• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned on RF Today

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Proud extremist here. :smilingimp:

For every ant that an anthropocentrist nonchalantly steps on, I will step over three!
It's like the ants read what I posted on RF today. I opened the door to go outside, and there were like 10 on my threshold just huddled in at the door sweep that made a beeline (no pun intended) to come in my room as soon as I opened the door. I guess they figured my room was a safe haven. :shrug:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It was more of anneye opening realisation than learned.

I have never given a thought to how a flagpole is roped. How do they get the rope over the top pulley... I just do not know.

Also never realized that my late teens were a spiritual journey in reverse.

Wirey

Fartist
The Earth is going to stop turning, but to us, it will just look like the Sun and Moon have stopped moving.
Actually, no it wouldn't. The loss of centrifugal force when the planet's rotation ceased would allow gravity to overwhelm us, and crush us all into paste. You would have a brief moment where you felt faint as the liquids in your body were torn out of your legs, and then you'd do a pretty good impersonation of a puddle of discarded baby food.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, no it wouldn't. The loss of centrifugal force when the planet's rotation ceased would allow gravity to overwhelm us, and crush us all into paste. You would have a brief moment where you felt faint as the liquids in your body were torn out of your legs, and then you'd do a pretty good impersonation of a puddle of discarded baby food.
Sorry. I'd like to believe you. I really would. But since I read the scenario I posted above on RF, I have to go with that one.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Awe come on, we ain't all daft. If the earth stopped spinning, centrifugal force would take over abd we wouldn't stop. We'd continue on at about 1000 miles per hour until something immovable got in the way then all our liquids would make a stain on the immovable object. Only then trickling down to resemble a puddle of discarded baby food

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Awe come on, we ain't all daft. If the earth stopped spinning, centrifugal force would take over abd we wouldn't stop. We'd continue on at about 1000 miles per hour until something immovable got in the way then all our liquids would make a stain on the immovable object. Only then trickling down to resemble a puddle of discarded baby food
I'd just jump really, really high so I wouldn't hit any trees or buildings...just like in all the pictures of the rapture I've seen.

the-rapture.jpg