• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This'll get ya killed...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Soleimani’s plans to attack U.S. forces aimed to provoke a military response that would redirect that rising anger toward the United States,

He succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Interesting how all these cover stories explode into life after the event and no one actually thinks to check their validity

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Interesting how all these cover stories explode into life after the event and no one actually thinks to check their validity
And this is why, I think, that we are a doomed species. Whatever Trump decides to tweet, and Fox decides to speak -- though all will be totally lies, they will also become the only "truth" that the right accepts. (I do not deny that the left does this, too.) How many people actually read/investigate both sides of everything, and try to come to what understanding they can about what's really going on? I know you do, @ChristineM because it shows in your posts. I do, too.

But the world is becoming increasingly polarized -- we strike our attitudes, set up our defensive positions, build our fortress walls to make sure that we know as little as possible about the other side, and then we bomb each other.

And that polarization is increasingly becoming the dominant feature of US politics, to the point that where the US is losing its legitimacy around the world as leader. Anybody stupid enough to think that Putin, Xi, and even Erdogan are not seeing this can't possibly see how dire all of this is.

Okay, America -- the economic picture at home says you'll probably re-elect Trump. And then? You really have no idea at all how bad it could get...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And this is why, I think, that we are a doomed species. Whatever Trump decides to tweet, and Fox decides to speak -- though all will be totally lies, they will also become the only "truth" that the right accepts. (I do not deny that the left does this, too.) How many people actually read/investigate both sides of everything, and try to come to what understanding they can about what's really going on? I know you do, @ChristineM because it shows in your posts. I do, too.

But the world is becoming increasingly polarized -- we strike our attitudes, set up our defensive positions, build our fortress walls to make sure that we know as little as possible about the other side, and then we bomb each other.

And that polarization is increasingly becoming the dominant feature of US politics, to the point that where the US is losing its legitimacy around the world as leader. Anybody stupid enough to think that Putin, Xi, and even Erdogan are not seeing this can't possibly see how dire all of this is.

Okay, America -- the economic picture at home says you'll probably re-elect Trump. And then? You really have no idea at all how bad it could get...

The trouble with presenting both sides is that it leaves you with not one enemy but two. Thanks for the compliment.

I agree that America is being dragged down to the level of the leader, a couple of years ago this was seen as a laughing matter by the rest of the world but it has gone beyond a chuckle now.