• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Title: Post Away

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Not a debate forum
Title: Post Away
Misinformation my dear old friends,
As we scroll on the phone never checking the facts.
We only see one side,
Confirm our bias, bristle at criticism.
Get our facts from memes,
Get our facts from social media.
Feed the algorithm, feed it well.
Getting more extreme as we move along
We watch TV, even our news is just entertainment.
Folk watching Fox cuz nothing says honesty like paying millions due defamation,
If asked it's the government's fault cuz they dont want the truth known.
Leftists like to say hey- read the facts.
The right say hey- read the facts.
Meanwhile never listening to the other side never realizing we are moving behind.
What are the facts? The details lost in the algrothim.
Do you have the evidence can you defend your claims?
The left be pushing forth antisemetism,
Palestinian propaganda
Stating only one side of the Gaza conflict.
That's not to say the palestinians don't need help but please look at both sides,
My Jewish friends they feel betrayed...
My Muslim friends they feel betrayed...
As hate is growing towards both groups-
While the right be saying there's litterboxes in school but the only case was due to shootings not due to the trans folk in our mist.
We are in our bubbles let's feed the algorithm,
We the product, we the ones making the company money.
Get our attention sell our privacy
The computer knows who we are the computer knows who we are
As we get more extreme and more extreme
Memes on the left talking of arming the poor and eat the rich
Cuz harming folk always solves our problems
The republicans too dumb they all are just too bigoted to actually inform,
They want only a theocracy nothing more...
Everything they say the other sides doing is a confession
And memes on the right claiming fake news
Cuz if everyones saying stuff against your bias then it's a government conspiracy driven by the left
The deep state is running the world my friend...
Like everyone can get together and agree on one thing just to brain wash your kids
Give way too much credit the side your against is always too smart running everything yet is too dumb to see the truth
Double standard much?
We getting more and more extreme
Can you find your sources can you find your sources
Or do you just trust everything you hear?
Theres always more then one side to every story but we confirm our bias

Note: On the palestine conflict...theres misinformation both on the left and right but i be seeing a lot on the left that's why I called them out. My stance there is the same as it was- anti war. I dont like war and i see it as needless death. There's more i could say on the left but im in a bubble being fed by the algorithm so it's hard to think of arguments offhand. Hopefully this poem isnt too unbalanced. This is more of a criticism of how we are all in bubbles

Last edited:

VoidCat

I wrote this thinking about how much of a bubble I am in online. Was thinking about it in the shower and this poem formed in my head

InChrist

Free4ever
Thanks for sharing your poem/thoughts. I definitely agree that the deep state, powers that be and control are manipulating us and constantly triggering people’s emotions and stirring up strife and division. I think it’s a very successful tool used to distract what they are doing to gain more power and further control over the populace and this world.

VoidCat

Thanks for sharing your poem/thoughts. I definitely agree that the deep state, powers that be and control are manipulating us and constantly triggering people’s emotions and stirring up strife and division. I think it’s a very successful tool used to distract what they are doing to gain more power and further control over the populace and this world.
I can't tell if you serious or not. That wasnt the message at all. The message is that the internet is making folk extremists by feeding them thtough the algrothim. The deep state is a conspiracy theory. The idea of a large group of people agreeing enough to secretly control folk is kinda hard to believe.

VoidCat

Cuz if everyones saying stuff against your bias then it's a government conspiracy driven by the left
Like everyone can get together and agree on one thing just to brain wash your kids
Give way too much credit the side your against is always too smart running everything yet is too dumb to see the truth
@InChrist
This is what im referring to as deep state. Imma edit to make that clear

InChrist

Free4ever
I can't tell if you serious or not. That wasnt the message at all. The message is that the internet is making folk extremists by feeding them thtough the algrothim. The deep state is a conspiracy theory. The idea of a large group of people agreeing enough to secretly control folk is kinda hard to believe.
Actually, I am serious. I agree that it is the internet through algorithms that play a big part in feeding people’s minds, along with news, entertainment, etc. I don’t think it’s conspiracy theory once it happens in real life. I don’t necessarily think a bunch of powerful people are secretly agreeing to control. What I do think is that certain very powerful people are out for themselves and if it benefits them then they’ll agree with others in their league. Besides, if you spend any time at all reading or listening to the plans of the powerful world players and the World Economic Forum…they are very open, not being secretive.

VoidCat

. Besides, if you spend any time at all reading or listening to the plans of the powerful world players and the World Economic Forum…they are very open, not being secretive.
I haven't. I do believe powerful folk will try to influence others and society. But I don't believe a lot of the conspiracies I hear about deep state. I mostly was thinking about stuff like Qanon when i wrote that