• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Petty dead at 66.

Flame

Beware
Tom was found unconscious in his home this morning after a Cardiac Arrest and later died in the hospital. Today has been a swarm of tragedies. :(

UPDATE: Tom is in critical condition. Initial reports were incorrect.

Last edited:

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I used to listen to "You Don't Know How It Feels" every night to go to sleep. I found it to be relaxing.

R.I.P.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Ouch that hurts. Tom Petty music was a big part of my life at certain point. RIP Tom!

David1967

Premium Member
Another of the greats gone. Sad day for music. RIP Tom. And thanks for all the great songs.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
Yep his music is good, and he was a master story teller especially to those that knew what his encrypted messages meant. One of my favorite songs was 'Learning to Fly'.

; {>

PureX

Veteran Member
That's sad. Another unique artist has left us.

But, ... the creative spark remains, and there will be new artists to come, and they will share their unique vision and skill with us, as Tom Petty did.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think its a good opportunity to ask "What if Tom never created his songs?" and to spur ourselves on -- all those of us who have a book or song or some other creative thing in our heads. Lets get them out of our heads and see what they can do.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Always have loved Tom Petty, but especially loved his work with the super-supergroup Traveling Wilburys

Here's hoping he doesn't join George and Roy just yet.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just realized this. I love his music, and he will be sorely missed.

I give my best as a fan, to his family and friends.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Always have loved Tom Petty, but especially loved his work with the super-supergroup Traveling Wilburys

Here's hoping he doesn't join George and Roy just yet.

The Traveling Wilburys help me put thousands of miles on the road. It was like having a beloved companion in the cab.