• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Again Claiming Right To Assassinate Rivals

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What do you expect them to do?
I expect Biden to say things that appear to
sympathize with Palestinians, but to do
nothing to really help them.
So far, he's meeting my expectation.
This is the USA. They have their own government.
USA keeps Israel afloat with money & arms.
Withholding both until Israel affords Palestinians
justice would be real action.
You are ignoring Israel's need to defend itself from threats.
You're wrong. I've even offered a policy change
to improve Israel's self defense. Self defense is
good. But Israel is doing something different,
ie, committing genocide, which will only make
Israel subject to more violent resistance.

It appears that I, not you, want Israel to be
strong & peaceful. You side only with
vengeance against Hamas & Palestinians.
No, just a criticism.
It's personal criticism to support an
argument, ie, the ad hominem fallacy.
It's a wrongful tactic.
I support Israel and the Valaestinians. I oppose Netanyahu and Hamas.

Supporting genocide & USA's enabling
it will only harm Israel in the long run.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I expect Biden to say things that appear to
sympathize with Palestinians, but to do
nothing to really help them.
So far, he's meeting my expectation.
So you are ignoring the aid that Biden has coordinated, but gets stopped by Israel. Biden decided to airdrop aid to bypass Israel's roadblocks. The USA has had consistent pressure on Israel to let aid into Gaza. Netanyahu wants a genocide, and Biden is doing what he can to stop him.
USA keeps Israel afloat with money & arms.
Withholding both until Israel affords Palestinians
justice would be real action.
Israel has historically been a moderate and stable ally to Western powers and NATO. They have been crucial for regional stability. Look at what happened after Bush took down Saddam. It was chaos. The USA needs Israel to remain a stabilizing force. Netanyahu needs to go, and moderates in his pace so a sane resolution can be made. Netanyahu is insane. He needs to stay in power to avoid facing criminal indictment. Of course he's going to keep this conflict going.
You're wrong. I've even offered a policy change
to improve Israel's self defense. Self defense is
good. But Israel is doing something different,
ie, committing genocide, which will only make
Israel subject to more violent resistance.
The problem is Israel's leadership.
It appears that I, not you, want Israel to be
strong & peaceful. You side only with
vengeance against Hamas & Palestinians.
I said nothing of the sort. I was clear what I DID say.
It's personal criticism to support an
argument, ie, the ad hominem fallacy.
It's a wrongful tactic.
Being critical of some group's actions isn't an ad hom. There is a problem with a student peace protest when Jewish students felt threatened.
Supporting genocide & USA's enabling
it will only harm Israel in the long run.
The USA isn't supporting genocide. We support Israel as an ally. I'm not sure what your motive is to blur the facts of what US policy is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So you are ignoring the aid that Biden has coordinated, but gets stopped by Israel.
So you are ignoring Biden's taking no
action to deal with Israel stopping aid.
Biden decided to airdrop aid to bypass Israel's roadblocks. The USA has had consistent pressure on Israel to let aid into Gaza.
When "pressure" is talking without action
that changes behavior, it's not really pressure.
Netanyahu wants a genocide, and Biden is doing what he can to stop him.
Biden is talking, but not doing anything of substance.
I can understand wanting to defend Biden. He needs
defense because he just might be losing to Trump,
which would be unacceptable.
But your defense of Biden is repetitive.
I've nothing to add........
......except that I hope Biden does soon take effective
action towards Israel, & then beats Trump in November.

F1fan

Veteran Member
So you are ignoring Biden's taking no
action to deal with Israel stopping aid.
False.

Biden's administration has been in talks with Israel to allow aid in since the humanitarian crisis began in Gaza. In fact Blinken is in Israel having talks today.

When "pressure" is talking without action
that changes behavior, it's not really pressure.
If negotiations isn't the action you want, what action do you want?
Biden is talking, but not doing anything of substance.
Really? The above articles aren't substantive? What would you consider substantive?
I can understand wanting to defend Biden. He needs
defense because he just might be losing to Trump,
which would be unacceptable.
But your defense of Biden is repetitive.
I've nothing to add........
......except that I hope Biden does soon take effective
action towards Israel, & then beats Trump in November.
I'm not defending Biden, I am opposing your claims that Biden is indifferent to palestinians and giving blanket support to Israel, and supporting genocide.

I have stated that Biden is in a no win situation here. He needs to support Israel as its attacked by threats, as Netanyahu commits war crimes. He has been pressuring Netanyahu to allow aid as he's getting blamed for not delivering. Biden is opposed to Netanyahu's intention to attack Rapha. Hamas and Netanyahu are the current threats to peace and humanitarian aid being delivered, and the USA can only do what its doing, negotiating with both.

