• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Judge Indefinitely Postpones Trump's Trial In FL

F1fan

Veteran Member
My question is does this clear the track for Jack Smith to proceed in the D.C. case, or for Fani Willis to proceed in Georgia?
No, the DC case is held up waiting for an immunity decision by the SCOTUS, and the Georgia case is held up with an appeal to remove Willis.

It's all been a total catastrophe of exploiting the legal system. SCOTUS seems to be covering for Trump, and Cannon is definately covering for Trump, trying to buy him time.

We will see what happens in the NY trial. And then it will come down to the voters in swing states. If Trump loses there is a risk of MAGAs pulling some dubious election count things in states with republican rule. And there's the threat of violence by Trump supporters, again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, the DC case is held up waiting for an immunity decision by the SCOTUS, and the Georgia case is held up with an appeal to remove Willis.

It's all been a total catastrophe of exploiting the legal system. SCOTUS seems to be covering for Trump, and Cannon is definately covering for Trump, trying to buy him time.

We will see what happens in the NY trial. And then it will come down to the voters in swing states. If Trump loses there is a risk of MAGAs pulling some dubious election count things in states with republican rule. And there's the threat of violence by Trump supporters, again.
Constitutionally there is nothing stopping Republicans from moving the clock backwards and returning the decision for President in their states back to state legislators. The problem is that they would only be able to accomplish this in the reddest of states. So it would not make any difference. In any state close to being a swing state Republican control is too weak.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Florida state law and my long and successful experience as a litigator. Don’t you think it’s telling that the prosecution didn’t move to disqualify the judge?
Based on what? She needs to make another bad ruling for there to be a move to have her removed. She knows what she is doing, and that's to avoid anything that can be challenged. She can't be removed for sitting on a case. And she's not tuling on motions before her so she can't be appealed. The system assumes judges will be ethical, but obviously the honor system did not foresee MAGA judges.

My question is if Trump loses there won't be any way for her to sit on the case forever. She will have to do something eventually. The dilamma is that is she isn't removed, and a jury is selected, at any point she can dismiss the case, and won't need any reason. Then double jeoardy protects Trump.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Based on what? She needs to make another bad ruling for there to be a move to have her removed. She knows what she is doing, and that's to avoid anything that can be challenged. She can't be removed for sitting on a case. And she's not tuling on motions before her so she can't be appealed. The system assumes judges will be ethical, but obviously the honor system did not foresee MAGA judges.

My question is if Trump loses there won't be any way for her to sit on the case forever. She will have to do something eventually. The dilamma is that is she isn't removed, and a jury is selected, at any point she can dismiss the case, and won't need any reason. Then double jeoardy protects Trump.
I think you watch too much TV.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Florida state law and my long and successful experience as a litigator.
Is your legal experience in federal court?
I'd expect you to be able to cite a particular
law or court rule supporting the claim that
this situation doesn't rise to the level of
requiring recusal.
Don’t you think it’s telling that the prosecution didn’t move to disqualify the judge?
That is an interesting aspect.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Florida state law and my long and successful experience as a litigator. Don’t you think it’s telling that the prosecution didn’t move to disqualify the judge?
I have heard analysts say that he is waiting for something concrete and this may be it. She has been getting very close, but had not crossed the line yet.

Wandering Monk

Prosecution appealed her earlier activities in this trial. She was rebuked twice by the 11t Circuit. Since then she has been issuing paperless orders that can not be appealed because they relate to her scheduling of court actions.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
For no good reason. She is the one that kept delaying events until it had to be postponed. This will probably cause an appeal now and hopefully cause a new judge to be found, but it is now very unlikely to have a trial before the election. She is corrupt and needs to be removed. This is not the first time that she has shown unreasonable favoritism for Trump.
Not going to happen.

wellwisher

Trump appoints judge.
Trump criminally tried in court by judge.
Judge doesn't recuse herself.
Judge rules no trial before Trump's election.
Is anyone else a wee bit suspicious of monkey business?

What I read is was the DA misrepresented the classified evidence to the judge.

In recent filings, Smith acknowledged there are some boxes where the order of items is "not the same" as in the digital scans of the materials. Smith's team added that the evidence may be in a different order as things shift easily when the boxes are carried.

My guess is the raid was done, in part, to get information that Trump may have had, that was damming to the Swamp and Biden, such as evidence from the Ukraine and the fired prosecutor. This information was Trump's protection that kept him safe from the Swamp, until the raid. That or similar data may have been stolen to hide or destroy that evidence.

This evidence tampering, made it necessary to take a longer recess, to sort this all out. It would be interesting to see what they stole and/or forgot to put back in the right place. They may need to look at the FBI digital data base to see if there was tampering there, also. You can't just steal the hard copy and get away with it in the digital age.

The added problem that may have swayed the Judge is the dual justice system found that Biden, who had more classified materials over a much longer time, would never be convicted by a jury. When did they ask citizens and juries? They pulled that same scam for Hillary, to avoid her day in court. In the case of Biden, if Biden is too sympathetic for jury, due to his metal health, why is he still considered competent enough to be president? You cannot have it both ways unless you are a Democrat.

Say Biden is elected again and decides to nuke somebody, does his immunity from trial and juries also apply to the future? Does the get out of jail free card still work since he will get older and even more senile, and therefore become an even more sympathetic person? What is being set up by the Swamp? Is it a dictator with presidential immunity? This potential future scam may have swayed the judge, who realized whatever scam they are planning, can only be foiled, if Trump wins. But he needs the time to campaign and not be tied by DNC and swamp created election tampering day jobs, that Biden can avoid while he breaks the law. No jury will ever judge him.

The DNC led Swamp and Hamas have something in common, which are both use human shields to protect themselves from justice. Both are mean and people are afraid enough to help them or else. After the failed Russian Collusion Coup, Trump did not take go after the Swamp, to take it down, due to possible collateral damage; human shields; all the pawns that shield the top crooks. This gesture of peace, did not bury the jacket or create an ally for the country, but rather it emboldened the swamp to become even worse. There injustice is not even hidden anymore and lied about. It is used as a show to intimidate, less anyone try anything again. The bonus money they renegade and theft from Elon Must, who met the deal guidelines, was to show what happens if you change sides.

This time, Trump may have to take them out. He can protect the human shields like they did in WWII, which was to drop leaflets to tell the civilians to abandon the strongholds, or choose to become part of larger collateral damage. Those who remain will be more like pure Hamas or pure Swamp loyalists, without their human shields. I do not see the swamp becoming just, by forgiving them, again.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Is your legal experience in federal court?
I'd expect you to be able to cite a particular
law or court rule supporting the claim that
this situation doesn't rise to the level of
requiring recusal.

That is an interesting aspect.
I mistakenly referenced state law. For federal judges, the standard for recusal is set forth in 28 USC 455 and 29 CFR 2200.68. Yes, I practice in federal court but most of my cases are in state court (not Florida).