• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump ordered to pay nearly 355 million in NY fraud case.

exchemist

Veteran Member
A New York judge.
Banks lost nothing to the tune of anything. If they were out 350 million, I'm sure they would have noticed.
But how would they know, unless they became suspicious and employed separate real estate valuers to check the numbers the Trump organisation gave them? It was systematic fraud over a period of ten years or more.

The fact is the numbers were false and that is not allowed in business.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since they were repaid in full, there was clearly not much of a risk.
Risk isn't based upon adverse consequences
having been avoided.
Analogy time.....
An angry cop points a gun at an innocent man's head,
& pulls the trigger. It misfires. Was there no risk?
(This actually happened.)

The banks not only faced greater risk than they knew,
they charged a lower interest rate than that risk would
have required. That caused a financial loss not known
until later.
Have you ever borrowed by pledging real estate as security?
If so, were you not presented with interest rate options
based upon LTV (loan to value ratio)?

Last edited:

Firenze

Premium Member

" A judge has ordered former President Donald Trump and his companies to pay nearly $355 million in a ruling"

"The former president is also barred from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in the state for three years, and he cannot apply for loans from any financial institution registered in New York for three years. Meanwhile, his adult sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, have been ordered to pay $4 million for their personal profits from the fraud."

As was expected.
Come on MAGA! Time to dip into your retirement to help out your orange savior!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Which bank claimed victimhood?
Once again, poor reading comprehension. I said that it was unknown borrowers that were the victims.

If you should have gotten a loan on your house for 5% but had to pay 10% because someone else lied wouldn't you be a victim in that case?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Further evidence that these cases are politically motivated to try to keep him from winning the presidency.
It'll backfire, just as the indictments did--and will get him even more support.
Let's say I live in jurisdiction A. The party in power in A are the Xs. I am a candidate for and funder of party Y, their opposition.

If I commit a murder in that jurisdiction, does that mean I can't be prosecuted in that jurisdiction because that would be "politically motivated"?

If I double park and get a ticket in that jurisdiction, does that mean I don't have to pay it because any enforcement proceedings would be "politically motivated"?

Explain to me how that works, please.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Doesn't matter. False financial statements in business are fraudulent, as that can have all manner of consequences. Remember Enron? It's a basic principle of how business is regulated. Businesses are not allowed to make false financial statements. Period.

As for "repaid in full" yes they were repaid in full but at a better rate than they should have been, i.e. the amount to be repaid was less than it should have been because Trump got a better interest rate than he deserved as a result of his fraudulent misrepresentation. The calculation was that the banks were out of pocket by $370m and the judge has told Trump to pay up $350m.
Not just the banks. But other borrowers as well. Banks have to decide ahead of time how much they can lend at what rates. They do not make money out of thin air. There were borrowers that lost low interest loans because Trump had taken the banks allotted funds for that amount of interest.

Firenze

Premium Member
That is a laughingly dumb statement. :D
And … demonstrates the pathetic hypocrisy of the Maga crowd that has been salivating for years hoping their party - that has done absolutely nothing for Americans in years now - will find a way to get revenge for Trumps impeachments by finding something, Anything to pin on Biden. No, no political motivation there….

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And … demonstrates the pathetic hypocrisy of the Maga crowd that has been salivating for years hoping their party - that has done absolutely nothing for Americans in years now - will find a way to get revenge for Trumps impeachments by finding something, Anything to pin on Biden. No, no political motivation there….
What is scary is that if every MAGA family sent in $5.00 per family member that would pay off Trump's debt.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
These 2 verdicts are a good start.
I do not see any current monetary suits, but the success of those two could have easily opened up the floodgates. All of his other current court cases are either criminal, and who would not enjoy a few guilty verdict there, and his disqualification case.:

Right now I do not care that much if he does not get disqualified. When it comes to the Republican Party he is a one man wrecking crew, don't get jealous.