Clizby Wampuscat

Which has what to do with Biden? Does everyone forget all the "out of control protesters" there were when Trump was President?
What has Biden done to quell the illegal and sometimes violent protests on our campuses. Has he said one word about it?
They're not on board with a good economy? With record low unemployment? Why not?
Ask them, the poll says they are not. Maybe has to do with the high cost of everything. One thing politicians can never BS on is the economy because people live it every day. A price increase of over 20% since 2020, that cost will never go down, home interest rate average of over 7%, home costs are unattainable for a greater percentage of the population, food prices are up 20% since 2020, gas prices up 30% since 2020. The economy is great for the rich only. So yay people have a job but their wages have not increased 20% since 2020, their costs have so they are worse off than they were in 2020. Telling people they are just not educated on how good the economy is will backfire immensely for Biden.
Is Joe Biden in charge of this?
He supports it.
Maybe if he gets enough students to actually vote.

Clizby Wampuscat

And early polls in 2016 had Clinton ahead. It’s too early to take polls seriously.

I understand that Trump supporters have very few things to cling to for hope.

I’m not. It’s a matter that has little to do with Biden. Many want to point fingers at anyone to blame for what they oppose. The Israel issue is very complex and divisive, and Biden has made it clear that he doesn’t support the killing of Palestinians and the administration is putting pressure on Netanyahu.

I see much of the student protests to be an opportunity for young people to feel unified and relevant in a nation where they are overwhelmed by a divided nation.

Not sure how you see this, the economy is excellent. Perhaps you mean inflation. Biden has done more than any other major nation to slow inflation. What ideas do republicans offer? Silence.

Good thing you didn’t mention the border since the legislation that was introduced was killed by Trump and hypocrite MAGAs.

The trans thing is quite an obscure issue that only infuriates the far right. Most young people are open minded, not conservative.

Not sure what this means since they are still getting aid. Of course there’s a difference between Israel and Netanyahu, who needs to be removed and a new leader selected.
Ok, we will see.
Not sure what this means either. Far right wing lingo? Biden has been canceling a lot of debt, and intends to reform student loan programs. What does Trump offer? Silence.
The debt is not cancelled, it is transferred to the public. You know transferred to people like single moms, electricians, plumbers, welders, etc. that chose not to go to college.

Shaul

Premium Member
This whole absurd argument is predicated on the basis that the U.S. government ever orders assassinations. This is argument is a calumniation.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What has Biden done to quell the illegal and sometimes violent protests on our campuses. Has he said one word about it?
“President Biden respects the right to free expression, but protests must be peaceful and lawful. Forcibly taking over buildings is not peaceful – it is wrong,” White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates said, adding that the president “condemns the use of the term ‘intifada,’ as he has the other tragic and dangerous hate speech displayed in recent days.”

What is it you want him to do?
Ask them, the poll says they are not. Maybe has to do with the high cost of everything. One thing politicians can never BS on is the economy because people live it every day. A price increase of over 20% since 2020, that cost will never go down, home interest rate average of over 7%, home costs are unattainable for a greater percentage of the population, food prices are up 20% since 2020, gas prices up 30% since 2020. The economy is great for the rich only. So yay people have a job but their wages have not increased 20% since 2020, their costs have so they are worse off than they were in 2020. Telling people they are just not educated on how good the economy is will backfire immensely for Biden.
This is the case pretty much everywhere right now. Biden didn't increase inflation rates or the price of food. It's the same here in Canada. Except that the US inflation rate is lower than ours. Does Biden get credit for that?

Data indicates that the US economy is doing quite well, relative to other similar countries with a very low unemployment rate. What I would tell people is to look at the actual data.
He supports it.
And?
Do you imagine this to be one of the major issues of our times?
Maybe if he gets enough students to actually vote.
And/or former students who are swimming in student loan debt.

“This survey shows that most voters, regardless of age, believe that taking a loan to pay for education should not result in a lifetime of debt,” said John Della Volpe, CEO of SocialSphere and director of polling at the Harvard Kennedy School Institute of Politics. The report was released by Protect Borrowers Action, an advocacy group."

F1fan

Veteran Member
Ok, we will see.

The debt is not cancelled, it is transferred to the public.
Oh, so that’s where the far right wing is going with that.

Any complaints about how tax cuts benefiting the wealthy will have to be paid for by the public? Of course not.

Nothing about how the government is profiting off of student loans? No, of course not.

How would you feel about student loans with zero interest? Does the far right have any ideas that aren’t ideological?

