anyone who lived in my skin, would not need proof, but would know God exists, and angels, and demons, and, yes, ETs, and other beings science and even religions do not recognize. But if I thought I could prove it, then I would be insane, wouldn’t I? :cool: . And,who thought he/she could disprove it would be insane. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Can anyone prove God does not exist, or does? :) Anyone who lived in my skin, would not need proof, but would know God exists, and angels, and demons,
No, nobody can prove that God exists except to themselves.
Anyone who lived in my skin, would not need proof, but would know God exists, and angels, but not demons.

YoursTrue

Do you understand what the word means? It's the opposite of subjugated or controlled. I am not subject to any religious commandments. It's the way I prefer to live.
You can say what you want since you're autonomous, but here is one dictionary definition of the word: "
adjective
(of a country or region) having the freedom to govern itself or control its own affairs.
"the federation included sixteen autonomous republics"
(in Kantian moral philosophy) acting in accordance with one's moral duty rather than one's desires."
So you can be as autonomous as you'd like. But sometimes things catch up with people. And their self-directed (autonomous) movements including morals.

YoursTrue

It was likely patterned after other gods who died for three days and then were resurrected in imitation of the dying sun during winter solstice sitting still for three days before reversing direction and heading north again. It is at this time that sunrises are as southeastern as possible, and daylight is shortest in the northern hemisphere.

List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days - Education - Nigeria
Just going by your autonomous sayings, you quoted that list as a list of gods that died and were resurrected after 3 days. Do you believe it? Did you even do any research about it beyond posting that list? autonomously, of course, because naturally you seem to be a law unto yourself. How about Zarathustra's resurrection, where is that written about? Also Orisis? Any idea about his "resurrection" after 3 days that your list has him listed as?

YoursTrue

I didn't suggest it was.
The world's economic structure isn't based on "economic opportunity." If you think it is, since you are an autonomous person, naturally you don't have to explain. :) But it would be nice it you could explain what you mean by economic opportunity.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
sometimes things catch up with people.
Did you mean like subjecting yourself to an authority that doesn't have your best interests at heart?
Just going by your autonomous sayings, you quoted that list as a list of gods that died and were resurrected after 3 days. Do you believe it? Did you even do any research about it beyond posting that list? autonomously, of course, because naturally you seem to be a law unto yourself. How about Zarathustra's resurrection, where is that written about? Also Orisis? Any idea about his "resurrection" after 3 days that your list has him listed as?
You asked "what does the evidence show about the traditional day of Jesus birth, as celebrated by many, namely December 25th" and I answered you. Christmas was likely because gods and resurrections were associated with the winter solstice. Did you want to discuss that?
it would be nice it you could explain what you mean by economic opportunity.
I thought I did that already: " I'm referring to equal pay for equal work, a fair tax structure, low-income housing, unions, minimum wages, equal access to education and jobs, and the like."
Can anyone prove God does not exist
No, nor need anybody do that to reject the claims of others about the existence of gods. If they aren't convinced, they can just walk away.

YoursTrue

Did you mean like subjecting yourself to an authority that doesn't have your best interests at heart?
Not sure what you mean. For instance, with the payment of taxes, some people lie about their income, but really we cannot dictate to the government how they should spend the money they get.
You asked "what does the evidence show about the traditional day of Jesus birth, as celebrated by many, namely December 25th" and I answered you. Christmas was likely because gods and resurrections were associated with the winter solstice. Did you want to discuss that?
You presented a link about gods who were ostensibly said to have been resurrected after 3 days. I did not find any corroboration that Osiris was said to have been resurrected as well as Zarathustra after three days. Did you find that in the website you offered to bolster up your viewpoints?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
("Perhaps"...)
The Romans via the Jews (or Jews via the Romans) put him to death. Where do you get the idea that following Jesus Christ had its start in Rome? It did not. In total essence, the statement that Jesus was a "Roman God" is utterly and absolutely off kilter. You know it and I know it. And if you don't agree, there's somethin' not quite right. Because you then become the apologist. So don't complain about what you consider as apologists. I didn't even read about the others yet, like Zarathustra. "Thus Sprach Zarathustra" is something I recall from my earlier atheist days while I was still 'looking.' Searching--
It was in my post. How could you have missed it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So far nothing to show that Zarathustra OR Osiris was resurrected after 3 days. That's about it. So if you want to believe that list, you go right ahead.
Sometimes those sources are not exactly trustworthy. I cannot find anything particular about Zarathustra being resurrected either. Though the religion he started did believe in it in the future. As to Osiris he was resurrected, but it was a long longer than just three days:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't understand your question or point, but at this point I don't expect you to explain. Thanks anyway, though.
You drive people to the point of frustration. My post said that it began in Israel, but it was not on its way to world domination until it became popular in Rome.