• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Star_wars_cinema_1977.jpg
When I first moved to California I got to see Beetlejuice in a Fox Theater. I loved how it was like an older theater like that, like the ones that had to update their projector equipment to show Phantom Menace (like the one I was in front of when I had my picture taken for the paper).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We had a very weird but understanding boss at the time. The entire tech team went to see Star Trek back in the day. I'll just say that in spite of some oddities on his behavior, he had one really dedicated team for that event and other similar reasons.
Have you read Microserfs? They're mostly nearly all a bunch of Trekkies in that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
True fact
The Bad News Bears is rated PG.
The Addams Family (91) is PG-13.
How that isn't reversed is beyond me.

I think the G rating might refer to the Charlie Brown film sharing the same theater. They didn't have PG-13 back then. That rating came about after the movie "Gremlins" came out and people felt that PG wasn't strong enough.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think the G rating might refer to the Charlie Brown film sharing the same theater. They didn't have PG-13 back then. That rating came about after the movie "Gremlins" came out and people felt that PG wasn't strong enough.
Yeah. I figured but I checked anyways.
The Bad News Bears is PG. The '91 Addams Family movie is PG-13.
It's more a comment as to how stupid and unreasonable American ratings can be.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Even a nap this afternoon and some tea afterwards was not enough to keep me from yawning. What an exciting day this hasn't been.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This Facebook story amused me.

This old lady handed her bank card to the teller and said “I would like to withdraw $10”. The teller told her “for withdrawals less than $100, please use the ATM.

The old lady wanted to know why... The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her “these are the rules, please leave if there is no further matter. There is a line of customers behind you”.

The old lady remained silent for a few seconds and handed her card back to the teller and said “please help me withdraw all the money I have.” The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her “you have $300,000 in your account but the bank doesn’t have that much cash currently.

Could you make an appointment and come back again tomorrow? The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately. The teller told her any amount up to $3000. “Well please let me have $3000 now.” The teller kindly handed $3000 very friendly and with a smile to her.

The old lady put $10 in her purse and asked the teller to deposit $2990 back into her account. The moral of this story is.... Don’t be difficult with old people, they spent a lifetime learning the skill.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I did get to play the real MTG today, Magic the Gathering, and I'm proud my own deck fought to a draw, an entirely unwinnable stalemate, against someone with lots more experience than me. No way for either to win with my ability to shuffle cards back into my graveyard and monsters that have grown into the 40/40s and 50/50s witb attack and defense (normally attack and defense at 10/10 would be considered incredibly high), my opponent with no more cards left in her deck (losing condition), -30 something health (losing condition), and enchantments that it impossible for he to lose. Or even to win. She thought she won, but my deck is more than the standard 60 and shuffling cards back in nullified the milling thing her deck had going on, and I had an absolute ton of mana and even with the enchant that made spells more expensive to cost I was unphased. My creatures could easily have turned hers to pulp with the strongest being 4/4, but she had an enchantment to make her creatures indestructible.
The fun thing about my deck is it's very easy to change the defensive mechanisms of it. Even the colors. And play spells of any color. And I have some white cards that can nuke the field and wipe off everything.