• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Try to prove to me your religion.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Unless you can prove otherwise - he just did. You see, that's how a debate works. He came at you with an argument, you said you proved him wrong by saying absolutely nothing, and when called out on it - this is your response.

Well...well....well....even though I said I proved him wrong uh uh uh he has to prove it to me because I have no way of refuting his claims (non scriptural evidence).
HAHAHAHA, you are so funny mannnnn :p

I have many ways to refute his claims, but he came at me FIRST making that ACCUSATION.

Before he made it, he should have provided EVIDENCE.

:)

Muffled

Jesus in me
Please don't be surprised, Christianity was never reasonable. Was it ever? Please
Regards

I believe that is like saying that God is unreasonable. He says otherwise in Isaiah. However I was saying that I was being reasonable and you are welcome to debate that but if you are going to do that then you ought to use reasoning in doing so instead of just presenting statements as though they had already been proven.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Just because they are not the voice of God does not make them invalid.

There are many many Hadiths that talk about it.

You said that it was wrong but made a false accusation once again.

I believe I need to repeat so you understand since you didn't seem to the first time. I am not accusing anyone of anything.

I believe I have not proven that they are not the voice of God but simply do not find the voice of God in them. I believe the validity is in question but there is not much to go on there. The question becomes what will validate them? The fact that they are written down does not guarantee their validity. The fact that people consider them valid does not guarantee their validity.

I believe another question is If God is not the source what is and what makes that source valid?

I believe another question is whether it is consistent with the
Qu'ran. [4.124] And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer-- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.

I believe another problem is whether the person is talking about the Kingdom of God or Heaven (two different places) The Kingdom of God is sometimes referred to as Paradise and the reference here of the "Garden" is another way of referring to it. I believe there is a great deal of confusion in the Christian community between the two so it wouldn't surprise me if Muslims were also confusing the two.

Jabar

I believe I need to repeat so you understand since you didn't seem to the first time. I am not accusing anyone of anything.

I believe I have not proven that they are not the voice of God but simply do not find the voice of God in them. I believe the validity is in question but there is not much to go on there. The question becomes what will validate them? The fact that they are written down does not guarantee their validity. The fact that people consider them valid does not guarantee their validity.

I believe another question is If God is not the source what is and what makes that source valid?

I believe another question is whether it is consistent with the
Qu'ran. [4.124] And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer-- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.

I believe another problem is whether the person is talking about the Kingdom of God or Heaven (two different places) The Kingdom of God is sometimes referred to as Paradise and the reference here of the "Garden" is another way of referring to it. I believe there is a great deal of confusion in the Christian community between the two so it wouldn't surprise me if Muslims were also confusing the two.
Yes, but you become a believer when you take shahada and you die.

In the Hadith it is mentioned.

Yes, the Qur'an is superior, however the Hadith is still a good source to look for things.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe that is like saying that God is unreasonable. He says otherwise in Isaiah. However I was saying that I was being reasonable and you are welcome to debate that but if you are going to do that then you ought to use reasoning in doing so instead of just presenting statements as though they had already been proven.
Please quote from Jesus mentioned in Christian-NT-Gospels, Torah is a Jewish scriptures and Jews don't believe Christian-NT-Gospels, they are under a different covenant and different concepts.
Regards

Calling the Hadith a lie shows your ignorance.

My point was that people lie. Do you disagree with that? You believe people are incapable of lying?

I would advise you to go check them out before making those accusations.

Don't really need to do that. My point was that people can and DO lie to get their way. Are you saying they don't?

It is a debate, which is why i am proving your point wrong.

You didn't prove anything. You simply proclaimed me wrong without providing any rational reason or evidence why I was wrong.

Muffled came at me and told me that it is false so i was proving my point.

Again, you didn't prove he was wrong about anything, you basically just said he was wrong, and that was it.

I am not saying anything equivalent to a childish ''nah-ah!'' rather you are.

I made a valid point and you ignored it and just said I was wrong. That is not debating. That is simply disagreeing. Now you need to back it up with something.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
None of the three Abrahamic religions were reasonable. Christianity just tops the list in that.
As for as Islam is concerned, we don't ascribe to the term of Abrahamic Religions, we believe all the true revealed religions in any race, any nation, any times in the world who believed in ONENESS of G-d, be they founded by Krishna, Buddha, Zoroaster, Moses, Jesus or any other prophet-messenger of G-d. Please note this correction. Right?
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, but you become a believer when you take shahada and you die.

In the Hadith it is mentioned.

Yes, the Qur'an is superior, however the Hadith is still a good source to look for things.

I believe that is the belief being talked about but it also mentions good works and one of the Hadiths said that a person could get in even with bad works which is contrary to what the Qu'ran says.

I believe the Hadith might have interesting viewpoints but reliability for truth is not there. ONe would have to examine each one to see if it is in harmony with the Qu'ran and anything not in the Qu'ran has to be taken with a grain of salt. It isn't like Christianity where people receive the Spirit of God and speak with that spirit as would be the case with Paul.

Jabar

I believe that is the belief being talked about but it also mentions good works and one of the Hadiths said that a person could get in even with bad works which is contrary to what the Qu'ran says.

I believe the Hadith might have interesting viewpoints but reliability for truth is not there. ONe would have to examine each one to see if it is in harmony with the Qu'ran and anything not in the Qu'ran has to be taken with a grain of salt. It isn't like Christianity where people receive the Spirit of God and speak with that spirit as would be the case with Paul.

Where does it say a person could get in even with bad works?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Please quote from Jesus mentioned in Christian-NT-Gospels, Torah is a Jewish scriptures and Jews don't believe Christian-NT-Gospels, they are under a different covenant and different concepts.
Regards

I believe what God says no matter what text He says it in.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Where does it say a person could get in even with bad works?

From the site you provided: 2. The Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- said: "Whoever says there is no god but Allah enters Paradise even if he commits adultery and even if he steals (i.e. even if he commits great sins)." [2]

Jabar

From the site you provided: 2. The Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- said: "Whoever says there is no god but Allah enters Paradise even if he commits adultery and even if he steals (i.e. even if he commits great sins)." [2]

Yes, because he becomes a believer and all of his sins are forgiven. This is a gift of Allah.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Regards
I believe what God says no matter what text He says it in.
God addressed the human beings in Quran;do you believe in Quran? Please
Regards

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
HAHAHAHA, you are so funny mannnnn :p

I have many ways to refute his claims, but he came at me FIRST making that ACCUSATION.

Before he made it, he should have provided EVIDENCE.

Okay - go ahead and refute them without scripture. I'll wait, buddy.