• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Beans on toast for breakie!.

Interesting fact, if you heat up baked beans in the microwave in 3 x 20 second bursts they are the perfect temperature, if you try and cut out the middle man and do 1 x 60 second zap you end up cleaning baked bean spatter off the inside of the microwave.
That's magical.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
5291479-5834443929-Untit.jpg
I had no idea that a bear was bigger than that guy that models for pedestrian crossing signs.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
But the Dude abides.

You know what - I have tried several times to watch that movie but I just can't get into it. But I also can't get into The Last Of The Mohicans so there's that. I mean, I love historical stuff and I know that has got to be a good movie but I always fall asleep when all those men are sweating in that log cabin thingie and I wake up when the woman is throwing herself over the cliff, and I know a lot of great stuff surely happens in between!

Oh, also Apocalypse Now. I always fall asleep when Marlon Brando is down in that tunnel or whatever, and I wake up when he is saying that they cut off the arms of all the kids who got the shots from the Americans. Surely other stuff happens. I mean, I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You know what - I have tried several times to watch that movie but I just can't get into it. But I also can't get into The Last Of The Mohicans so there's that. I mean, I love historical stuff and I know that has got to be a good movie but I always fall asleep when all those men are sweating in that log cabin thingie and I wake up when the woman is throwing herself over the cliff, and I know a lot of great stuff surely happens in between!

Oh, also Apocalypse Now. I always fall asleep when Marlon Brando is down in that tunnel or whatever, and I wake up when he is saying that they cut off the arms of all the kids who got the shots from the Americans. Surely other stuff happens. I mean, I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory.
So what movies do you stay awake for?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I've stayed awake for all three of those. Apocalypse Now is on Prime currently. Haven't seen it in a long while and currently on my watch list. Lately, I've been watching 50's scifi and John Wayne movies. Not sure when I'll get to Apocalypse.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I love anything with a scintillating dialogue. I love Pulp Fiction for instance.("Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.") I also really like O Brother Where Are Thou? ("Damn, we're in a tight spot!") I also love The Sound of Music of all things, probably largely because Christopher Plummer was in his prime. My favorite line from that one is probably "And somewhere out there is a girl, who I think will never become a nun." Said by the Baroness.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

"You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I love anything with a scintillating dialogue. I love Pulp Fiction for instance.("Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.") I also really like O Brother Where Are Thou? ("Damn, we're in a tight spot!") I also love The Sound of Music of all things, probably largely because Christopher Plummer was in his prime. My favorite line from that one is probably "And somewhere out there is a girl, who I think will never become a nun." Said by the Baroness.
I love Pulp Fiction too. It was 20 years before I saw it. Not sure why. Just was.

There is a lot going on in that movie. All of it is interesting and entertaining.