You know transferred to people like single moms, electricians, plumbers, welders, etc. that chose not to go to college.
You accurately avoid the wealthy who pay lower percentages than ordinary folks since they can afford tax lawyers who take advantage of laws that their representatives passed to get elected.

Clizby Wampuscat

“President Biden respects the right to free expression, but protests must be peaceful and lawful. Forcibly taking over buildings is not peaceful – it is wrong,” White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates said, adding that the president “condemns the use of the term ‘intifada,’ as he has the other tragic and dangerous hate speech displayed in recent days.”
Ok
This is the case pretty much everywhere right now. Biden didn't increase inflation rates or the price of food. It's the same here in Canada. Except that the US inflation rate is lower than ours. Does Biden get credit for that?

Data indicates that the US economy is doing quite well, relative to other similar countries with a very low unemployment rate. What I would tell people is to look at the actual data.
You do that and see how they react. Telling them you are doing well you just don't know it will be a winner.
And?
Do you imagine this to be one of the major issues of our times?
It is lunacy and goes to the bigger picture of fairness in our society.
And/or former students who are swimming in student loan debt.
Did the electrician, plumber or single mom force them to take the debt?
“This survey shows that most voters, regardless of age, believe that taking a loan to pay for education should not result in a lifetime of debt,” said John Della Volpe, CEO of SocialSphere and director of polling at the Harvard Kennedy School Institute of Politics. The report was released by Protect Borrowers Action, an advocacy group."

I agree, but if you took out a friggen loan you are expected to pay it back, those are two different issues. Am I getting a rebate since I worked hard and paid for all my college education as I went? There are plenty of people having trouble paying back credit card debt, how are they different than people who took out student debt? Transferring student loan debt to the taxpayer is immoral and egregious.

If you don't want to have a lifetime of debt don't take out a friggin student loan. It is that simple.

Clizby Wampuscat

Oh, so that’s where the far right wing is going with that.

Any complaints about how tax cuts benefiting the wealthy will have to be paid for by the public? Of course not.

Nothing about how the government is profiting off of student loans? No, of course not.

How would you feel about student loans with zero interest? Does the far right have any ideas that aren’t ideological?

You accurately avoid the wealthy who pay lower percentages than ordinary folks since they can afford tax lawyers who take advantage of laws that their representatives passed to get elected.
These have nothing to do with the issue. I can say you ignore people in credit card debt. The fact is you take out a loan you pay it back, that is the moral and ethical thing to do. That is the issue.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

Of course he has, but you wouldn't hear about it behind the barricade of news sources that you apparently limit yourself to.

BREAKING NEWS: Biden Reacts To Columbia Protesters Occupying Hamilton Hall As Campus Shuts Down

As usual, the rightwing media is doing all it can to take advantage of every crisis that Biden faces, portraying them all as Biden's fault. However, as with the price of gasoline, Biden doesn't really control these events. Almost anything he tries to do will have no immediate effect, and he certainly isn't going to stop students from expressing outrage over his support for Israel, a longstanding US policy. Donald Trump isn't doing anything to help either, since the campus unrest suits his agenda. He wants it to continue. If he were president now, he would probably inflame the protesters even more.

On a personal note, I was very saddened to see reports of the occupation of Hamilton Hall on Columbia's campus. My first real job was as an assistant professor of linguistics there in the 1970s, and I taught some of my classes in that building. I'm just glad that the NYPD was well-trained and prepared to remove the occupiers of the building without serious violence. That won't stop the anger and frustration among many of the students.

Brown University has done a much better job of defusing their campus protest by actually meeting with student leaders and negotiating ways of addressing their concerns rather than merely trying to suppress them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your article doesn't state anything
that USA government has done other
than make stern statements.
Meanwhile, Israel kills more Palestinians.
Biden's administration has been in talks with Israel to allow aid in since the humanitarian crisis began in Gaza. In fact Blinken is in Israel having talks today.

If negotiations isn't the action you want, what action do you want?

Really? The above articles aren't substantive? What would you consider substantive?

I'm not defending Biden, I am opposing your claims that Biden is indifferent to palestinians and giving blanket support to Israel, and supporting genocide.

I have stated that Biden is in a no win situation here. He needs to support Israel as its attacked by threats, as Netanyahu commits war crimes. He has been pressuring Netanyahu to allow aid as he's getting blamed for not delivering. Biden is opposed to Netanyahu's intention to attack Rapha. Hamas and Netanyahu are the current threats to peace and humanitarian aid being delivered, and the USA can only do what its doing, negotiating with both.
This is just repeating that Biden is in trouble
over the protests, & US government is only
talking about doing something about it.